The Face of Master Chief

Not sure if this has been discussed before…but one day…if ever…when they show us the face of Master Chief…the full face…it should be the face of Steve Downes to pay tribute to the actor who voiced John for a generation.

I.

Love.

It.

It’s the only right answer

Honestly, I agree. If Master Chief ever has his face shown he should resemble Steve Downes. It’s really the only acceptable look in my opinion.

I agree 100%.

Any face they give Chief isn’t going to please everyone.
But going with Steve’s face would likely see the biggest acceptance from fans.

Well we had seen young john and kinda looks like downes so idk but yeah i wish they make him look like steve

Honestly, his face is perfect for Master Cheif.

Definitely not.
As much as I appreciate Steve Downes, you gotta remember that he’s been the VA only for the english versions of the games.
Outside of non-english countries most people don’t even know him and could get confused on why Chief’s pretty much established
face looks so different than in the glimpses we got.
Apart from that, on a subjective note, I just dislike mixing fictional stuff with real-world stuff. Kinda immersion-breaking to me.

I couldn’t agree more with you on this one fellow Spartan. I fully support this idea and plan. Maybe one day we’ll see John’s face, but it may not be until the finale game release?

Steve Downes has to be the face of master chief…. He deserves it!

Without the legendary Steve Downes, Master Chief would just simply not be the same, he deserves the face of Master Chief!

“You told me there wouldn’t be any cameras.”
“And you told me you were going to wear something nice!”

If anybody it should be him. I totally agree.

I agree with this. Steve Downes is an absolute legend and he deserves to be immortalized not only as the voice of humanities greatest hero, but the face as well.

This. Post. Right. Here. ONI. This. Deserves. An. Award.

Last weekend I was watching a bunch of Halo videos and the exact same thought came to my head. Personally, I think that Chief should remain faceless (excluding what they’ve already shown), but if they were to ever show his face again, I would be SO happy with it being Steve Downes’ face.

I dont think they can show his face. I think a subtle (and maybe Im reaching) theme is that You are the Chief. You are the Spartan that makes the choices to keep the marines alive, plant the grenade on the Wraith, shoot a rocket at the Banshee. Your face is under the helmet.

> 2533274886490718;8:
> Definitely not.
> As much as I appreciate Steve Downes, you gotta remember that he’s been the VA only for the english versions of the games.
> Outside of non-english countries most people don’t even know him and could get confused on why Chief’s pretty much established
> face looks so different than in the glimpses we got.
> Apart from that, on a subjective note, I just dislike mixing fictional stuff with real-world stuff. Kinda immersion-breaking to me.

When they translate movies, they don’t transpose the actors’ faces into that of the local culture and population so how would the game be any different?

> 2533274964086976;18:
> > 2533274886490718;8:
> > Definitely not.
> > As much as I appreciate Steve Downes, you gotta remember that he’s been the VA only for the english versions of the games.
> > Outside of non-english countries most people don’t even know him and could get confused on why Chief’s pretty much established
> > face looks so different than in the glimpses we got.
> > Apart from that, on a subjective note, I just dislike mixing fictional stuff with real-world stuff. Kinda immersion-breaking to me.
>
> When they translate movies, they don’t transpose the actors’ faces into that of the local culture and population so how would the game be any different?

It isn’t about “translating” the face, but the purpose behind it. Only the real hardcore fans know how Steve Downes does actually look.
While I admit that this would be a neat token of appreciation, I figure this would be a misguided one, since anyone
who never cared much about the face behind the voice of the english-speaking versions of Halo wouldn’t recognize him anyway
and thus wouldn’t be able to see the purpose of appreciation behind it.

This idea is nicely thought out, but not entirely thought through.

Could not agree more…