The DMR Isn't As Good As You Act Like It Is

The gun is good, so are all the others.

The gun is good at medium - long range.

Give me any other gun at short range and you can have the DMR, I will win.

On that note, quit acting like its the next coming of Jesus. As I said, it does good at medium or long range, short range it can be beat by almost any other loadout weapon. “NO WAY! Its good at what its intended be! HOLY CRAP! NERF! OVER POWERED! GOD!”

The DMR still needs a nerf.

> The DMR still needs a nerf.

Why.

All the other precision loadout weapons need to be buffed, actually.

> > The DMR still needs a nerf.
>
> Why.

Because he can’t play like he’s Rambo anymore…

> The DMR still needs a nerf.

No it’s great the way it is. If anything buff the other guns.

No

It’s not balanced.

The LR is balanced properly. The DMR should be like that.

> > The DMR still needs a nerf.
>
> Why.

It restricts map movement.

Most of you guys just can’t understand because you’l never play at a high enough level(this is a huge issue with 343 as well), but when everyone in the game is good a lot of maps are ruined by the DMR. There is ZERO movement.

I agree.

When I’m up against a dmr with a br or a light rifle, I usually win, unless I just completely fool it.

The AR and suppressor easily beats dmr at close range, but the dmr does have considerable advantage at long range…but then again, so does the light rifle.

All things are balanced out, it doesn’t need any nerfing.

> > > The DMR still needs a nerf.
> >
> > Why.
>
> Because he can’t play like he’s Rambo anymore…

Nope. It’s because every game in btb is a complete standstill. Everyone just camps wherever it’s possible and just picks anyone off who even remotely tries to get close with their miniature sniper rifle. When I was playing Halo 3, people actually got more than 20 feet from their enemies on Valhalla. But on Ragnarok, everyone just camps behind the rocks with their camo and DMR.

Let’s be serious here, its really good.

> >
> > Why.
>
> <mark>It restricts map movement.</mark>
> <mark>Most of you guys just can’t understand because you’l never play at a high enough level(this is a huge issue with 343 as well), but when everyone in the game is good a lot of maps are ruined by the DMR. There is ZERO movement</mark>.

This

Also I find myself beating BRs and Ars all the time in close range with my DMR.

You must have forgotten to take your medication today… YES IT IS!!!

And the ce magnum and the halo2/3 carbine/br never ever restricted map movement.

> And the ce magnum and the halo2/3 carbine/br never ever restricted map movement.

There has never been a starting weapon that allowed you to kill someone half way across the biggest maps WITH EASE.

Lol you are in denial son.

Beating them close range isn’t the problem, them being as perfectly precise as a sniper rifle is. If BR is short-mid to mid, DMR should be mid to mid-long. It should not be able to kill someone in seconds across valhalla, leaving the person no time to even try to see who is shooting him.

There’s no ‘watch out they have a sniper at pelican’ like in h3, so you try to avoid open areas that one person can see. Now, you literally cannot go anywhere open on any maps at all, as every single person on the map can kill you from anywhere they can see you, before you can even retaliate (even if you see them, you can’t even un-zoom the person shooting at you by hitting them back, which is another issue that causes huge balance problems with suppressive fire and vehicle turrets etc. as well).

Like someone said before, this leads to the entire game being camping with DMRs. It’s bad enough that happens in snipers, but in normal games that’s just terrible.

The DMR pretty much does make BTB on Ragnarok a total snooze.

You know what? OP has a point, the DMR isn’t the real problem even though it does need to kill as fast as the BR and that isn’t the case. We do need a patch, but let 343i fix stuff like maps, spawns and playlists first maybe?

> >
> > Why.
>
> It restricts map movement.
>
> Most of you guys just can’t understand because you’l never play at a high enough level(this is a huge issue with 343 as well), but when everyone in the game is good a lot of maps are ruined by the DMR. There is ZERO movement.

This is a little more understandable then the other stupid replies I’ve read. I can see how that would get annoying. As for all the comments about Ragnarok, USE A VEHICLE. It’s a long range map, OBVIOUSLY a long range weapon is going to work.