The Fixed/Patch wants Thread

This thread was going to be created eventually. Let me get one thing clear. Halo 4 is so refreshing to play after what Reach have us. Nonetheless, there are some problems and issues that could be fixed. Post them here.

This was from CursedLemon from HaloCouncil.com:

Show teammates death area on map (red X/spartan tag number/give us something)
Playlist overhaul (Add: snipers, doubles, grifball, fiesta playlists. Merge obj playlists, etc.)
Active Roster in alphabetical order
Join-In-Progress toggle
Auto-pickup toggle
Sprint toggle
Ability to drop the flag
Static weapon timers
Assault gametype
Visible ranks
Theater for Campaign/Spartan Ops.
Campaign scoring/timers
Fix theater to have voices
Active roster/voting lobby party grouping (being able to tell who is in a party with who)
Precision forge controls
Show teammates death area on map (red X/spartan tag number/give us something)
Being able to move while pressing the back button
Show scoreboard on BTB respawn screen
Spectator Mode
“Games Won” - Only Infinity Slayer counts right now
Why are all names capitalized?

For visible ranks it would be an improvement that we can we our rank and no one else’s than not seeing anything at all.

Some of these things are trivial but let’s make a good game better!

I know it would take a lot of work but the menus are just awkward to say the least. As well as not unzooming when you take damage, that has to change, as it keeps people camping.

DMR needs to be fixed a bit…maybe a slower rate of fire would make it fair. Also, lets just not start with precision weapons and pick those up on the map.

I think it is very important to be able to start with precision weapons so you can properly defend yourself from camping. Kill times are borderline too fast though.

Adding a good connection only option is the number one priority at the moment. Number two priority is fixing all of the glitches there have been threads about.

Adding alert carry for custom/forge games over live would also be nice.

-reduce reload times slightly
-remove recoil from BRS
-remove the aiming interference that happens when you got shot.(this allows the person that shoots first to win almost everytime because the other guy can never get a shot on target)
-remove sprinting from TSP
-add TSR that can be seen in game
-increase grenade blast radius and damage by atleast 30%
-remove weapons-on-map hud
-add permanant weapons on map
-i would prefer to remove either the BR or DMR entirely and stick with one but considering they are both in the game already, make them both exactly the same statistcally and increase damage. They should both kill in 4 shots at the same fire rate and both be equally effective at all ranges. They should just be preferences aesthetically and burst/single shot. In halo 2 the br and covenant rifle were both equally deadly in all aspects
-create better maps. H4 maps are easily the worst launch maps in halo history
-everyones default loadout should be AR unless they actually make the power weapons a valuable part of the game
-remove bloom
-add staticly placed OS and active camos to TSP maps
-record games by kills not points

• no instant respawn
    -show game timer
    -no join in progress
    -bring back halo 2/3 medal icons
    -adjust hud to make it clearer when you get a kill

Well im sure theres more but all of those changes would make halo 4 play like halo for real and are all staples of the franchise. TS Infinity can keep all of their perks and different classes and have their cod playstyle. But atleast give us true halo faithful a few playlists to play some real halo in. Make everyone happy.

Buff thrusters and perhaps buff the damage of the Warthog gun… Seriously, its faster to jump out and use the DMR to kill someone than to use the warthog gun…

~Campaign Adjustments~

• Assault Rifle maximum ammo increase from 224 to 352 (Halo 3 standard) or 320 (10 full magazines)
  • DMR maximum ammo increase from 42 to 56 (4 full magazines, Reach standard)
  • More assorted ammo limit increases to improve lasting ability for more weapons
  • Recharge delay for shields after full depletion decrease (shorter delay before recharge cycle begins

Aside from my ammo grips the rest of the campaign is pretty solid.

As for War Games I actually haven’t played yet so I can’t comment.

Remove recoil from BRS? Are you effin stupid?

The gun is already the only thing people use, it’s OPed from the start!

It needs more recoil or a 1/2 second delay between shots, getting rapid fired by a “light turret” is not the way BRs should be.

-nades are too weak (both standard and plasma - don’t know how to judge the other)
– even with the explosives added to my load out, things are not dying when standing on the nade. either this is a serious exploit going on, or nades are too weak in "radial damage’ (sticking a ghost does… nothing?)

BR - needs delay between bursts. Accurate + Spam shots = no other gun needed. ever. Boring.

sword - or rather “Anti Sword” needs brought back. Have not been able to “clang” a sword at all - so either the timing is way different then Reach - or it’s removed all together. Clanging a sword was the best improvement reach gave to the sword battle, taking it away now makes me want to go back to reach - not buy DLC.

-Anti-P.Vision ability needs made. P-vision is probably the worse thing to happen to Halo. It needs to be more expensive in Spartan Points, be disabled until like rank 30+ or have a counter-vision side for players that just hate it. (using counter would also mean you can’t have P.vision yourself)

-infection needs brought back. We miss zombies. Flood is nice and all… but we miss zombies.

> Remove recoil from BRS? Are you effin stupid?
>
> The gun is already the only thing people use, it’s OPed from the start!
>
> It needs more recoil or a 1/2 second delay between shots, getting rapid fired by a “light turret” is not the way BRs should be.

Halo 2 didnt recoil on br (or maybe it was slight) and it was perfect. You say its overpowered?? The thing takes 5 shots to kill someone. You want it to take 6,7,8 shots?? Halo 4 br is weak

Just read through the OP and I want to hug you. I don’t see anything that I thought of that you didn’t highlight.

This stuff needs to be fixed, not “it would be nice” it NEEDS to be fixed or people really will leave this game just as fast as Reach.

This game has a good core but a lot of these things are really game breaking.

> > Remove recoil from BRS? Are you effin stupid?
> >
> > The gun is already the only thing people use, it’s OPed from the start!
> >
> > It needs more recoil or a 1/2 second delay between shots, getting rapid fired by a “light turret” is not the way BRs should be.
>
> Halo 2 didnt recoil on br (or maybe it was slight) and it was perfect. You say its overpowered?? The thing takes 5 shots to kill someone. You want it to take 6,7,8 shots?? Halo 4 br is weak

try 3-4 shots, which is about 12 bullets. which occurs faster then any other rifle (except of course 1 shot wonders like snipers)

6 shots - which are slower due to the actual delay in the gun for balance - from a DMR, 5 if all head shots.

7-8 shots with magnum. only if your accurate though.

Why should BR be “spam and win” ? This isn’t RAMBO, it’s HALO.

right now the BR is just a turret that doesn’t slow your movement down. the ‘tiny delay’ isn’t enough for anything.

Test it yourself. You can’t even get a hardlight shield up in time before you die from BR. first shot is nearly all your shield, you start the shield animation to block - second shot hits, shield finally is almost formed, then the third shot comes through and you die.

There is not enough delay in between the burst fires. Period. Anyone to disagree obviously is just a BR fanboy and doesn’t want their OP gun to be balanced.

The simple fact the only thing you see now is P.Vision and BR in every single match type that allows it (which is nearly all of them) more accurately shows there is a problem with the balance in the gun. It’s the “easy button” all you do is spam bullets and you win. No real effort is taken, no real aiming either - the game does that for you. combine this with p.vision and you’ve got Ghost Recon all over again, except this time with cooler armor.

I didn’t want another ghost recon - I wanted HALO. If you notice - every other gun has changed quite a bit since 3/reach - almost none of them fire the same, they all have different rates and damages. BR however, are too powered for the balance.

Why bother with anything else when you can spend like 3 spartan points and always kill everything you shoot first?

> > > Remove recoil from BRS? Are you effin stupid?
> > >
> > > The gun is already the only thing people use, it’s OPed from the start!
> > >
> > > It needs more recoil or a 1/2 second delay between shots, getting rapid fired by a “light turret” is not the way BRs should be.
> >
> > Halo 2 didnt recoil on br (or maybe it was slight) and it was perfect. You say its overpowered?? The thing takes 5 shots to kill someone. You want it to take 6,7,8 shots?? Halo 4 br is weak
>
> try 4 shots, which is 12 bullets. which occurs faster then any other rifle (except of course 1 shot wonders like snipers)
>
> 6 shots - which are slower due to the actual delay in the gun for balance - from a DMR, 5 if all head shots.
>
> 7-8 shots with magnum. only if your accurate though.
>
> Why should BR be “spam and win” ? This isn’t RAMBO, it’s HALO.
>
> right now the BR is just a turret that doesn’t slow your movement down. the ‘tiny delay’ isn’t enough for anything.
>
> Test it yourself. You can’t even get a hardlight shield up in time before you die from BR. first shot is nearly all your shield, you start the shield animation to block - second shot hits, shield finally is almost formed, then the third shot comes through and you die.
>
> There is not enough delay in between the burst fires. Period. Anyone to disagree obviously is just a BR fanboy and doesn’t want their OP gun to be balanced.

wait a minute, let me see if I understand this correctly… First you are saying the BR is a 4 shot, which it isn’t and you are complaining that it is overpowered but you make no mention of the DMR being OP? Personally I think all the primaries are fine but honestly I would choose the DMR or the Carbine before I choose the BR. The BR is really weak and inferior to the DMR in almost every way.

• Campaign: add scoring and more stats

• Spartan Ops: give the missions the campaign rules (checkpoints/skulls), at least as an option. As it stands now, this mode is unchallenging and boring… Why is there an achievement for finishing its missions on legendary when you can’t lose?

Personally, I think the killtimes are little bit too fast. If 2 people shoot you you’re out of luck in no time.

Yes, fast killtimes bring fast paced gameplay, but it also encourages camping.

> > > > Remove recoil from BRS? Are you effin stupid?
> > > >
> > > > The gun is already the only thing people use, it’s OPed from the start!
> > > >
> > > > It needs more recoil or a 1/2 second delay between shots, getting rapid fired by a “light turret” is not the way BRs should be.
> > >
> > > Halo 2 didnt recoil on br (or maybe it was slight) and it was perfect. You say its overpowered?? The thing takes 5 shots to kill someone. You want it to take 6,7,8 shots?? Halo 4 br is weak
> >
> > try 4 shots, which is 12 bullets. which occurs faster then any other rifle (except of course 1 shot wonders like snipers)
> >
> > 6 shots - which are slower due to the actual delay in the gun for balance - from a DMR, 5 if all head shots.
> >
> > 7-8 shots with magnum. only if your accurate though.
> >
> > Why should BR be “spam and win” ? This isn’t RAMBO, it’s HALO.
> >
> > right now the BR is just a turret that doesn’t slow your movement down. the ‘tiny delay’ isn’t enough for anything.
> >
> > Test it yourself. You can’t even get a hardlight shield up in time before you die from BR. first shot is nearly all your shield, you start the shield animation to block - second shot hits, shield finally is almost formed, then the third shot comes through and you die.
> >
> > There is not enough delay in between the burst fires. Period. Anyone to disagree obviously is just a BR fanboy and doesn’t want their OP gun to be balanced.
>
> wait a minute, let me see if I understand this correctly… First you are saying the BR is a 4 shot, which it isn’t and you are complaining that it is overpowered but you make no mention of the DMR being OP? Personally I think all the primaries are fine but honestly I would choose the DMR or the Carbine before I choose the BR. The BR is really weak and inferior to the DMR in almost every way.

DMR was always 5 shot kill. in fact it’s almost identicle to reach’s DMR, slight difference, slight recoil change.

The fact is - if DMR was so “OP” - why is everyone using BR?

Well this is maybe unimportant but i would like a fix for the machinima side of the game by not pulling up the gun while you walk.

Because people are nostalgic. Thats really the only reason. The DMR has a faster kill time, is more accurate and bloom has almost no effect on it. People use the BR because they liked in H2/3…

In the current game there is really almost no reason to choose the BR over the DMR other than dumb people dont want to use the DMR because Reach tainted it.

The campaign is pretty buggy. Elites will randomly have seizures, crawlers’ heads go through the floor/walls, Banshees fly into walls regularly, entire cliff faces will randomly disappear and reappear as you approach them.

I honestly thing the BR and DMR both have their own roles, which they play rather well. Iv’e done well with both guns because I know when to switch to the appropriate gun to deal with the situation. Yes the kill times are a bit too fast but halo is all about teamwork anyway so can’t complain about dying when your being team killed. There are certain areas that need to be fixed with multiplayer though. I’m sure 343 will deal with the issues soon enough anyway.