The first Halo game where having a good looking Spartan comes with great shame and looking default comes with great pride. :(

For real, they didn’t add one on purpose. Most people probably wouldn’t even care for the monetization if we had a secondary way of earning credits without forking over real.cash. but they designed it to simply get real money and not take into consideration if players are willing to grind for credits

3 Likes

Yeah everything is overvalued at the moment, ensuring only the cash whales buy anything at all besides the battle pass… so whale watching is easier than ever in Halo Infinite.

1 Like

I wanna know how someone equipped $250 worth of stuff on their spartan. even with 1 piece each from the 3 $20 packs and a few pieces from multiple $15 or $10 packs it would be hard to even equip $150 worth of stuff at this point. Unless they are including spending $200 to level up battle pass from level 1 to 100

1 Like

There are probably loads of people that just shelled out to complete the battlepass - time is money

I’m usually one that might buy one set of nice armor and be satisfied with that forever. I also have no problem just wearing the default armor either. I don’t need to look like a samarai or anything else. It doesn’t feel like halo to me.
I don’t mind supporting 343 periodically, especially since I’m playing this on game pass for free. But I’m not one that needs everything everytime something new shows up in the cash shop.

1 Like

I know this is a bit off topic at the moment but is anyone else not able to connect to Halo infinite I was having severe lagging issues earlier today that I never had to deal with before and now when I go to actually try and play the game it says everything’s offline

Yes, he also bought the complete battle pass since he was wearing stuff from level 98 or something like that very early on in the game. Also items from two 20 dollar bundles and multiple 10 and/or 15 dollar bundles.

2 Likes

Agreed! I wear my default Mark VII as a badge of honor, and I laugh a bit at anyone who’s all decked out.

4 Likes

OR just do the reach system…no shop. problem solved

4 Likes

Nah it’s great, same energy as when people shame the players who have real currency only amounts in WoW with the spit emote. Could not be any better a post

2 Likes

Has anyone done the math on how fast you can progress without paying for skips?

First week was challenges only, then 50xp per, and the most recent tweak (bonus points for your first 7 game? Something like that). I could be wrong, but it doesn’t seem possible to complete the majority of the pass in 3 weeks.

with everything being behind a paywall, not many will be willing to pay up, except for the money whales
so thus, every spartan doesn’t really feel unique…
‘oh but it’s just customization’ no, since halo CE the customization want there to make everyone unique. something worthwhile and cool to have. now, in infinite, i practically frown apun the ones who actually bought anything. be it the BP or something from the shop (not so much the HCS)
and when i’m in a match where everyone hasn’t bought a thing, no one feels unique. even the folk with the free stuff, just feels like i’m the same as them. same spartan with a different coating of paint. doesn’t feel right or good, especially for a halo game. but it also feels good knowing that people aren’t paying 343 for this ridiculous nonsense

4 Likes

I actually couldn’t tell if this post was trolling or not lmao.

With great shame comes great wallet lol.

2 Likes

No I think this post is genuine I don’t think it’s someone trolling and I do agree with them I was playing Halo infinite yesterday and I ran into someone wearing the samurai armor with the $15 belt on and the helmet as well as the shoulders they have the entire thing decked out and my thought was you really spent like 50 to $60 just for that and I have seen a few people that have fully maxed out the battle pass aswell, they spent like 200 plus dollars just to get to max out their rank I just don’t understand it nor do I understand why the developers chose to go this route they could have easily went in a less greedy way and made way more money in long-term because if they want this game to be live service for 10 years making the store the way they did doesn’t make any sense like they’re backed by a multi-billion dollar company and they’re doing this greedy performance why? It makes absolutely no sense even from a business standpoint it doesn’t make any sense I mean would you rather make your customers happy and give them reasonable prices or piss them off so much that they straight up just leave your product in the dust.

4 Likes

Agreed.
I don’t get to play very often. 10 hours a week if I’m lucky. With that said if it took me up to 3 weeks to earn enough credits to buy one item that I would like from the store. I’d be happy with that.

3 Likes

I would too because see I earned the credits from playing the game but we don’t have any way to earn in game currency so we could purchase things from the store it has to be actual money rather than just letting players earn their armor like they could in every other Halo

3 Likes

Exactly.
There’s no way they could of gotten something so easy to get right and get it so wrong and not have the common sense to see what you just said that everyone would of been happy with.

3 Likes

It really doesn’t make any sense and I don’t see how they managed to get this so wrong they could have gone about it in any other way than what they have now and for progression they had the MCC they could have easily copied and pasted and they just didn’t they had so many examples of what they could have done to get this right and they managed to mess it up so badly that everyone is hating it.

And I’m mostly speaking about the multiplayer the campaign is missing some key elements as well but I think that’s probably due to the fact that it’s an open world game now and 343 doesn’t have any experience with open world games that I know of anyway

2 Likes

Yup ally stuff is the free stuff. The only paid for items I rock is my Nerf stuff but I got actual stuff worth it and my Halo infinite controlllers weapon charm paid 216 bucks and fought scalpers off for that controller I’m wearing that charm. Besides all the other weapon charms pale in comparison to my Halo Infinite elite controller one lol