The Enemy Won't Be Obvious

Frank has said on many occasions that the idea of Halo 4 is to be a return the mysteriousness that was presented in Halo CE.

Now, even though we think we may know who the enemy is (Precursors or Forerunner), I personally don’t think we do. Purely because the introduction of the Flood in CE was a big ‘WTF!’ moment, and no one saw it coming. So I’m convinced that we don’t have a clue who the enemy will be, mainly because it’ll just be a ‘I’ll told ya’ moment.

Also, Game Informer said that the enemy reveal will indeed be an ‘Holy Sh*t!’ moment, so it can’t be something we already have guessed at, right?

Just a thought!

The only group it could be is the Precursors. They are ancient, evil and have already threatened humanity if not the galaxy.

The Caveat.

> The Caveat.

That isn’t a species.

Who said it had to be?

Just to show my ignorance, as I’ve only read Cryptum (in terms of the Halo 4 referencing books); who/what is the Caveat?

> Who said it had to be?

It’s not anything that could be an enemy, it is merely a warning for the Besterium.

[deleted]

I still cast my vote for all mighty Cthu-ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

What if it’s ancient humanity?

> What if it’s ancient humanity?

You mean the people who no longer exist except in the geas of certain people?

> The Caveat.

facepluto

> > What if it’s ancient humanity?
>
> You mean the people who no longer exist except in the geas of certain people?

To our knowledge.

However regardless if the enemy is Precursor, Forerunner or Ancient Humanity they’re all way more powerful then Modern-Future Humanity and the Covenant are separate even if their number is lower.

Now a point must be noted here about the Forerunner. I believe we overestimate them.

Their Sentinels and Enforcers didn’t really impress me. And if their Combat Skins were so good then how was the Flood capable of overpowering them?

The Forerunner are powerful and likely have technology exceeding that of our previous enemies but they’re not gods. They’ve built some pretty massive things but what does that have to do with how they fight on the ground?

And since we don’t know their goals we can’t complain that they would just exterminate humanity in a day.

> > What if it’s ancient humanity?
>
> You mean the people who no longer exist except in the geas of certain people?

Or those on Installation 07…but that doesn’t really pan out given the plot of H4. Additionally it’d be another layer to what is ancient, especially in terms of tech if you’d wanna split it up like that but now I’m just kinda rambling.

As for enemies, I see different kinds of sentinels. If they follow the books (as Frank said) I wouldn’t be surprised to see them work in teams of 3 and even assemble to form a more powerful sentinel. Book it.

> > > What if it’s ancient humanity?
> >
> > You mean the people who no longer exist except in the geas of certain people?
>
> Or those on Installation 07…but that doesn’t really pan out given the plot of H4. Additionally it’d be another layer to what is ancient, especially in terms of tech if you’d wanna split it up like that but now I’m just kinda rambling.

Well, they are in Monitor form now and I doubt a swarm of Monitors would be a really good foe. It’d be funny at first…but after a few missions…all my rage.

> > > > What if it’s ancient humanity?
> > >
> > > You mean the people who no longer exist except in the geas of certain people?
> >
> > Or those on Installation 07…but that doesn’t really pan out given the plot of H4. Additionally it’d be another layer to what is ancient, especially in terms of tech if you’d wanna split it up like that but now I’m just kinda rambling.
>
> Well, they are in Monitor form now and I doubt a swarm of Monitors would be a really good foe. It’d be funny at first…but after a few missions…all my rage.

I always assumed some individuals didn’t have ancient spirits or had The Composer used on them to turn them into monitors. Has been awhile since I read Primodious, I remember Chakas becoming a record of ancient humanity with his giant finger holding all souls like Gamplar. :stuck_out_tongue: Guess I should brush up on it again

> > > > > What if it’s ancient humanity?
> > > >
> > > > You mean the people who no longer exist except in the geas of certain people?
> > >
> > > Or those on Installation 07…but that doesn’t really pan out given the plot of H4. Additionally it’d be another layer to what is ancient, especially in terms of tech if you’d wanna split it up like that but now I’m just kinda rambling.
> >
> > Well, they are in Monitor form now and I doubt a swarm of Monitors would be a really good foe. It’d be funny at first…but after a few missions…all my rage.
>
> I always assumed some individuals didn’t have ancient spirits or had The Composer used on them to turn them into monitors. Has been awhile since I read Primodious, <mark>I remember Chakas becoming a record of ancient humanity with his giant finger holding all souls like Gamplar. :P</mark> Guess I should brush up on it again

Wasn’t that an “ancient” human myth? He just became a Monitor to.

It’s obviously the Forerunners, as made clear by the OXM ad shown a while back that said John returns to fight ‘the creator the Halo rings.’ alongside the phrase ‘You and whose Forerunner army?’

And before people claim OXM has made mistakes in the past, those were minor. They wouldn’t make a mistake over something as enormous as this.

> It’s obviously the Forerunners, as made clear by the OXM ad shown a while back that said John returns to fight ‘the creator the Halo rings.’ alongside the phrase ‘You and whose Forerunner army?’
>
> And before people claim OXM has made mistakes in the past, those were minor. They wouldn’t make a mistake over something as enormous as this.

OXM did say Halo 4 was set in 2553. Not so now.