The Effective Solution to Betrayals & Kicks

I’ve been hesitant to post my idea on the forum for some while now. But now, I feel it’s time to share this idea with you guys. This method that I have thought of will significantly <mark>reduce</mark> people kicking each other after being betrayed, however this method solely depends on the fellow teammate victim’s honor and good will.

I believe this method is much better than the “system” calculating the chance of you getting the ‘boot.’ We’ve seen how this miserly failed in Reach. So without further ado, here’s my method:

We will label Player A as the betrayer and Player B as the victim.
After Player A betrays Player B, Player B will then get a death cam of him getting betrayed by the fellow teammate (1st person view of teammate who betrayed him). Player B there can see how he was betrayed, whether it was by a deliberate attempt or honest accident. Afterwards, Player B will then be prompted with two options; to briefly replay once more, or to kick/forgive his fellow comrade.

What do you guys think?

Goox idea actually.

It seems like a good idea to find out whether someone was betrayed on purpose but there is one problem. Some people just don’t care and will always boot no matter what happens. Unfortunately, a large percent of people(from what I see) do just that. I do like the idea though because it sometimes is hard to tell whether you were betrayed on purpose.

I’m for it, but will not solve the betrayals that don’t count. Like when a teammate knows you are badly hurt by an opponent and decides to finish you off him/herself.

I don’t want to be a party pooper, but someone might still boot the purpos either way just to get a laugh out of it as immature as it is :I

I like it, I’ve been booted so many times for accidents.

most people know it is accidental but are complete -Yoink- holes and do it anyway.

> I’m for it, but will not solve the betrayals that don’t count. Like when a teammate knows you are badly hurt by an opponent and decides to finish you off him/herself.

Well that’s been apart of Halo since the beginning (which surprised me, quite honestly). This method isn’t targeting that issue, but rather betrayals in general.

but what happens if for example take the sniper and some one else wants it so they betray u in a way it looks like an accident, then u have no idea wether its on purpose or by accident

> I don’t want to be a party pooper, but someone might still boot the purpos either way just to get a laugh out of it as immature as it is :I

Well yes, but this pertains to any system where the option to boot is given to the victim.

How would this prevent trolls who kick people just for fun?
Also, the killcam will obviously be in the game, so since Player B is deciding whether to boot the player, that would mean they would be a player down, another enquiry to be made?

Your idea is good for decent human beings, apart from the fact of being a man down, but the most indecent people, or people who are just angry because they maybe having a poor game may kick the guy, but since no betrayal system could fix that I would say stick with the one we’ve got, as it doesn’t hinder those who are not directly affected by what happened between Player A and Player B.

> but what happens if for example take the sniper and some one else wants it so they betray u in a way it looks like an accident, then u have no idea wether its on purpose or by accident

There isn’t a way being greedy would be perceived as an accident.

So getting betrayed hasn’t hurt your team enough? You are going to sit there and watch replays for 30 seconds?

Anyway this does not seem technically feasible.

> How would this prevent trolls who kick people just for fun?
> Also, the killcam will obviously be in the game, so since Player B is deciding whether to boot the player, that would mean they would be a player down, another enquiry to be made?
>
> Your idea is good for decent human beings, apart from the fact of being a man down, but the most indecent people, or people who are just angry because they maybe having a poor game may kick the guy, but since no betrayal system could fix that I would say stick with the one we’ve got, as it doesn’t hinder those who are not directly affected by what happened between Player A and Player B.

Yes, but this system is for people with good intent. In ANY system where the other player is given the option to boot (and is a troll) will do it anyway. But this will reduce people getting kicked. Not everyone is a troll, thank god.

> most people know it is accidental but are complete -Yoink!- holes and do it anyway.

They just love the power of that trolling aspect. Delete someone from the game with a touch of a button. God powerz.

@BlackFlamer
Well then that is fine, I’m for it.

> most people know it is accidental but are complete -Yoink!- holes and do it anyway.

Yeah, I agree. And sometimes even with this idea an accident may look on purpose but who knows. I do like this idea better though.

> > How would this prevent trolls who kick people just for fun?
> > Also, the killcam will obviously be in the game, so since Player B is deciding whether to boot the player, that would mean they would be a player down, another enquiry to be made?
> >
> > Your idea is good for decent human beings, apart from the fact of being a man down, but the most indecent people, or people who are just angry because they maybe having a poor game may kick the guy, but since no betrayal system could fix that I would say stick with the one we’ve got, as it doesn’t hinder those who are not directly affected by what happened between Player A and Player B.
>
> Yes, but this system is for people with good intent. In ANY system where the other player is given the option to boot (and is a troll) will do it anyway. But this will reduce people getting kicked. Not everyone is a troll, thank god.

I understand it will fix people who get booted for accidental reasons, but my other point still stands, watching replay and taking time to judge if the person was betrayed would surely hinder your time even more. Yes the system maybe fairer but in the end the opposite team would get even more of an advantage.

The system we have now is OK, yes we may get kicked sometimes for bad reasons but overall its just more simple and doesn’t disrupt the flow of the game.

> > > How would this prevent trolls who kick people just for fun?
> > > Also, the killcam will obviously be in the game, so since Player B is deciding whether to boot the player, that would mean they would be a player down, another enquiry to be made?
> > >
> > > Your idea is good for decent human beings, apart from the fact of being a man down, but the most indecent people, or people who are just angry because they maybe having a poor game may kick the guy, but since no betrayal system could fix that I would say stick with the one we’ve got, as it doesn’t hinder those who are not directly affected by what happened between Player A and Player B.
> >
> > Yes, but this system is for people with good intent. In ANY system where the other player is given the option to boot (and is a troll) will do it anyway. But this will reduce people getting kicked. Not everyone is a troll, thank god.
>
> I understand it will fix people who get booted for accidental reasons, but my other point still stands, watching replay and taking time to judge if the person was betrayed would surely hinder your time even more. Yes the system maybe fairer but in the end the opposite team would get even more of an advantage.
>
> The system we have now is OK, yes we may get kicked sometimes for bad reasons but overall its just more simple and doesn’t disrupt the flow of the game.

Well from what I’ve seen in Reach, all people do is boot others because they feel more superior than other players. This system wouldn’t take much time away from the game, maybe 15 seconds at most. And wouldn’t the game be much more disrupted if a teammate is booted from the game on purpose?

> > > How would this prevent trolls who kick people just for fun?
> > > Also, the killcam will obviously be in the game, so since Player B is deciding whether to boot the player, that would mean they would be a player down, another enquiry to be made?
> > >
> > > Your idea is good for decent human beings, apart from the fact of being a man down, but the most indecent people, or people who are just angry because they maybe having a poor game may kick the guy, but since no betrayal system could fix that I would say stick with the one we’ve got, as it doesn’t hinder those who are not directly affected by what happened between Player A and Player B.
> >
> > Yes, but this system is for people with good intent. In ANY system where the other player is given the option to boot (and is a troll) will do it anyway. But this will reduce people getting kicked. Not everyone is a troll, thank god.
>
> I understand it will fix people who get booted for accidental reasons, but my other point still stands, watching replay and taking time to judge if the person was betrayed would surely hinder your time even more. Yes the system maybe fairer but in the end the opposite team would get even more of an advantage.
>
> The system we have now is OK, yes we may get kicked sometimes for bad reasons but overall its just more simple and doesn’t disrupt the flow of the game.

I assume that it wouldn’t take that long to take a peek. Also, there should be limited time on cam. One extra look should be sufficient enough, as it’s better than none. It wont be hard to tell looking from betrayer’s perspective.

> Well from what I’ve seen in Reach, all people do is boot others because they feel more superior than other players. This system wouldn’t take much time away from the game, maybe 15 seconds at most. And wouldn’t the game be much more disrupted if a teammate is booted from the game on purpose?

1. So how do you propose that the same thing wouldn’t happen with your system.

2. 15 seconds is a considerably amount in a 4v4 game. Maybe less in BTB, but it still leaves you with less players playing at the time.

3. I always forgive my teammates if I’m not sure whether to kick or not. Essentially, in any of the betrayal systems, it comes down to how decent of a a person you are, this means even with a more thorough look people are still gonna get kicked out, the system we have now just seems more simple and so, believe it or not, has less flaws.