The First Time Hunters Were Encountered

When was the first time Hunters were encountered? Everything I have so far points to July 2552 by the Master Chief’s Spartan team.

That is the time when TFoR says Humans first encounter the Hunters: July, 2552, Planet SIgma Octanus IV. However that, admittedly, needed to change. Just like the Elites not being seen until TFoR, or the Brutes until First Strike. Necessary retcons.

Indeed. Plenty of Hunters were seen on Harvest as well as Arcadia.

The 2010 First Strike print changes it so sound like Brutes had been encountered before.

I don’t remember Hunters being on Harvest in Contact Harvest.

> The 2010 First Strike print changes it so sound like Brutes had been encountered before.
>
> I don’t remember Hunters being on Harvest in Contact Harvest.

Halo Wars

The 2010 First Strike print changes it to sound like Brutes had been encountered before.

I don’t remember Hunters being on Harvest in Contact Harvest.

> The 2010 First Strike print changes it to sound like Brutes had been encountered before.
>

Hunters appear on Harvest in Halo Wars. This means Hunters have been encountered by the UNSC by at least 2531. They were also present on Arcadia in the same year.

> Indeed. Plenty of Hunters were seen on Harvest as well as Arcadia.

this.

2531 is the earliest sighting then?

> 2531 is the earliest sighting then?

The earliest known sighting yes

> The 2010 First Strike print changes it so sound like Brutes had been encountered before.
>

Contact Harvest only covered the beginning of the battle of Harvest.

I fell that the dates of when some of the covenant races had been first encountered was one of the very few necessary retcons. I mean, it would be kinda silly to think that for almost the entire war that all humanity fought were grunts and jackals. Especially considering that all races in the covenant were a part of the covenant before they even waged war with humanity.

I just wish 343 would do a better job of retconning and stop with some of the unnecessary ones(or Bungie, should I say? Reach was a retconfest).