The EXP cap shouldn't apply to commendations.

I hit the EXP cap tonight right before I completed the monthly 117 wins challenge (worth about 20,000 EXP) and a 5000 EXP headshot challenge and a 1000 EXP pistol challenge and a few lesser challenges worth about 750 EXP each.

Does 343 want me to not play? Because I didn’t work through the game’s monthly challenge to get screwed over if I play more games. I only played for about 3 hours today, too (which is a small amount considering it’s an American national holiday).

343 needs to raise the daily credit cap as people increase their ranks AND 343 needs to make it so that EXP from commendations and challenges are rewarded even after a person hits the cap.

Let me tell you, 343. I think the game is great and that it’s fun, and that I’m not usually one to stop playing because of something like this. But nearly 30,000 EXP lost in 1-2 games is enough to make me wait it out.

DUDE. think of what the XP gains you…not too much. by rank 40 you should have pretty much all you need accept that one piece of lovely armor. if this is enough to make you not play then maybe its not the game for you.

When you hit your XP cap pretend its back in the good ol days when none of this mattered and we were playing “halo” without all the extras

Im surprised 343 is silent on this one considering how much of an uproar its causing.

> DUDE. think of what the XP gains you…not too much. by rank 40 you should have pretty much all you need accept that one piece of lovely armor. if this is enough to make you not play then maybe its not the game for you.
>
> When you hit your XP cap pretend its back in the good ol days when none of this mattered and we were playing “halo” without all the extras

I think I have enough that it should rank me up at least once. I don’t want armor, but the specializations give you new perks.

And there have been “extras” in the Halo series since Halo 2 with the 1-50 rank system.

Thats right, you get punished for enjoying your multiplayer experience. Get some brah, Ooo rah!

On another note, it makes me afraid to play after the I hit the cap. What if I’m not paying attention and accidentally finish a commendation worth alot of xp? Should I have to change my play style or prefered weapon to avoid this? Should I neglect getting being the gunner of the warthog so I don’t miss out on that 5k xp? Maybe I just won’t play Dominion today.

Its all very nerve wrecking.

The EXP Cap shouldn’t even be there, period.

I agree with this 100%. Just played a game that got both my Battle Rifle weapon master AND my Bullet in the Brain master. That’s 10,000 exp each, but guess what? My exp capped. Literally made me tell my friends I’m not playing anymore because of fear of missing more commendations of such propotions. Love sitting at a SR49 with nothing to do but waste time till tomorrow doing nothing. Guess this is the only legitimate reason for me to buy Black Ops 2…sigh…I didn’t want to…

Should not be there at all and you for sure should get the exp you have worked all day and week and month for. why even offer the challenges if its so easy to reach the cap. Also activate your double exp after you reach your cap you will still get the EXP.

> Im surprised 343 is silent on this one considering how much of an uproar its causing.

Seriously! The ranked rage was far less and they relented, why not raise the cap. Raise that junk to 500,000, FTW!!!

Ive lost more then 100K in commendations and challenges to the level cap since launch. Doesn’t help that 343 flat out LIED about the double xp situation and cost me over 50 double xp codes I had saved. They screwed up BIG TIME here and are too afraid to properly address the situation. I can GUARANTEE that the xp cap has pissed some people off enough to trade the game and move on. SHAKING MY -Yoink!- HEAD. A game of this magnitude should not have counter productive methods like this included.

I agree. XP cap is dumb. I don’t think I’m going to ever hit it, but I’d rather not even have the risk there.

The only reason it’s there currently is to stop boosters getting a lot of xp quickly, however once they hit the cap there’s nothing stopping said boosters to start boosting their commendations so that they’re close for their next xp boosting session.

It should be raised so that it’s at the point where it takes atleast 18-24 hours to hit the cap playing online MM, and change how the exp in Spartan Ops works (Make it so that a higher difficulty rewards more xp and lower less xp etc)

Do you think the XP cap will be removed eventually?
It’s really put a big a huge dent into my playing experience.

I started my day at SR43, my day ended at SR47 and I’m 5000 XP away from SR48.

This cap needs to go. Who cares what ranks people are seriously. There is really nothing beneficial about being high in SR.

There is no reason to keep playing this game after you hit the credit cap because you will get challenges and commendations done you didn’t know that were close to being completed and you will miss out on the REWARD for completing challenges and commendations

This game absolutely sucks. Why would you LIMIT players on this?? So they can keep playing this crap game till Halo 5?!

This game is Reach all over again

After getting about 30K in commendations including the monthly challenge and putting me almost half way through SR47, a few games later I notice I’m back an SR46 again and no longer earning exp. Not only did I lose that exp to the cap, the game lagged to rub in what I was losing.
The next day I earned back the exp and was then capped after playing for less than an hr

bump

Agree completely - got no XP for completing the monthly challenge - very frustrating