The flaming helmet debate

So, if you bought halo reach legendary you got a flaming helmet. If you worked for bungie you got the blue flaming helmet.
I think in halo 4, for 100,000,000 cr you can buya flaming helmet and you can change the color to anything you want. Is this supported?
My fav F H color would beBLACK.

I would rather it be a coveted item as the Recon Helmet once was in Halo 3 where it was rewarded for great things.

No, I haz the flame and im looking forward to another exclusive like that so I can show off my appreciation to the halo community.

Lolwat. Do the highest ranks in Reach even have that much money, if they never bought anything?

> So, if you bought halo reach legendary you got a flaming helmet. If you worked for bungie you got the blue flaming helmet.
> I think in halo 4, for 100,000,000 cr you can buya flaming helmet and you can change the color to anything you want. Is this supported?
> My fav F H color would beBLACK.

An armor for the legendary edition would be nice. Basically something for those who paid extra for it… All though seeing as how armor now affects gameplay, i think it should be something like giving you enough spartan points to buy any helmet of your choicem but thats it.

Other than that, special items should only be awarded for outstanding acheivements or challenge compeltetions. It shows skill and dedication to the game.

> I would rather it be a coveted item as the Recon Helmet once was in Halo 3 where it was rewarded for great things.

this

Dude, any color f h it cant just be 1000 cr. and its for halo 4

What I liked about Halo 3’s customization system was that you actually had to do tasks to unlock the armor pieces and they often tied in to the nature of the task. I wish Halo 4 had a similar system, maybe a large discount instead.

> Dude, any color f h it cant just be 1000 cr. and its for halo 4

That’s not the point, though. I know it’s for H4, but if after at least a year, no one would have that much money in Reach… then it wouldn’t work unless the cR payouts were exponentially increased.

Well maby if you unlock all achievements and complete every lvl on legendary then you unlocked the any color fh

100 million credits? It took 20,000,000 credits to become an inheritor in Reach. If one earned 1 credit a second (not playtime, actual life), it would take around 3 years to be able to purchase this.

Note: Earning a credit a second = 86,400 Cr a day. If the Cr limit is 120,000, it would take less time.

I like the thought of buying the helmet and customizing the colour. It’s a really good idea. It would take ages to get but it’s worth it.

well, on bungie day ANYONE could have got the blue one in halo reach (all you needed to do is to redeem it with ONE click on bungie’s website- too late now

I took it of course and I always run around with it, I don’t give a damn whether it is exclusive or not, you just look quite badass with it in the replays (I think it’s called eternal)

But yeah, I consider it an option to sell it at 2-3 million creds (like the lightning effect) and make it costumizable in color, the guys from 343 (the employees) can get their unique piece of armor if they want to

I’d rather have something new. Flaming helmet is kinda old and overused.

I would rather it came with the limited edition just like it did with previous Halos.

> So, if you bought halo reach legendary you got a flaming helmet. If you worked for bungie you got the blue flaming helmet.
> I think in halo 4, for 100,000,000 cr you can buya flaming helmet and you can change the color to anything you want. Is this supported?
> My fav F H color would beBLACK.

I ordered the Legendary Edition of Halo: Reach, indeed! The flaming affect didn’t really bother me at all, it was just a bit unique.

100,000,000cR is a little bit too much don’t you think? That’s like Inheritor 5 times (unless if they made the cR or whatever points system a whole lot easier to get).

It would be a nice addition if 343 did something like that, where you can customize the colours of your affect.

I have blue flame and Im not a bungie employee

I do not want it to take FOREVER, but other than that I do not care how, but i want it.lol X-D

Nah, flaming helmet is getting old and adding all kinds of colours would just mean it would be easier to exploit it somehow, the halo community will find a way…
I think we should let the flaming helmets rest for now and go for something new and improved instead :slight_smile:

Man why are people so obsessed with the flames? They’re just armor effects.

Anyway, I would definitely like to see some sort of “exclusive” armor that members of the community are rewarded for doing good deeds for the community.