The Excession at Voi

Just another theory of mine.

So, I was flipping through Halo: Evolutions again today, and I read “From the Offic of Doctor William Arthur Iqbal,” which details the future of investigations at places such as the Portal (the Excession at Voi) and planets such as Heinan, Coral, and Reach (or what’s left of it).

In the letter, Iqbal tells his colleagues that the Portal is still active and drawing power from an unknown power source. It has numerous tunnel systems beneath it, which xenoarchaeologists currently have very limited access to. He also mentions that he has good reason to believe that the Excession was also capable of feats other than just opening portals.

All of this, combined with my suspicion that Evolutions was at least partially created with the future Halo 4 in mind, gives me good reason to believe that the Portal might play an interesting part in the upcoming games and/or media. Perhaps we’ll explore the tunnels underneath it, or see some of the other “feats” it may be capable of accomplishing?

What do you guys think?

I think it sort of links up with Thursday War’s mention that Onyx has portals to other planets, such as earth.

I only see the main games going back to it to use it as a short of bomb shelter against invasion, or perhaps didact-related stuff will use it to ‘beam in’ under the orbital defence grid.

Or perhaps 343 sees a way to quick travel from world to world , would make future games a lot more wide open as far as diversity of setting.

Harmless self-promotion here… :wink:

> Harmless self-promotion here… :wink:

That’s the sort of thing I’m talking about. The Portal was a very important installation, and I think it could hide a good amount of secrets.

Great story, by the way!

I agree, the portal will probably play a role in future games and such. Evolutions was definitely created with Halo 4 in mind, considering how that same story says that the Arbiter can’t guarantee that other factions of Sangheili won’t remain hostile.

> Just another theory of mine.
>
> So, I was flipping through Halo: Evolutions again today, and I read “From the Offic of Doctor William Arthur Iqbal,” which details the future of investigations at places such as the Portal (the Excession at Voi) and planets such as Heinan, Coral, and Reach (or what’s left of it).
>
> In the letter, Iqbal tells his colleagues that the Portal is still active and drawing power from an unknown power source. <mark>It has numerous tunnel systems beneath it, which xenoarchaeologists currently have very limited access to.</mark> He also mentions that he has good reason to believe that the Excession was also capable of feats other than just opening portals.
>
> All of this, combined with my suspicion that Evolutions was at least partially created with the future Halo 4 in mind, gives me good reason to believe that the Portal might play an interesting part in the upcoming games and/or media. Perhaps we’ll explore the tunnels underneath it, or see some of the other “feats” it may be capable of accomplishing?
>
> What do you guys think?

We know that there was a tunnel in the Legendary Ending of ODST. So there’s at least one that we, the players, know of.

Onyx had plenty of portals leading to different planets. I’m sure the Lesser Ark would have the ability to do the same thing.

I think the portal on Earth is part of a network of portals that connect to multiple other portals and planets. The Portal on Earth can go to many locations, not just the Lesser Ark, I’m willing to bet on it. Similar to a phone, it can call and connect to many other similar portals as they are all on the same network. In fact it makes sense, if anything I would say that the Portals spread across the galaxy can connect to any other portal, but only a small number of them can connect to the Arks, a security measure if you will. Using the phone analogy, every phone inside the galaxy can call each other, but only special phones can call out of that network to other phones. Does that make sense?

Well Doesn’t one of the books state that the librarian spend the last of her days at the portal at voi ? If you guys think that there are portals and tunnels beneath the exavation site couldn’t that mean that the librarian went true one of those portals to another planet ? Because 343 guilty spark stated that he knew were to find her ( so she is probally alive ) So 343 guilty spark will also go the the place were the librarian went to . Maybe there will be a little battle at the portal at voi in halo 5 or 6 and then they go true the portal and find the librarian and guilty spark.

These are just speculations I make ofcourse . But Wouldn’t that be cool ? Or is it just me…

> Because 343

Because Chakas.

I’m sorry didn’t read the books because i’m from belgium and they don’t have them in dutch so yeah… But for compensating I read all the wiki’s and forums . So I don’t really get the part with chakas .

> I’m sorry didn’t read the books because i’m from belgium and they don’t have them in dutch so yeah… But for compensating I read all the wiki’s and forums . So I don’t really get the part with chakas .

Long story short they found chakas (an ancient human in favor of bornstellar) who got transferred into an AI after sustaining damage. 343 guilty spark (and presumably the other monitors) are fragments of chakas. The team investigating him didn’t want to say they found another monitor so they dubbed him as one they already found which is why the end of the novel says “343 guilty spark”. The 11th hour reports follow up on the tentative findings of the group.

Your english is good enough or is it that you can’t understand to much in english book wise? If you read the forums than you are fine with the books.

Wait ALL the monitors are fragments of chakas ? Thanks I did not know that . I tought that 343 guilty spark was chakas . Well I can understand the forums and wiki’s but I’m afraid to buy a book because I may not be able to understand it because in a book the language is a little bit different I guess.

But I will buy one and see how it goes :slight_smile: Any book you think I should start with ?

And what do you you actually think about my theory I explained ? I’ts not so far fetched so it may happen no ?

> I’m sorry didn’t read the books because i’m from belgium and they don’t have them in dutch so yeah… But for compensating I read all the wiki’s and forums . So I don’t really get the part with chakas .

Well, either your English isn’t that bad or you use google translate to abide by the forum rules.

I will take that as a compliment because I don’t use google translator :slight_smile: I play video games since I was 6 years old ( starting with halo 1 ) I learned English that way and also from tv and stuff.

> I will take that as a compliment because I don’t use google translator :slight_smile: I play video games since I was 6 years old ( starting with halo 1 ) I learned English that way and also from tv and stuff.

Your English is good man, don’t worry bout it.

> You should start with the Fall of Reach.
>
> Great book!

Well I was thinking between fall of reach and the first book of the forruner trillogy( because halo 4 , 5 and 6 is mostly about the trilogy ). But yeah I allways wanted to know what happend to all the other spartans on reach so thx I will read it :slight_smile: