The Exploits of Breakout

Happy New Year everyone,

Its the year 2017 so that means some changes are sure to come soon within the following months. I believe such changes should be applied everywhere nessesary, but I think the gametype that needs it the most right now is Breakout. Breakout is a great gametype and is the most competitive and skill-based gametype in Halo history! That’s right, out of all the other Halo games, this gametype takes the cake. Now I’m sure you may be wondering: “Well they changed it to Breakout 2.0, what more do you want?” and I will tell you what I think would be healthy for the Breakout community. The problem I have is not they gametype itself, but maps themselves.

“Whats wrong with the maps?” You may be asking, well let me tell you. There’s 3 maps in particular in Breakouts list that don’t quite meet competitive standard in a certain way. Let me tell you what is wrong with each map:

Trident: There is a pocket you can jump to in the top middle of the map(near the Hydra) that can let you climb to the very top of the map to the point where you are safe from any boundaries and can snipe people with a pistol, carbine, etc. You can even grab the flag, climb to the top of the map and either Ground pound the capture point or stall and force a draw.

Gambol: So on this map you can actually get outside the map by using the ramp at spawn to jump, thrust, hover, Ghandihop and finally grapple a ledge that leads around a blue barrier that surrounds the map. If one were to do this that one person could hold a HUGE advantage by shooting other players from outside the map or run around the ledges to make sure the enemy team can’t cap a flag. You can also perform this exploit by having one of your team mates crouch near the wall and you just jump on top of them to get over the wall that surrounds the map.

Trench: Although this exploit is incredibly hard to do and provides very little advantage, I feel like it should still be addressed. When you spawn you will have a “DMR Nest” in front of you, once you are up there you can see a “pocket” that you can jump, thrust, hover and grapple onto and doing so gives you sight line across almost the entire map. However performing this is definatley not easy and can leave you open due to the lack of cover but if used right, it can win players more games then they should be.

So those are the “exploits” that have been found by me and some teammates. I admit, I too have done these a few times myself. Mostly to explore or to “hide” from people. However, I am very passionate about this gametype and I believe these exploits are taking the spirit away from the True Breakout that we all know and love. So please 343i do some light editing on your part to fix this problem in matchmaking because I and many other people love this gametype and wish for it to be played for years to come.

Here is an example: Halo 5 Guardians: Out Of Trident 2.0 - YouTube

Also, 343i on Trident you left a piece of “old Trident” sitting on top of the map that’s just sticking out. You can tell because it’s that orange color from the original map and it looks like someone just moved it there temporarily and ended up forgetting to delete it.

Here’s a tutorial by VTankV

https://youtu.be/4WKzmZr5gqA

So what do you guys think about this?

No one cares because the old Breakout was so much better. Sorry.

> 2763816199911720;4:
> No one cares because the old Breakout was so much better. Sorry.

Debatable. I did not like the “Twitch” shooter version myself.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

So anyone with something more intelligent to say?

Bump due to no replies

Really…? Come on guys.

They ruined break out for me in the update.

Gambol obviously needs a fix.

1. New breakout is garbage
  2. Where the hell did you get “twitch” from with the only good version of breakout? You’re really over thinking it if you even say the fast ttk is why.
  3. These exploits are something I’ve never seen and breakout used to be my favorite mode, so the occurances really aren’t common enough to warrant a fix nor would I say it hurts the experience.
    4.new breakout is still garbage

a tip I’d give is to not post bump as you’ll just get your thread locked and then you’ll have no one reply at all, but you’ll be lucky to get responses anyways cuz breakout isn’t a popular mode to start out with due to very little interest in it.

I have only experienced the trident exploit myself… and it definately needs to be fixed… agreed.
I havent experienced the others because I stopped playing breakout. The new version is very bad IMO… took away all the greatness from what we had at the start.
I can fully understand why everyone is so salty… its because 343 literally seem to be ignoring us on purpose.
clearly the majority feels like we should have the old breakout back… but they arent listening :frowning:
Personally, I enjoy a bit of a change, and new maps ( appart from the broken ones ) are really good… what isnt good is that there is no breakout anymore :frowning:

> 2535410782505976;5:
> > 2763816199911720;4:
> > No one cares because the old Breakout was so much better. Sorry.
>
> Debatable. I did not like the “Twitch” shooter version myself.

I cant see how shotguns helps reduce twitchy gameplay

> 2533274923562209;11:
> 1. New breakout is garbage
> 2. Where the hell did you get “twitch” from with the only good version of breakout? You’re really over thinking it if you even say the fast ttk is why.
> 3. These exploits are something I’ve never seen and breakout used to be my favorite mode, so the occurances really aren’t common enough to warrant a fix nor would I say it hurts the experience.
> 4.new breakout is still garbage
>
> a tip I’d give is to not post bump as you’ll just get your thread locked and then you’ll have no one reply at all, but you’ll be lucky to get responses anyways cuz breakout isn’t a popular mode to start out with due to very little interest in it.

Looks like you’re wrong. Thanks for the tip though, I’ll never need it.

> 2535460752631391;13:
> > 2535410782505976;5:
> > > 2763816199911720;4:
> > > No one cares because the old Breakout was so much better. Sorry.
> >
> > Debatable. I did not like the “Twitch” shooter version myself.
>
> I cant see how shotguns helps reduce twitchy gameplay

I just want the shot guns switched for SMGs. Everything else is fine.

> 2535410782505976;14:
> > 2533274923562209;11:
> > 1. New breakout is garbage
> > 2. Where the hell did you get “twitch” from with the only good version of breakout? You’re really over thinking it if you even say the fast ttk is why.
> > 3. These exploits are something I’ve never seen and breakout used to be my favorite mode, so the occurances really aren’t common enough to warrant a fix nor would I say it hurts the experience.
> > 4.new breakout is still garbage
> >
> > a tip I’d give is to not post bump as you’ll just get your thread locked and then you’ll have no one reply at all, but you’ll be lucky to get responses anyways cuz breakout isn’t a popular mode to start out with due to very little interest in it.
>
> Looks like you’re wrong.

So much thought out into that post. Care to elaborate cuz even I can say the simple “your wrong” and have no credibility.

> 2533274923562209;16:
> > 2535410782505976;14:
> > > 2533274923562209;11:
> > > 1. New breakout is garbage
> > > 2. Where the hell did you get “twitch” from with the only good version of breakout? You’re really over thinking it if you even say the fast ttk is why.
> > > 3. These exploits are something I’ve never seen and breakout used to be my favorite mode, so the occurances really aren’t common enough to warrant a fix nor would I say it hurts the experience.
> > > 4.new breakout is still garbage
> > >
> > > a tip I’d give is to not post bump as you’ll just get your thread locked and then you’ll have no one reply at all, but you’ll be lucky to get responses anyways cuz breakout isn’t a popular mode to start out with due to very little interest in it.
> >
> > Looks like you’re wrong.
>
> So much thought out into that post. Care to elaborate cuz even I can say the simple “your wrong” and have no credibility.

You stated that there would be no replies, I’ve gotten 2 since your last one. Hence why you were wrong. As for Breakout itself I feel like it is fine for now, just needs to remove shot guns and radar and put SMGs back in. I feel like the shields should stay because it makes Halo feel like Halo. Not having Shields makes it feel like every other COD game.

> 2535410782505976;17:
> > 2533274923562209;16:
> > > 2535410782505976;14:
> > > > 2533274923562209;11:
> > > > 1. New breakout is garbage
> > > > 2. Where the hell did you get “twitch” from with the only good version of breakout? You’re really over thinking it if you even say the fast ttk is why.
> > > > 3. These exploits are something I’ve never seen and breakout used to be my favorite mode, so the occurances really aren’t common enough to warrant a fix nor would I say it hurts the experience.
> > > > 4.new breakout is still garbage
> > > >
> > > > a tip I’d give is to not post bump as you’ll just get your thread locked and then you’ll have no one reply at all, but you’ll be lucky to get responses anyways cuz breakout isn’t a popular mode to start out with due to very little interest in it.
> > >
> > > Looks like you’re wrong.
> >
> > So much thought out into that post. Care to elaborate cuz even I can say the simple “your wrong” and have no credibility.
>
> You stated that there would be no replies, I’ve gotten 2 since your last one. Hence why you were wrong. As for Breakout itself I feel like it is fine for now, just needs to remove shot guns and radar and put SMGs back in. I feel like the shields should stay because it makes Halo feel like Halo. Not having Shields makes it feel like every other COD game.

I never said you won’t get replies, I said you’d be lucky to get them meaning I wouldn’t expect a lot of responses like the other threads get.

id love for the shotgun and radar to be removed, fixes much of the concerns people have but keeping the shields still hurts the point of what breakout was. Having no shields made your life matter since it’s an elimination mode, and having shields can let you get away with more aggressive style of play where as no shields could punish you if you got caught in the unfavorable position.

I knew you’d go on about the ttk being why it’s twitch like but fast ttk isn’t what defines twitch shooters, breakout isn’t a mode defined by reflexes but more of player positioning and map control. Even with no shields you’re not instantly killed off like you would be in CoD by a bullet hitting you in the toe, it takes 2 headshots with dmr/brs which is the equivalent of power weapons in that mode and the rest take up 3 excluding the automatics. The ttk is definitely lower, but not enough to be twitch like.

> 2535410782505976;15:
> > 2535460752631391;13:
> > > 2535410782505976;5:
> > > > 2763816199911720;4:
> > > > No one cares because the old Breakout was so much better. Sorry.
> > >
> > > Debatable. I did not like the “Twitch” shooter version myself.
> >
> > I cant see how shotguns helps reduce twitchy gameplay
>
> I just want the shot guns switched for SMGs. Everything else is fine.

I would play the mode again if they did that.

> 2535410782505976;17:
> > 2533274923562209;16:
> > > 2535410782505976;14:
> > > > 2533274923562209;11:
> > > > 1. New breakout is garbage
> > > > 2. Where the hell did you get “twitch” from with the only good version of breakout? You’re really over thinking it if you even say the fast ttk is why.
> > > > 3. These exploits are something I’ve never seen and breakout used to be my favorite mode, so the occurances really aren’t common enough to warrant a fix nor would I say it hurts the experience.
> > > > 4.new breakout is still garbage
> > > >
> > > > a tip I’d give is to not post bump as you’ll just get your thread locked and then you’ll have no one reply at all, but you’ll be lucky to get responses anyways cuz breakout isn’t a popular mode to start out with due to very little interest in it.
> > >
> > > :slight_smile:
> >
> > :slight_smile:
>
> As for Breakout itself I feel like it is fine for now, just needs to remove shot guns and radar and put SMGs back in. I feel like the shields should stay because it makes Halo feel like Halo. Not having Shields makes it feel like every other COD game.

I would definitely play if radar and shotguns went… I dont care about shields one way or the other but it is still incomparable with COD… play COD and then come back and tell me that the old breakout even had a slight whiff of COD… because it doesnt. ( IMO )