The DxDiag info for refresh rates caps at 60 Hz *

As you can see in these screen shots

my main monitor that has a refresh rate of 120hz is only detected on the website as having a 60hz refresh rate. Is this intentional? Or is this just a bug that will be fixed?

Edit: So it seems that the diagnostic info listed on the website when you click it shows your native res and refresh rate, which doesn’t always match your monitor’s max refresh rate or resolution.

My monitor is reading correct, have your drivers been installed properly?

EDIT: Also make sure in your display properties that the monitor is currently set to that refresh rate.

Same thing here, 144Hz monitor OC’d to 165Hz, and it’s actually my DX Diag that reads incorrectly. I’m curious if editing the DXDiag would be a disqualifier or something, but if it provides false information in the first place… I’m not sure how reliable DX Diag actually is. At least as far as display panel information is concerned.

> 2533274896918008;2:
> My monitor is reading correct, have your drivers been installed properly?
> Imgur: The magic of the Internet
>
> EDIT: Also make sure in your display properties that the monitor is currently set to that refresh rate.

OP is saying that the dxdiag dump looks to be parsed incorrectly (or showing incorrectly in the UI) in the flight settings.

I get the same thing. Dxdiag is correctly reporting 120Hz for my main monitor.

If it is indeed a parsing error, I’m hoping that they (343) have kept the raw txt files and can thusly re-parse them en batch.

> 2533274896918008;2:
>
> EDIT: Also make sure in your display properties that the monitor is currently set to that refresh rate.

It shows up fine in DXDiag, but if you click “View collected information” on the page you upload the text file to it shows up as 60 hz max.

I got a 144 hz monitor (OCd to 165 hz) and the native mode is about 60 hz while the current mode is at 165 hz on the DXdiag.

> 2533274896918008;2:
>

Read your results as they are on Insider, also open your “DxDiag.txt” file, there’s a section on monitors, under “Display Devices”, this is where “Insider” is sourcing their demographic data, mine looks like this, monitor bits at the bottom. To my knowledge my monitor is updated, my graphics card is updated, and DX Diag shows it as 165Hz under the Display tab. But the “native refresh rate” data is incorrect. Dunno what to suggest other than maybe require a poll or something

> ---------------
> Display Devices
> ---------------
> Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
> Manufacturer: NVIDIA
> Chip type: GeForce RTX 2080
> DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
> Device Type: Full Device (POST)
> Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1E87&SUBSYS_865F1043&REV_A1
> Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]Device Problem Code: No Problem
> Driver Problem Code: Unknown
> Display Memory: 16165 MB
> Dedicated Memory: 8010 MB
> Shared Memory: 8155 MB
> _Current Mode: 2560 x 1440 (32 bit) (165Hz)_HDR Support: Not Supported
> Display Topology: Internal
> Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
> Color Primaries: Red(0.639648,0.330078), Green(0.299805,0.599609), Blue(0.150391,0.059570), White Point(0.312500,0.329102)
> Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000
> Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
> Monitor Model: ROG PG278QR
> Monitor Id: AUS27B1
> _Native Mode: 2560 x 1440(p) (59.951Hz)_Output Type: Displayport External
> Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported
> Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
> Advanced Color: Not Supported

> 2533274826358345;5:
> > 2533274896918008;2:
> > My monitor is reading correct, have your drivers been installed properly?
> > Imgur: The magic of the Internet
> >
> > EDIT: Also make sure in your display properties that the monitor is currently set to that refresh rate.
>
> It shows up fine in DXDiag, but if you click “View collected information” on the page you upload the text file to it shows up as 60 hz max.

The DxDiag contains information on both the current (144hz) and native settings (60Hz) of the monitor, but not sure why the native settings show up as 60Hz since not accurate. Halo waypoint is collecting this native info in the summary since they care about your monitor capabilities rather than what you are currently setting it as.

I have a 240Hz and 100Hz ultrawide monitor and my DxDiag file was showing at 60Hz native also… might cause some issues for Microsoft when checking the data for insider canidates, unless they are checking the entire files for everyone and not just the collected summary they show us

My second monitor was also showing 60Hz, had to go into Display Settings -> Advanced to change it to 144

Not for me, Display 2 said 3440x1440 144hz

Weird, it recognizes my 144hz

I dont have an issue with incorrect info in my DxDiag info on my Insider profile. Its showing my second monitor as a 75hz.
(Yes its only a 75hz. I don’t have the money spare for 144hz at the moment)

My native settings also show as 60Hz on my DxDiag but it shows my current mode at 144Hz. Hopefully this is reflected in the data 343 actually needs.

Same problem here. Running 144hz but it shows 60hz.

I’m running two monitors, my main one is 144hz but it’s showing the 2nd one which is 60hz

dxdiag say’s 144hz everything all in order but when upload to halo insider it says 60hz.

Same, I guess native mode = default display refresh rate.
It should read the current mode instead. Since 60hz(59.9 hz) is the default refresh rate of every monitor

Mine reads fine.

Do you have the refresh rate set to 120hz through the Nvidia control panel?

> 2535446274979916;17:
> Same, I guess native mode = default display refresh rate.
> It should read the current mode instead. Since 60hz(59.9 hz) is the default refresh rate of every monitor

i would guess that too, mine also said native 60hz so id have to agree that native mode = defaults, and that 343 will use current instead

I would assume that the site is incorrectly displaying the panel’s default refresh rate, and not the active display mode. The raw text file I uploaded correctly shows 2560x1080 144 Hz as the current mode, and hopefully their system keeps a copy of the .txt file on hand.