The end of the Halo 4 v.s. COD/BF debate~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovs2wz41eKE&feature=g-u-u

Thank god someone did this finally. To many of these idiotic debates between halo and cod appear on this forum. In this video i hope many will learn something about how game design works and stop trying to say halo 4 is ripping of call of duty or other shooters.

regardless of these facts people will still be complaining children about it however at this point they are just delusional and creating drama and trying to get attention. it seems to be a trend that haters love to drown in their own miserable threads arguing about something that is flawed at the core -.-

P.S. This is what Chad Arsmtrong, EX Bungie employee and now 343 industries employee has to say.

Haters gonna hate. 343 doesnt care if you dont want halo 4 to evolve. Yes they will listen TO A DEGREE and make minor tweaks to the game but they are never going to make it play like halo 1 2 and 3 with better graphics. You can ask frankie on neo gaf if u dont believe me lol

Other than that stick to the classic playlist in halo 4. Its really your only option if you cant stand the direction halo is headed.

Tis has nothing to do with Halo 4.

But I hate the argument between CoD and Halo and this vid is awesome.

EDIT: Ignore my first two posts.

Are you serious? This is all about how people are trying to make halo 4 seem like a cod ripoff. This video is a dissolvent of that issue therefore its halo 4 related. Stop trying to do the forum moderators job lol.

<mark>The title is misleading</mark>, and this can relate to all other Halo games.

Change the title.

> <mark>The title is misleading</mark>, and this can relate to all other Halo games.
>
> Change the title.

Odd how a thread title the end of the halo vs cod debate, in a forum where halo 4 vs cod debates happen every day, would be misleading LOL oh well i shouldnt be surprised =P

Yeah I know…

P.S. The Haters Gonna Hate jpeg made me lol

Edit: I’ll put the confusion behind me now, let’s just get to the topic at hand

Its fanboy rivalry that sums up the conflicts…any element of either in their games is considered bad.

Its kind of ironic, actually. Halo fans are complaining that the multiplayer is showing similaritied to cod while the cod fans are comparing bo2 to halo because of its futuristic setting.

I hope the whole complaining side of the Halo community sees this. Good thread OP.

> I hope the whole complaining side of the Halo community sees this. Good thread OP.

Thank you I really hope they all see this… but as I said hope for them to set aside their hate wont happen -.- they are nostalgia blind fans who use the “good feelings” they got from playing halo 1 2 and 3 to overwrite their logic and the FACT that classic halo gameplay is indeed dated / archaic.

Yes it was amazing but it just wouldnt hold up in this day and age. Halo 4 can still play like halo but it has to evolve or the franchise will die and only be played by the minority of fans who want it like halo 2 and 3 lol

> > I hope the whole complaining side of the Halo community sees this. Good thread OP.
>
> Thank you I really hope they all see this… but as I said hope for them to set aside their hate wont happen -.- they are nostalgia blind fans who use the “good feelings” they got from playing halo 1 2 and 3 to overwrite their logic and the FACT that classic halo gameplay is indeed dated / archaic.
>
> Yes it was amazing but it just wouldnt hold up in this day and age. Halo 4 can still play like halo but it has to evolve or the franchise will die and only be played by the minority of fans who want it like halo 2 and 3 lol

If I could thank more than once, I would be mashing my thank button lol

> Are you serious? This is all about how people are trying to make halo 4 seem like a cod ripoff.

Who’s saying that? All people are saying is that 343 are clearly taking aspects from modern shooters to try and entice fans towards Halo. Many of these features do not belong in Halo and they are sending us further away from when Halo was at its best.

If you can’t see that then something is blinding you.

> > Are you serious? This is all about how people are trying to make halo 4 seem like a cod ripoff.
>
> Who’s saying that? All people are saying is that 343 are clearly taking aspects from modern shooters to try and entice fans towards Halo. Many of these features do not belong in Halo and they are sending us further away from when Halo was at its best.
>
> If you can’t see that then something is blinding you.

Yeah but Halo needs to evolve otherwise it will die out. Do you want to see Halo die?

P.S. I like the sound of these changes. Change is not always bad.

Ironic because the first one is called Combat Evolved and people are scared of evolution.

> > Are you serious? This is all about how people are trying to make halo 4 seem like a cod ripoff.
>
> Who’s saying that? All people are saying is that 343 are clearly taking aspects from modern shooters to try and entice fans towards Halo. Many of these features do not belong in Halo and they are sending us further away from when Halo was at its best.
>
> If you can’t see that then something is blinding you.

Ironic you say i am blind… when you yourself have NO IDEA how these ideas will be implemented. To sit there and say these features CANNOT work in halo makes you a delusional close minded person. Seriously you dont work at 343 and you dont know if these features can make halo 4 the best halo yet.

Wait till the game comes out and back up your statements instead of saying the same old generic

“THESE THINGS DONT BELONG IN HALO BECAUSE IT DOESNT FEEL LIKE HALO!” that all the other haters are saying. Thats not constructive and there is no foundation to back up that claim other than your own nostalgia blinded views as well as your “knowledge” of how similar features work in cod lmao

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > > Are you serious? This is all about how people are trying to make halo 4 seem like a cod ripoff.
> >
> > Who’s saying that? All people are saying is that 343 are clearly taking aspects from modern shooters to try and entice fans towards Halo. Many of these features do not belong in Halo and they are sending us further away from when Halo was at its best.
> >
> > If you can’t see that then something is blinding you.
>
> Yeah but Halo needs to evolve otherwise it will die out. Do you want to see Halo die?
>
>
> P.S. I like the sound of these changes. Change is not always bad.
>
>
> Ironic because the first one is called Combat Evolved and people are scared of evolution.

Copying ideas that have already been done 100 times over is not very good evolving. It’s like a Gyradods evolving into a Magikarp.

> Ironic you say i am blind… when you yourself have NO IDEA how these ideas will be implemented. To sit there and say these features CANNOT work in halo makes you a delusional close minded person. Seriously you dont work at 343 and you dont know if these features can make halo 4 the best halo yet.
>
> Wait till the game comes out and back up your statements instead of saying the same old generic
>
> “THESE THINGS DONT BELONG IN HALO BECAUSE IT DOESNT FEEL LIKE HALO!” that all the other haters are saying. Thats not constructive and there is no foundation to back up that claim other than your own nostalgia blinded views as well as your “knowledge” of how similar features work in cod lmao

Ok lets twiddle our thumbs until the game comes out, not say anything and then when the game comes out we can all realise it’s awful, can’t wait until I waste my money on a bad game.

You also obviously don’t know the meaning of ironic but I wouldn’t worry about that until you start your education.

> > I hope the whole complaining side of the Halo community sees this. Good thread OP.
>
> Thank you I really hope they all see this… but as I said hope for them to set aside their hate wont happen -.- they are nostalgia blind fans who use the “good feelings” they got from playing halo 1 2 and 3 to overwrite their logic and the FACT that classic halo gameplay is indeed dated / archaic.
>
> Yes it was amazing but it just wouldnt hold up in this day and age. Halo 4 can still play like halo but it has to evolve or the franchise will die and only be played by the minority of fans who want it like halo 2 and 3 lol

I couldn’t have put it better myself, Halo 4 is looking great and new, and i’m sure it will succeed bringing back a lot of old MLG players who abandoned Reach. The game looks amazing and those who decide not to play it because it is not a carbon copy of the past are just foolish and missing out on a lot, almost if not everything will be better in Halo 4 and it will put Halo back on top again.

P.S. I’m really looking forward to Halo 4 machinima.

> > Are you serious? This is all about how people are trying to make halo 4 seem like a cod ripoff.
>
> Who’s saying that? All people are saying is that 343 are clearly taking aspects from modern shooters to try and entice fans towards Halo. Many of these features do not belong in Halo and they are sending us further away from when Halo was at its best.
>
> If you can’t see that then something is blinding you.

Dude, every day i see atleast 5 “halo is ripping off cod!” Remarks. A lot of it does specify certain elements, but quite a bit of it was simple blind attacks.

People have the right to state their opinions, thats how threads work, but i agree with OP that the uneducated remarks are getting quite old

I’m so glad someone did a video explaining how games take similar ideas from each other. Just because they follow this trend does not mean they are ripping off from other games, it just simply means they are gathering features that work from other games and making them better in their game.

Ex: A good example would be the weapon and armor skins. People LOVE unlocking items based on how well they do in a game. They love that incentive to keep on unlocking new, awesome items that they can use to further customize their avatar to fit their personality. That feature in CoD was a huge reason as to why so many players play that game. It is simple to play but yet you are constantly unlocking new items, new weapons, new skins, new killstreaks, etc.

Great video OP. I just hope the more misinformed members will be able to finally understand the process of taking ideas from other games. We can only hope.

> do not belong in Halo .

According to what?

OT: Great video, thanks for that OP.

>

Irony:The expression of one’s meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite.

You accusing me to be blind when in fact its the opposite and the things i am saying are right where as what YOU Are saying is blind therefore its ironic.

Example, you say halo 4 is a rippoff game that will fail. Yet you have no proof to back it up other than speculation, guesses and assumptions. Therefore you are blind.

Your sitting here basically confirming that the game will be bad when YOU HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING HOW THE FEATURES WILL WORK IN HALO 4! My god how can you sit there and be this arrogant? btw when you start making personal attacks about someone, you lost he argument.

Actually learn how to debate / argue instead of resorting to 8th grade tactics k?

> Tis has nothing to do with Halo 4.
>
> But I hate the argument between CoD and Halo and this vid is awesome.
>
>
> EDIT: <mark>Ignore my first two posts</mark>.

why?