The DMR and BR

Just a question but I really must ask

What If…
The DMR and BR simply switched reticle’s? would it drastically change the way the weapons perform?

and after digging around I found
THIS
quite and interesting find, including since it’s what everyone was against in halo reach and want it back… but honestly now it should just come back

Bloom should not come back and I imagine changing the reticules would make the DMR even more effective, while debatably making the BR more effective at range and harder to use in CQC.

Not certain, however.

Bloom gave ReachDMR two distinct functions.

1. Slow, accurate fire against LONG RANGE targets

2. Fast, inaccurate fire against CLOSE RANGE targets

Halo 4 was to split these functions into 2 weapons. DMR and BR. Thus, no need for bloom

DMR is supposed to take role 1

BR take role 2

However for some reason… Developers decided to make the DMR able to kill faster than the BR… Fail

Rate of fire needs to be lowered to the point DMR has a total kill time that is equal to or slower than BR kill time.

^
Agreed. Either a Damage or RoF nerf is fine by me, it’s really developer preference, but the killtime has got to be worse than the BRs by a significant enough margin to make the BR worth using.

> ^
> Agreed. Either a Damage or RoF nerf is fine by me, it’s really developer preference, but the killtime has got to be worse than the BRs by a significant enough margin to make the BR worth using.

Actually DMR is about 0.2 seconds faster. Making it slower by 0.4 seconds makes it just a bit. Slower than BR by the same difference they are currently. So that would be a good place to start. 0.4 might not sound like a lot but it is almost half a second… That cold make a world of difference in a gunfight.

I know the DMR kills quicker as it is, I didn’t say otherwise.

I said a nerf had to weaken the DMR’s killtime via either a Damage or RoF nerf.

Then I said that they had to make sure that it was enough… giving it the same killtime, for example, still renders the BR utterly worthless.

I do agree with you and I’m not arguing, just clarifying : )

> I know the DMR kills quicker as it is, I didn’t say otherwise.
>
> I said a nerf had to weaken the DMR’s killtime via either a Damage or RoF nerf.
>
> Then I said that they had to make sure that it was enough… giving it the same killtime, for example, still renders the BR utterly worthless.
>
> I do agree with you and I’m not arguing, just clarifying : )

Reread my post… I was just clarifying with a approximate number and calling it enough. If the DMR being a tiny bit faster makes some people feel it is balanced… Then making it a tiny bit slower than BR will probably have even more people accepting of it as well. No significant or obvious nerf… Just a balancing update

DMR greater than BR

one fact about the two unmentioned, is that the BR has a significantly faster reload time. this paired with dexterity in the right hands, can be extremely brutal. however, this still only applies in mid-short range.

DMR doesn’t need a RoF or damage decrease. What it needs is less aim assist than the BR, which, (combined with it’s lack of spread), would make it more difficult to use at closer ranges than the BR.