The DMR single handedly destroyed multiplayer

(Ok not single handedly.)

Let’s look at the intended weapon balance of the game:

Close Range: Assualt Rifle, Storm Rifle, and Suppressor.

Medium Range: Carbine and Battle Rifle.

Long Range: DMR and Light Rifle.

This is how it was supposed to be, yet this is the actual balance:

Close Range: DMR.

Medium Range: DMR.

Long Range: DMR.

I’ve played matches where the DMR wasn’t being used, and the balance was almost perfect. The primary weapons were serving ther intended roles, and weren’t getting outgunned by the DMR constantly. Even the Automatic weapons were able to do quite some damage, which is almost impossible when the DMR is in play.

Now i’m not saying to remove the DMR, but something NEEDS to be done to make it mostly win fights at long range only, instead of all ranges as it was intended. Possibly a RoF nerf but there are other ideas. The DMR’s kill time is already quite fast and the gun isn’t difficult to use whatsoever. It’s not hard to tell it’s overpowered.

All of the other weapons server their intended purpose just as intended. Yes, even the BR. (For those who think the BR is underpowered.)

I want to enjoy this game, I really do. But the way the game is right now, makes that almost impossible. I want to change up the weapons I use, but what’s the point when the DMR almost always wins against the other primary weapons? When I use it, it’s the same case. I dominate players using BR’s at the ranges I shouldn’t win at, without difficulty for that matter. Even if the BR user shoots first and doesn’t miss. I don’t want to use the DMR due to it being OP but sometimes there’s no point of not using it.

I have no reason to buy the map pass until the DMR gets balanced out. I want to keep playing this game, but if the DMR keeps ruining the intended balance than I don’t know whether i’ll stay or not. The DMR obviously isn’t the only problem, there are a few others, (Boltshot, Grenade Spam, Spawns etc.) but still just a few.

The DMR is the biggest problem at the moment. Please, 343i, for the good of this game, balance the DMR.

These are just some of my thoughts. Agree or Disagree?

I couldn’t agree more.

It really is an issue and you can’t deny it.

Disagree with the close range bit, I generally tear up CQB DMR users with my AR. But for the most part yeah.

> (Ok not single handedly.)
>
> Let’s look at the intended weapon balance of the game:
>
> Close Range: Assualt Rifle, Storm Rifle, and Suppressor.
>
> Medium Range: Carbine and Battle Rifle.
>
> Long Range: DMR and Light Rifle.
>
> This is how it was supposed to be, yet this is the actual balance:
>
> Close Range: DMR.
>
> Medium Range: DMR.
>
> Long Range: DMR.
>
> I’ve played matches where the DMR wasn’t being used, and the balance was almost perfect. The primary weapons were serving ther intended roles, and weren’t getting outgunned by the DMR constantly. Even the Automatic weapons were able to do quite some damage, which is almost impossible when the DMR is in play.
>
> Now i’m not saying to remove the DMR, but something NEEDS to be done to make it mostly win fights at long range only, instead of all ranges as it was intended. Possibly a RoF nerf but there are other ideas. The DMR’s kill time is already quite fast and the gun isn’t difficult to use whatsoever. It’s not hard to tell it’s overpowered.
>
> All of the other weapons server their intended purpose just as intended. Yes, even the BR. (For those who think the BR is underpowered.)
>
> I want to enjoy this game, I really do. But the way the game is right now, makes that almost impossible. I want to change up the weapons I use, but what’s the point when the DMR almost always wins against the other primary weapons? When I use it, it’s the same case. I dominate players using BR’s at the ranges I shouldn’t win at, without difficulty for that matter. Even if the BR user shoots first and doesn’t miss. I don’t want to use the DMR due to it being OP but sometimes there’s no point of not using it.
>
> I have no reason to buy the map pass until the DMR gets balanced out. I want to keep playing this game, but if the DMR keeps ruining the intended balance than I don’t know whether i’ll stay or not. The DMR obviously isn’t the only problem, there are a few others, (Boltshot, Grenade Spam, Spawns etc.) but still just a few.
>
> The DMR is the biggest problem at the moment. Please, 343i, for the good of this game, balance the DMR.
>
> These are just some of my thoughts. Agree or Disagree?

Agreed, but I also think the DMR also breaks the game due to its extreme kill ranges making map movement unnecessary

> Disagree with the close range bit, I generally tear up CQB DMR users with my AR. But for the most part yeah.

I do love the AR, but if the DMR hits you first the AR usually doesn’t stand a chance.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

dmr works just fine, stop whining

I’m still not sure how people are using the DMR at close range. The BR works much better for me. But then I’ve never liked the DMR and I’m not very good with it. I only used it for my first few games and Spartan Ops (wish my SR would hurry up and reflect that I almost exclusively use the BR now.)

Don’t forget the suppressor, that -Yoink- will tear up any dmr at close range.

Make the Carbine 1 or 2 less shots to kill and increase the ROF on the BR and LR (unscoped) to be equal to the DMR. The DMR is fine the way it is.

If you don’t think the DMR dominates close range too, you’re a bad shot.

I am having a hard time keeping the DMR out of my CQC loadouts. That’s messed up.

> dmr works just fine, stop whining

I’m a BR user and since I made the switch to DMR I’ve made a ridiculous increase in kills. Now I stand at 2.0 k/d and I can tell you that the DMR is OP there is no denying it. It kills the principle of variety for precision weapons since it wins at any range and you can shoot across the map with no recoil,no bloom and a 3x optic. It wouldn’t be such a problem if there was de-scoping.

> Make the Carbine 1 or 2 less shots to kill and increase the ROF on the BR and LR (unscoped) to be equal to the DMR. The DMR is fine the way it is.

The killtimes are already a bit fast as is, if any of the guns gets buffed then there will be almost no chance to fight back against them. The killtimes of all the guns are fine, it’s the DMR’s killtime is way too short for a weapon meant for long range.

> If you don’t think the DMR dominates close range too, you’re a bad shot.
>
> I am having a hard time keeping the DMR out of my CQC loadouts. That’s messed up.

I didn’t say I don’t think it dominates. I said I still don’t see HOW people are using it so effectively at close range. Probably precisely for the reason you suggest. I suck. But that’s no secret. :stuck_out_tongue:

> > Make the Carbine 1 or 2 less shots to kill and increase the ROF on the BR and LR (unscoped) to be equal to the DMR. The DMR is fine the way it is.
>
> The killtimes are already a bit fast as is, if any of the guns gets buffed then there will be almost no chance to fight back against them. The killtimes of all the guns are fine, it’s the DMR’s killtime is way too short for a weapon meant for long range.

The DMR’s kill time is fine.

I have to agree too. The DMR is in all of my loadouts and frankly it’s all I use. I use it close, medium, long, even vehicles. I once took out 2 mantis’ at extra long range, once almost completely across Ragnorok with the DMR. I mean if they don’t change it, I’ll continue whooping -Yoink-, but it really eliminates variety in the game. Everyone is running around with either DMRs, Snipers, or Rockets. If you see someone using anything else, it’s because they ran out of DMR ammo.

To see covenant and promethen weapons being used in MM is rare and when you get killed with one it messes you up. I once got taken out by the scatter shot and I was left wondering WTF was that?

Have you ever just considered it is the BR that isn’t pulling its own weight? The AR can stand up against the DMR, but is a situational weapon. The BR is nothing compared to the DMR.

> I couldn’t agree more.
>
> It really is an issue and you can’t deny it.

It is, they should have left out of the game

> Have you ever just considered it is the BR that isn’t pulling its own weight? The AR can stand up against the DMR, but is a situational weapon. The BR is nothing compared to the DMR.

I have. But that’s not the case. The BR dominates where and when it should. It’s just that the DMR dominates everything, everywhere almost all the time. That’s really the issue.

AR > DMR at close range. The AR is balanced.

Use the fire power perk and AR/DMR and it is quite good.

I like the BR better on smaller maps, but maybe it could fire 5% faster or something.

> > Have you ever just considered it is the BR that isn’t pulling its own weight? The AR can stand up against the DMR, but is a situational weapon. The BR is nothing compared to the DMR.
>
> I have. But that’s not the case. The BR dominates where and when it should. It’s just that the DMR dominates everything that’s the issue.

That would be all well and good if it actually does. But it doesn’t. The Carbine beats it, and the unscoped Light Rifle matches it while lacking any recoil. The current BR is worthless.