The DLC Maps are Fun!

Even though they don’t really feel like “new” maps, they are a ton of fun nonetheless! When I first saw the trailer, I thought that they were going to be super boring and plain. The combat in them is usually quite close for the size of them. I really like all of them! What are your thoughts?

I don’t really have an opinion on them yet… I have only played Shatter online because that’s the only one that ever gets voted on out of the new maps. That and I only tried them during the “trial.” I plan on buying the war games map pass when I see how the next round of maps are.

Not trying to be rude but, if you don’t have an opinion, than why are you here?

They were a needed breath of fresh air from the cycle of maps that were more popular at the time.

> Not trying to be rude but, if you don’t have an opinion, than why are you here?

He’s reserving judgement until he gets another chance to play them more, nothing wrong with that. Bad attempt at not trying to be rude.

> Not trying to be rude but, if you don’t have an opinion, than why are you here?

Extremely unnecessary, and RUDE. ^^

Harvest and Shatter aren’t bad, but I HAAAAAAATE Wrecked. the BTB algorithm has wrecked and Shatter as the first two, and mixes in one of the “original” maps as an alternate. I am sure that people get tired of playing Ragnarok all the time, but I get tired of playing Wrecked.

I wasn’t sure until the other day, when me and some friends got together, and I realized the none of the DLC maps was there (someone had not downloaded them yet), and I was so HAPPY! I didn’t have to play that saturated Green monstrosity. I know that Reach all the maps seemed too Gray, but this is ridiculous.

Shatter is terrible… other two are okay. Not worth the price I tell you that.

> Shatter is terrible… other two are okay. Not worth the price I tell you that.

Be thankful that they aren’t 1200 MS Points. Games like Call of Duty and Battlefield always have 1200 MS Point DLCs. It’s ridiculous.

Meh, they’re alright and would have been more so if this was 2007. Now it just seems a little odd to have the old formula of 3 unremarkable maps (which for all intents and purposes could have been made for Halo 2) for a base 800 msp when other games (Section 8, Space Marine, Unreal Tournament 3 for example) offered more interesting stuff at lower prices.

They just look like 3 random maps to me. Halo 3 map packs beat this by miles.

sprint limits map design but they are good even though they would be better with no sprint.

its just a give and take thing.

give sprint - take out great map design
give map design - take out sprint

you are not going to get both.

I don’t mind them, and I really like Harvest. The achievments on the other hand…

I can’t wait until I get an Xbox so I can play Halo 4

> sprint limits map design but they are good even though they would be better with no sprint.
>
> its just a give and take thing.
>
> give sprint - take out great map design
> give map design - take out sprint
>
> you are not going to get both.

Wait, how does sprint limit map design? Haven is a relatively small map and still plays fine with sprint.

Sprint increasing mobility does not create inferior map design.

> sprint limits map design but they are good even though they would be better with no sprint.

These maps without sprint would be a nightmare!