The end of anniversary throw back.

Unfortunately the newly anniversary throw back has ended. I really enjoyed that playlist. It was super fun to play, bringing back may good memories from Halo Combat evolved. Hopefully they bring it back and maintaining it as permanent addition to halo 5. As well as maintaining Super Fiesta.

Nothing of value was missed it was just h5 with CE pistol. Didn’t even bother to change any settings to make it feel like CE. It takes 2 minutes max to change base speed and turn off sprint ground pound and Spartan charge

It was definitely a fun diversion that brought back a lot of good memories and some phantom elbows. Hopefully it’ll come back around at some point.

> 2535423926513264;2:
> Nothing of value was missed it was just h5 with CE pistol. Didn’t even bother to change any settings to make it feel like CE. It takes 2 minutes max to change base speed and turn off sprint ground pound and Spartan charge

Agreed. I played it a few times, but it just felt like Halo 5. They should make a true throwback playlist and just put those forge maps in the team slayer playlist.

EDIT to be clear, I mean put the Anniversary throw back maps into the Team slayer playlist.

> 2533274815533909;4:
> > 2535423926513264;2:
> > Nothing of value was missed it was just h5 with CE pistol. Didn’t even bother to change any settings to make it feel like CE. It takes 2 minutes max to change base speed and turn off sprint ground pound and Spartan charge
>
> Agreed. I played it a few times, but it just felt like Halo 5. They should make a true throwback playlist and just put those forge maps in the team slayer playlist.

It was good because the maps were actually good unlike 80% of Halo 5’s, and despite the settings, had a nice casual feel to it.

> 2533274837720524;5:
> > 2533274815533909;4:
> > > 2535423926513264;2:
> > > Nothing of value was missed it was just h5 with CE pistol. Didn’t even bother to change any settings to make it feel like CE. It takes 2 minutes max to change base speed and turn off sprint ground pound and Spartan charge
> >
> > Agreed. I played it a few times, but it just felt like Halo 5. They should make a true throwback playlist and just put those forge maps in the team slayer playlist.
>
> It was good because the maps were actually good unlike 80% of Halo 5’s, and despite the settings, had a nice casual feel to it.

Exactly that. The halo CE maps had this natural feeling to them. Not like most of this halo 5 maps.

> 2533274837720524;5:
> > 2533274815533909;4:
> > > Nothing of value was missed it was just h5 with CE pistol. Didn’t even bother to change any settings to make it feel like CE. It takes 2 minutes max to change base speed and turn off sprint ground pound and Spartan charge
> >
> > Agreed. I played it a few times, but it just felt like Halo 5. They should make a true throwback playlist and just put those forge maps in the team slayer playlist.
>
> It was good because the maps were actually good unlike 80% of Halo 5’s, and despite the settings, had a nice casual feel to it.

I must’ve played a different playlist than you. I had tryhards everywhere. Only game I didn’t get curb-stomped was a CTF on Battle Creek that we won.

> 2535423926513264;2:
> Nothing of value was missed it was just h5 with CE pistol. Didn’t even bother to change any settings to make it feel like CE. It takes 2 minutes max to change base speed and turn off sprint ground pound and Spartan charge

Didn’t you see this? It’s technically impossible./sarcasm

**ske7ch: “**I know there are a lot of folks who definitely want a ‘classic’ gameplay experience (i.e. stripped down minus new stuff like sprinting, clamber, etc…) but I’m not sure if any such plans are in the works (or if it’s technically even possible).”

It’s just so strange to me… Does ske7ch even know about Custom Games, or is this denial?

> 2533274810001991;8:
> > 2535423926513264;2:
> > Nothing of value was missed it was just h5 with CE pistol. Didn’t even bother to change any settings to make it feel like CE. It takes 2 minutes max to change base speed and turn off sprint ground pound and Spartan charge
>
> Didn’t you see this? It’s technically impossible./sarcasm
>
> **ske7ch: “**I know there are a lot of folks who definitely want a ‘classic’ gameplay experience (i.e. stripped down minus new stuff like sprinting, clamber, etc…) but I’m not sure if any such plans are in the works (or if it’s technically even possible).”
>
> It’s just so strange to me… Does ske7ch even know about Custom Games, or is this denial?

ske7ch is only just getting up to speed with everything Halo, there’s been quite a bit for him to take in over the past few weeks after his hiatus for the Halo universe. There was later clarification on this, can’t remember if it was on the forums or if it was something he tweeted

> 2533274912984822;7:
> > 2533274837720524;5:
> > > 2533274815533909;4:
> > > > 2535423926513264;2:
> > > > Nothing of value was missed it was just h5 with CE pistol. Didn’t even bother to change any settings to make it feel like CE. It takes 2 minutes max to change base speed and turn off sprint ground pound and Spartan charge
> > >
> > > Agreed. I played it a few times, but it just felt like Halo 5. They should make a true throwback playlist and just put those forge maps in the team slayer playlist.
> >
> > It was good because the maps were actually good unlike 80% of Halo 5’s, and despite the settings, had a nice casual feel to it.
>
> I must’ve played a different playlist than you. I had tryhards everywhere. Only game I didn’t get curb-stomped was a CTF on Battle Creek that we won.

Must have, because I barely saw that. You must have picked the “sweaty version” on accident. My experiences on Battle Creek were quite opposite as well, that map and I did not agree.

> 2533274810001991;8:
> > 2535423926513264;2:
>
> Didn’t you see this? It’s technically impossible./sarcasm
>
> **ske7ch: “**I know there are a lot of folks who definitely want a ‘classic’ gameplay experience (i.e. stripped down minus new stuff like sprinting, clamber, etc…) but I’m not sure if any such plans are in the works (or if it’s technically even possible).”
>
> It’s just so strange to me… Does ske7ch even know about Custom Games, or is this denial?

Ok I challenge you to create a perfect recreation of Halo 2s slayer in Halo 5, I expect dual wielding and everything.

> 2533274837720524;10:
> > 2533274912984822;7:
> > > 2533274837720524;5:
> > > > 2533274815533909;4:
> > > > > 2535423926513264;2:
> > > > > Nothing of value was missed it was just h5 with CE pistol. Didn’t even bother to change any settings to make it feel like CE. It takes 2 minutes max to change base speed and turn off sprint ground pound and Spartan charge
> > > >
> > > > Agreed. I played it a few times, but it just felt like Halo 5. They should make a true throwback playlist and just put those forge maps in the team slayer playlist.
> > >
> > > It was good because the maps were actually good unlike 80% of Halo 5’s, and despite the settings, had a nice casual feel to it.
> >
> > I must’ve played a different playlist than you. I had tryhards everywhere. Only game I didn’t get curb-stomped was a CTF on Battle Creek that we won.
>
> Must have, because I barely saw that. You must have picked the “sweaty version” on accident. My experiences on Battle Creek were quite opposite as well, that map and I did not agree.

Lol I guess so. I can assure you that isn’t what I wanted!

> 2533274844984484;11:
> > 2533274810001991;8:
> >
> > Didn’t you see this? It’s technically impossible./sarcasm
> >
> > **ske7ch: “**I know there are a lot of folks who definitely want a ‘classic’ gameplay experience (i.e. stripped down minus new stuff like sprinting, clamber, etc…) but I’m not sure if any such plans are in the works (or if it’s technically even possible).”
> >
> > It’s just so strange to me… Does ske7ch even know about Custom Games, or is this denial?
>
> Ok I challenge you to create a perfect recreation of Halo 2s slayer in Halo 5, I expect dual wielding and everything.

Well it was meant to be based on Halo CE, hence the CE Magnum and the Halo CE maps.

I do have a pretty good Halo CE gametype myself…

Also, dual-weilding was garbage, it hurt the games more than it helped them.

> 2533274810001991;13:
> > 2533274844984484;11:
> > > 2533274810001991;8:
> > > > 2535423926513264;2:
> > > > Nothing of value was missed it was just h5 with CE pistol. Didn’t even bother to change any settings to make it feel like CE. It takes 2 minutes max to change base speed and turn off sprint ground pound and Spartan charge
> > >
> > > Didn’t you see this? It’s technically impossible./sarcasm
> > >
> > > **ske7ch: “**I know there are a lot of folks who definitely want a ‘classic’ gameplay experience (i.e. stripped down minus new stuff like sprinting, clamber, etc…) but I’m not sure if any such plans are in the works (or if it’s technically even possible).”
> > >
> > > It’s just so strange to me… Does ske7ch even know about Custom Games, or is this denial?
> >
> > Ok I challenge you to create a perfect recreation of Halo 2s slayer in Halo 5, I expect dual wielding and everything.
>
> Well it was meant to be based on Halo CE, hence the CE Magnum and the Halo CE maps.
>
> I do have a pretty good Halo CE gametype myself…
>
> Also, dual-weilding was garbage, it hurt the games more than it helped them.

My point is there are things about older games that can not be recreated.
Totally agree about dual wielding though.

> 2533274813317074;9:
> > 2533274810001991;8:
> >
> >
> > **ske7ch: “**I know there are a lot of folks who definitely want a ‘classic’ gameplay experience (i.e. stripped down minus new stuff like sprinting, clamber, etc…) but I’m not sure if any such plans are in the works (or if it’s technically even possible).”
> >
> > It’s just so strange to me… Does ske7ch even know about Custom Games, or is this denial?
>
> ske7ch is only just getting up to speed with everything Halo, there’s been quite a bit for him to take in over the past few weeks after his hiatus for the Halo universe. There was later clarification on this, can’t remember if it was on the forums or if it was something he tweeted

That’s fair, but Custom Games isn’t exactly a new development.

> 2533274844984484;14:
> > 2533274810001991;13:
> > > 2533274844984484;11:
> > > > 2533274810001991;8:
> > > > > 2535423926513264;2:
> > > > > Nothing of value was missed it was just h5 with CE pistol. Didn’t even bother to change any settings to make it feel like CE. It takes 2 minutes max to change base speed and turn off sprint ground pound and Spartan charge
> > > >
> > > > Didn’t you see this? It’s technically impossible./sarcasm
> > > >
> > > > **ske7ch: “**I know there are a lot of folks who definitely want a ‘classic’ gameplay experience (i.e. stripped down minus new stuff like sprinting, clamber, etc…) but I’m not sure if any such plans are in the works (or if it’s technically even possible).”
> > > >
> > > > It’s just so strange to me… Does ske7ch even know about Custom Games, or is this denial?
> > >
> > > …
> >
> > …
>
> My point is there are things about older games that can not be recreated.
> Totally agree about dual wielding though.

There always will be, but that shouldn’t stop them from leveraging the tools they have (we all have actually) to make the experience all the more authentic.

I think it’s more that 343 are trying to make all of the facets of the Halo experience more in tune with each other, such an approach makes sense.

I’m fully aware that you can’t please everybody, I just think they would have made a lot of people happy if they’d tried using settings that are a lot closer to those of CE. It certainly wouldn’t have hurt to try.

> 2533274844984484;11:
> > 2533274810001991;8:
> >
> >
> >
>
> Ok I challenge you to create a perfect recreation of Halo 2s slayer in Halo 5, I expect dual wielding and everything.

dude its ce throwback thing H2 has nothing to do with this,

also the throwback playlist was very disappointing i played like 2 games, never played it again