The DMR, OP or not OP?

DMR long range
Battle rifle mid-range
Assault rifle close range

That’s all, I use all three at each distance accordingly and I will win the duels if I use them right. If I don’t use them right, I lose.

All the weapons in the game fit into a category and should be used like that.

> > DMR long range
> > Battle rifle mid-range
> > Assault rifle close range
> >
> > That’s all, I use all three at each distance accordingly and I will win the duels if I use them right. If I don’t use them right, I lose.
> >
> > All the weapons in the game fit into a category and should be used like that.
>
> I agree with that, however, some people believe that the DMR beats most weapons regardless of the range. Including the Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, and Storm Rifle to name a few.

lolwat? I definitely think it’s OP, but it won’t beat a power weapon. It will, however, beat a Br and carbine at mid range, and it also kills too quickly at long range, which pretty much grinds the game to a halt. So IMO it is OP.

I have never found the DMR to be noticeably better than other starter weapons. I kill just as many DMR wielding Spartans as BR and AR etc.

It has it’s uses, in BTB it will remain top dog for the range on the larger maps, but as far as infinity slayer it is really map pending, i choose the BR on the smaller maps where your in closer quarters and I choose the DMR for maps like the Compound(which is prolly my favorite map for infinity slayer)

It needs less aim assist and magnetism. It functions too well at close range. This is not good, as it is meant for long range and medium range combat.

Why does everyone leave out the light rifle? At mid to close range scoped in it takes 4 shots to drop someone. The DMR takes 5. Even at longer ranges the lightrifle can keep up with the DMR. If you can pull off a headshot you can out shoot a DMR with a lightrifle. The downside being the 3 shot burst if not zoomed in takes longer to kill in a one on one unscoped battle.

If you play smart, keep your distance , and hit the head its and easy 4 shot kill. Nearly every thread compares the DMR and BR like they are the only two that work lol.

Not entirely OP but unbalanced nonetheless.

It’s not OP, it’s just that the DMR’s competition is underpowered. Basically, it isn’t balanced.

> Why does everyone leave out the light rifle? At mid to close range scoped in it takes 4 shots to drop someone. The DMR takes 5. Even at longer ranges the lightrifle can keep up with the DMR. If you can pull off a headshot you can out shoot a DMR with a lightrifle. The downside being the 3 shot burst if not zoomed in takes longer to kill in a one on one unscoped battle.
>
> If you play smart, keep your distance , and hit the head its and easy 4 shot kill. Nearly every thread compares the DMR and BR like they are the only two that work lol.

Actually the light rifle does have a a lower rate of fire so that weapon is not quite as worrying.

Not massively op, but a little too good. But a nerf could make it utterly useless. It’s a hard call. Bcuz assault rifle, suppressor, magnum are quick kills up close and BR has bleedthrough. I would actually prefer aim assist lowered or SLIGHT reduce fire rate.

Anyone who claims the DMR is OP is a little… slow. It’s a long range weapon. Taking someone out with my BR at medium ranged when they have a DMR is easy, mostly due to the fact that my gun only takes 4 shots to kill them where theirs takes 5. Plain and simple. I don’t see anyone complaining about the sleeper OP lightrifle. That thing has the range of a DMR with the same amount of shots-to-kill as the BR. I think the people complaining need to look at all the guns and realize what each one specializes in. And besides, if something is OP, then use it. If you don’t want to, then don’t. Plain and simple.

Its not OP its just a better gun by design. Hitting every shot of a BR burst is pretty hit and miss so therefore its inconsistent and random.

To balance Battle rifle, Carbine and DRM they could do these 3 things:

1. Make Battle Rifle 12 istead of 13/14 shot kill and slow down its RoF a bit if needed.

2. Make carbine 7 shot kill instead of 8 (is it 8?) Anyway lower shots needed by one.

3. Leave DMR like how it is atm.

My only problem with DMR is that it kills map movement on open maps. A slight increase in bloom should force the user to pace his shots vs very distant targets (e.g from pelican to wall on Ragnarok), thus giving them at least a fighting chance of survival.

how is it over powered, people with the battle rifle or just being idiots because they loose in long range fights against the DMR, both have a 5 shot kill but the BR can kill easier close range than the DMR.

The DMR is satisfying to use and feels powerful. The BR and Carbine feel weak and stupid. So, instead of crying and -Yoinking!- about the DMR, the weapon most similar to the pinpoint accurate CE magnum we’ve had in a Halo game since the Anniversary playlist, how about the BR and Carbine get buffed so they’re not -Yoink-? How about EVERYONE gets happy with powerful preferences instead of bringing everything down to a pathetic level?

Also, how about we stop saying the DMR should only be good at long ranges and that the BR should only be good at mid range, and the Carbine at close range? How about instead of staring at someone across the map with a BR or AR and just wishing, oh wishing, we had chosen another gun, that every primary weapon be usable at all ranges and that each weapon choice be a preference rather than what works best for the map? Why should guns be handicapped at certain ranges just to create an artificial and forced sense of diversity instead of actually being creative with the freaking guns? Why does anyone accept the Battle Rifle’s ridiculous spread in Halo 3 and forget about Halo CE’s hand cannon? How about power weapons be the niche choice instead of the utility weapons, the type of gun that has made every Halo game a blast to play at ALL ranges and in ALL situations?

> My only problem with DMR is that it kills map movement on open maps.

You mean the terrible maps like Ragnarock and Complex which have huge sight lines and frequent stalemates?