The Fate of Spartan 117 Revealed in The Sprint S3

The recent trailer for The Sprint Season 3 tells us what happens.

If you don’t want the campaign spoiled don’t click.
Edit: This could be out of context, at least I hope it is.

At 18 seconds or so it says Master Chief is dead and Agent Locke found out the Warden killed him.

What i don’t see anything at 18 secs or is it just me :confused:

> 2533274823659836;2:
> What i don’t see anything at 18 secs or is it just me :confused:

If you pause it shows the script around 18 seconds.

> 2533274794523302;3:
> > 2533274823659836;2:
> > What i don’t see anything at 18 secs or is it just me :confused:
>
>
> If you pause it shows the script around 18 seconds.

Oh i see it now.

As a warning, released material is also considered a leak by some admins here. I received a slap on the wrist for discussing the HunttheTruth teaser they released on tumblr and immediately deleted.

> 2533274889742137;5:
> As a warning, released material is also considered a leak by some admins here. I received a slap on the wrist for discussing the HunttheTruth teaser they released on tumblr and immediately deleted.

I hope not because they released this in the official trailer but we’ll see anyway.

So long as there is a spoiler tag that actually hides the important stuff and the title doesn’t reveal anything, I won’t report. Whether it’s a leak is up to the mods but intentionally posting spoilers is a -Yoink- move and will get you banned.

> 2533274883849234;7:
> So long as there is a spoiler tag that actually hides the important stuff and the title doesn’t reveal anything, I won’t report. Whether it’s a leak is up to the mods but intentionally posting spoilers is a -Yoink- move and will get you banned.

Why? People want to know what happens to chief since he seems to be getting barely any treatment recently so why am I the bad one when 343 puts it in their own video.

Unnerving. Didn’t they accidentally expose the last page of the script of Halo4 just before it released? I hope it’s a mislead as a nod to that.

Two things really:

1: How the hell can you even read that?

2: This is the same “taking things out of context” pitfall that many others are doing. We don’t know everything going on and a small bit of information taken out of the large context can mean something entirely different. What if Locke is mislead or flat out wrong?

> 2551369610327339;10:
> Two things really:
>
> 1: How the hell can you even read that?
>
> 2: This is the same “taking things out of context” pitfall that many others are doing. We don’t know everything going on and a small bit of information taken out of the large context can mean something entirely different. What if Locke is mislead or flat out wrong?

1080p full screen on a large monitor. Also you could be right, in fact I hope so.

Here’s what I think…

Locke will eventually catch up to MC. After they argue about the fate of the galaxy and what not, they will fight. Things will simmer down, chief will explain whats going on and Locke will realize that he is a puppet to ONI. Locke will report back to ONI saying he found chief, Warden has killed him. Body unrecoverable, and that he will destroy the remains. ONI will release the news that MC has died on Meridian as well. With ONI not looking for chief, Blue team and Team Osiris will then team up and continue the pursuit of the guardians.

Thoughts?

> 2551369610327339;10:
> Two things really:
>
> 1: How the hell can you even read that?
>
> 2: This is the same “taking things out of context” pitfall that many others are doing. We don’t know everything going on and a small bit of information taken out of the large context can mean something entirely different. What if Locke is mislead or flat out wrong?

I hope you’re right.

The reason I believe this death report is a false one is this.

Chief, one of the biggest gaming icons, is not going to be killed by something. If he’s dying it’s going to be a sacrificial death.

> 2533274889769850;14:
> The reason I believe this _____ report is a false one is this.

Well done you just said it without the spoiler tag.

> 2701489597929026;12:
> Here’s what I think…
>
> Locke will eventually catch up to MC. After they argue about the fate of the galaxy and what not, they will fight. Things will simmer down, chief will explain whats going on and Locke will realize that he is a puppet to ONI. Locke will report back to ONI saying he found chief, Warden has killed him. Body unrecoverable, and that he will destroy the remains. ONI will release the news that MC has died on Meridian as well. With ONI not looking for chief, Blue team and Team Osiris will then team up and continue the pursuit of the guardians.
>
> Thoughts?

This is basically one of the theories I have thought since the Locke/Chief trailers earlier this year. The Locke trailer has inconsistencies (i.e the DMR/BR conflict and Chief not being present on his radar) because the scene is a lie he told ONI. Meanwhile, the Chief trailer shows Locke as an ally, because, well…he is John’s ally in the end. The theory that the Warden killing Chief is a lie told by Locke makes complete sense in context with the Locke trailer IMO

Someone posted this yesterday. I don’t think a mod locked it, I think the OP will be fine.

Note: Yesterday most people figured that the script page was shown in the vid on purpose, just to throw people off. They said this because this exact thing happened before the H4 release, on accident, and there’s no way they would do the exact same mistake twice. Especially knowing how every frame of every video that is released is scrutinized.

Reddit and neogaf discovered this over a day ago. It talks about locke turning off chiefs body and seeing his helmet smashed in the front, and chiefs leg bent in an impossible way, and states that he is in fact dead.

Most plausible Theories:

1. It’s 343 misleading us like oni likes to do.

2. Fred wore chiefs suit and sacrifices himself to give chief the appearance of being dead so he can escape.

3. It’s the Warden playing mind tricks on locke.

I can’t help but feel it isn’t a coincidence that this part of the script was shown and the A Hero Falls trailer was released all in pretty close proximity. The fact it comes up after a age of sheet music further raises my suspicions of it being a plant. They know people study every detail in their videos.

> 2533274803919079;18:
> Reddit and neogaf discovered this over a day ago. It talks about locke turning off chiefs body and seeing his helmet smashed in the front, and chiefs leg bent in an impossible way, and states that he is in fact dead.
>
> Most plausible Theories:
>
> 1. It’s 343 misleading us like oni likes to do.
>
> 2. Fred wore chiefs suit and sacrifices himself to give chief the appearance of being dead so he can escape.
>
> 3. It’s the Warden playing mind tricks on locke.

#storytwist 343 is ONI!!! dun dun duhhhhhhh. Other videos they decide to screen-out actual IP in the background from story to art that could lead to story, whatever. They for sure did it for a reason, people look over these videos and everything they are going to show off, not just through PR.