The Final Cosmetic the Public is Missing.

Do you think we will ever get the flaming EOD chest for legacy Halo 3? It is the only cosmetic most of the Community has left to get.

Nope. It came and gone. Just like most of the playlists that had been. Icy Treats is one. I’d access my bungie profile for the full list but i can’t remember my old gt.

Literally the only cosmetic set that I don’t have is recon and that tears at my soul man. I bugs me so bad. I have a friend who doesn’t even play legacy H3 and he has it just because he has an older account. I know 343 can’t give us It but I really wish there was a way. Heck I wish MCC armor was locked behind there original achievements just so I could have the chance at actually earning it in some way. Its weird but I have a problem wearing armor in MCC if I didn’t unlock it in OG H3.

> 2535429645622207;3:
> Literally the only cosmetic set that I don’t have is recon and that tears at my soul man. I bugs me so bad.
>
> Its weird but I have a problem wearing armor in MCC if I didn’t unlock it in OG H3.

Same here man, same here. :frowning:

Isn’t it weird that you can choose to wear recon armor in the MCC, but not in the original Halo 3? They say they don’t have the ability to make it unlockable in the original again, which sounds weird to me because you have it in the MCC.

> 2533274974350131;4:
> > 2535429645622207;3:
> > Literally the only cosmetic set that I don’t have is recon and that tears at my soul man. I bugs me so bad.
> >
> > Its weird but I have a problem wearing armor in MCC if I didn’t unlock it in OG H3.
>
> Same here man, same here. :frowning:
>
> Isn’t it weird that you can choose to wear recon armor in the MCC, but not in the original Halo 3? They say they don’t have the ability to make it unlockable in the original again, which sounds weird to me because you have it in the MCC.

They were able to port the game over but I dont know why they can’t unlock the armor. They’re the ones still in charge of H3 maintenance too so Idk. They lost the feature to unlock it through bungie.net, but Im sure there’s another way. They probably just don’t feel like its a big deal or just haven’t recognized it yet. TBH I don’t think anyone has asked 343 themselves.

> 2535429645622207;5:
> TBH I don’t think anyone has asked 343 themselves.

Many people have asked, was almost a weekly question at one point. They no longer have the tech available to unlock Recon for players and haven’t had that ability for over 5 years now. The tech that allowed them to do it has since been retired.

Due to how low the population is on Halo 3 now, I doubt it would be relevant at all. It would be cool to obtain it, but if it ever is possible, I hope it’s through challenging gameplay, to make it feel like an accomplishment, unlike what 343 did to recon.

I think we can all agree that its sucks that you can’t get recon anymore, but its not that big of a deal. I’m just really excited to see what special armors with challenging tasks were going to see in Halo Infinite. Hopefully Recon will be special again.