The Energy Sword is Far From Being OP

How come everyone complains about the Energy Sword being OP? The user is practically defenseless and is extremely vulnerable to projectile weapons. Because it’s only useful close-range it is not OP.

Then there are the people who argue that adding Speed Boosts to the Energy Sword is way too OP. How can this be if the user spends all of his/her REQs on it? Spending those REQ points on a Scorpion or Banshee would do just as much damage, perhaps even worse. If you gather a bunch of Spartans you could take down the Energy Sword user in a matter of seconds, it all comes down to how you and your team approaches it.

LIKE this if you agree with me.

I have yet to see or hear anyone say the Energy Sword is overpowered. According to this forum every other weapon is overpowered but not that one.

> 2533274815444731;2:
> I have yet to see or hear anyone say the Energy Sword is overpowered. According to this forum every other weapon is overpowered but not that one.

There was forum posted not too long ago that the Energy Sword was OP. It had over 100 replies and was featured as a most popular discussion.

It’s to easy to take down a energy sword user, even the special versions there’s no OP over here.

The only problem I have had with the energy sword in Halo 5 is that in Arena it gets old getting flayed over and over again. The shorter range radar and sprinting doesn’t give much chance to defend. Granted I haven’t acclimated but that’s where my only issues have been.

The energy sword was OP in Halo 3 and Reach and ridiculously OP in Halo 2. But now, it feels like a high risk, high-ish reward weapon. Sure, all you need is one swing to kill an enemy, but all the guns have been buffed to a point where If you’re more than 10 meters away from someone, they’ll cut you down with a BR or SMG before you can reach them, even if you zoom in for a more distant lunge (getting shot will just know you out of it anyway). Even if you get the kill, in most cases your shields will be completely drained and someone will shoot you in the head just before your shields begin to recharge. This applies to both Warzone and Arena.