The Exotic Sniper Rifle in Halo 4

It should be a ‘bolt action.’

Why?

Because a bolt action is much more skill dependent and punishing than the current Sniper Rifle. The Longshot from Gears is the primary example. Miss that shot and you have to reload, during which your opponent is booking it out of there to escape or hunt you down. There’s no double tapping to make up for a sloppy kill.

Since doing a rewrite of the current Sniper Rifle to be a single shot is pretty much implausible the choice comes down to making the Beam/Focus Rifle equivalent in H4 a single shot.

As I think it should.

Single shot =/= “Bolt-action”

The staple Halo sniper IS single shot. It it just a semi-automatic rifle.

And the Longshot is an awful rifle given the time period/ setting of GoW.

What other characteristics would this single shot sniper rifle have? Why would anyone ever choose it over a normal Sniper Rifle?

halo is way in the future why would they have a single shot sniper, its kinda sad that they still use bullets not that I’m complaining though I love the gritty feel of UNSC tech

> What other characteristics would this single shot sniper rifle have? Why would anyone ever choose it over a normal Sniper Rifle?

Over the normal Sniper Rifle? They wouldn’t.

But a bolt-action type sniper rifle gives the developers another layer of control in adjusting multiplayer balance. Should the Sniper Rifle prove to be too overpowered, they can swap in this version.

It’s what Bungie tried to do with the Plasma Launcher, create a more balanced version of the SpLaser.

> Single shot =/= “Bolt-action”
>
> The staple Halo sniper IS single shot. It it just a semi-automatic rifle.
>
> And the Longshot is an awful rifle given the time period/ setting of GoW.

> > Single shot =/= “Bolt-action”
> >
> > The staple Halo sniper IS single shot. It it just a semi-automatic rifle.
> >
> > And the Longshot is an awful rifle given the time period/ setting of GoW.

Already edited the OP.

I prefer the Halo 1 sniper. It was harder to use.

4 shots per mag, semi auto sniper, 5x + 10x optical zoom ( 2x on CE ), one shot to the head, two to the body.

Has remained uncahnged in its role in every single Halo Game made by Bungie, I’d be dissapointed if 343 could only come up with the same thing again.

Could have a Gauss rifle, kind of a smaller version then the one on a Warthog and have it be similar to a bolt action for balance. Could have it be more devastating to light vehicles and infantry and have a higher penetration rate then the standard sniper.

> Could have a Gauss rifle, kind of a smaller version then the one on a Warthog and have it be similar to a bolt action for balance. Could have it be more devastating to light vehicles and infantry and have a higher penetration rate then the standard sniper.

i like, but rather an alien weapon, they need some help since the assist rifle came around

Its 500 years in the future and we still have bolt action sniper rifles

If it was up to me I would keep just one sniper with different scopes. In the meanwhile I still can’t stop hating the scope feature one miss click of the right stick ya kno? BF and Cod take it to the streets in the control scheme compared to Halo. It’s the number one reason why people say Halo is garbage. I hate to say it but the scope for Halo is dumb.

Fix the scope controller layout!!!

Bolt action rifle.

Does not compute.

> halo is way in the future why would they have a single shot sniper, its kinda sad that they still use bullets not that I’m complaining though I love the gritty feel of UNSC tech

Why do we still have pump action shotguns in 2552? :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as the AR goes, it’s probably the hugest step back in firearms I’ve ever seen.

That said, I’d prefer they keep things familiar.

from the pics ive seen the sniper in halo 4 would be awsome if it shoots laser like bullets and is rapid fire!

the sniper in halo 4 should be RAPID FIRE! but only if you choose like an atachment!

How about a bolt action sniper rifle that is a one shot kill. But it has to be reloaded after every shot and you also have to lead your target like CE.

> 4 shots per mag, semi auto sniper, 5x + 10x optical zoom ( 2x on CE ), one shot to the head, two to the body.
>
> Has remained uncahnged in its role in every single Halo Game made by Bungie, I’d be dissapointed if 343 could only come up with the same thing again.

I’m not asking that 343 change the current Sniper Rifle. Doing such a thing would like inspire rioting.

The UNSC weapon set is almost too sacriligeous to touch or change. Luckily the Covy, or Exotic, side of the equation isn’t. We can have new and different things that way.

> 2556
>
> Bolt action rifle.
>
> Does not compute.

It’s the year 2556 and they still use chemical propellents in their handheld kinetic weapons. Were are the gauss rifles or gauss smgs or gauss pistols? Or laser weaponry?