The DMR/BR should be EQUAL at medium range

Now I know the DMR is a little overpowered because it’s an all purpose weapon currently do too it being good at all ranges.

But there are people saying it should be nerfed to the point where it gets slaughtered at medium range.

Which isn’t true since the DMR’s effective range is stated as MEDIUM-Long range so the Battle rifle should not beat the DMR at medium range.

They should have an equal chance of killing each other at medium range.

The DMR, should beat the BR at long range, while having an equal chance of killing each other at medium range while losing at close range.

This way both of the guns are good are effective at there intended ranges while both having weaknesses so they are equal to each other.

The DMR should be long range only. Having a weapon that can be used in close and mid range, but also absolutely destroying at long range is game breaking. Especially since it’s so easy to use.

> The DMR should be long range only. Having a weapon that can be used in close and mid range, but also absolutely destroying at long range is game breaking. Especially since it’s so easy to use.

yup game breaking… Remember that one game we used to play back in the day about 10 years ago that had a pistol that could dominate short, medium and long range? what was that game called, I cant for the life of me remember its named.

> > The DMR should be long range only. Having a weapon that can be used in close and mid range, but also absolutely destroying at long range is game breaking. Especially since it’s so easy to use.
>
> yup game breaking… Remember that one game we used to play back in the day about 10 years ago that had a pistol that could dominate short, medium and long range? what was that game called, I cant for the life of me remember its named.

Except the pistol was only as deadly as the one who used it.
Having a utility weapon is fine, it’s just that the DMR is past being a utility weapon and has crossed into godgun status.

Also, the other loadout weapons, specifically the BR which should be the utility weapon, are now useless in comparison.

> The DMR should be long range only. Having a weapon that can be used in close and mid range, but also absolutely destroying at long range is game breaking. Especially since it’s so easy to use.

I didn’t say close range the DMR’s intended range is Medium to long range just like how the Battle rifle is close to medium range.

All I’m saying is that a Battle rifle should dominate at close range, have an equal chance of killing a DMR user at medium range and loses at long range.

This is how they should work and it’s not game breaking if there chances of killing each are equal at medium range.

This. It’s a long range weapon and it has insane long range. Something with that much range shouldn’t be as useful at medium and close range as it is now. That said, the DMR should stand a chance at medium range, just not very likely to win at medium range.

> > The DMR should be long range only. Having a weapon that can be used in close and mid range, but also absolutely destroying at long range is game breaking. Especially since it’s so easy to use.
>
> yup game breaking… Remember that one game we used to play back in the day about 10 years ago that had a pistol that could dominate short, medium and long range? what was that game called, I cant for the life of me remember its named.

:slight_smile:

>
> I didn’t say close range the DMR’s intended range is Medium to long range just like how the Battle rifle is close to medium range.
>
> All I’m saying is that a Battle rifle should dominate at close range, have an equal chance of killing a DMR user at medium range and loses at long range.
>
> This is how they should work and it’s not game breaking if there chances of killing each are equal at medium range.

Full Auto Weapons- Close
BR-Mainly Mid Range
DMR-Long

That’s how it should be. Having it as a mid range gun still breaks the game and makes the other weapons useless.

> Full Auto Weapons- Close
> BR-Mainly Mid Range
> DMR-Long
>
> That’s how it should be. Having it as a mid range gun still breaks the game and makes the other weapons useless.

It’s not game breaking unless it has no weaknesses and the DMR’s intended weakness is at close range not medium range.

Which is how it should be after the DMR has it’s adjustments done to it.

>

You forget that the pistol was more difficult to use (it actually had a lot more reticle bloom than the Halo 4 DMR, you just couldn’t see it) and there weren’t other options for it to invalidate. All the other weapons were either power weapons or utility weapons (e.g. plasma rifle’s slowing effect to stop people resting the flag).

I don’t see why people are complaining since the BR was ruined when they basically turned the dmr into the same weapon. If I have learnt anything about 343i they don’t seem to know what a BR is.

The BR should not be made equal to the DMR at mid range.

In fact.

The BR should be made superior at mid range.
Let the DMR compete with the LR at long range.