The Direction of Halo: Good or Bad?

I’m just curious to hear from Halo’s community about whether or not you prefer things like Armor Abilities, Perks, joining games-in-progress, Spartan Points, etc.

Personally, I prefer the style of the first three Halo titles. There wasn’t much fluff, and every match started you out with a 100% even playing field. I feel that all of the new additions are ruining H4’s potential to be a great game.

So tell me, what are your thoughts on the current direction of Halo? Are you optimistic about the changes? Why or why not?

> I’m just curious to hear from Halo’s community about whether or not you prefer things like Armor Abilities, Perks, joining games-in-progress, Spartan Points, etc.
>
> Personally, I prefer the style of the first three Halo titles. There wasn’t much fluff, and every match started you out with a 100% even playing field. I feel that all of the new additions are ruining H4’s potential to be a great game.
>
> So tell me, what are your thoughts on the current direction of Halo? Are you optimistic about the changes? Why or why not?

it all boils down to how AAs and perks work out which is yet to be seen

atleast we know the guns work correctly unlike Reach

I need to play the game first

But so far every game has been just as much fun as the last to me

So long as the AAs are in the game. Then the gameplay in MP is completely ruined in my opinion. AAs are crutches for kids and people who have no true skill at the game. Plain and simple.

Nah, AAs are fine. Loadouts are the real problem.

> So long as the AAs are in the game. Then the gameplay in MP is completely ruined in my opinion. AAs are crutches for kids and people who have no true skill at the game. Plain and simple.

The direction of Halo, from my perspective, is becoming too mainstreamed and casual.

There is no long term commitment in Reach, Arena is a piss poor idea for a long term commitment and without a 1-50 level system, Halo just isn’t Halo. There’s nothing for me to work towards, why am I playing for credits? A monetary in game value that means nothing does not keep me playing, ranks that aren’t directly tied to some kind of player skill is pointless.

Bring back 1-50 and I will play Halo 4 every week until Halo 5 comes out, and so will many of your older fans from H2-H3, 343.

We are unhappy, we do not want Halo to be CoD, we don’t care about military ranks or meaningless symbols.

> The direction of Halo, from my perspective, is becoming too mainstreamed and casual.
>
> There is no long term commitment in Reach, Arena is a piss poor idea for a long term commitment and without a 1-50 level system, Halo just isn’t Halo. There’s nothing for me to work towards, why am I playing for credits? A monetary in game value that means nothing does not keep me playing, ranks that aren’t directly tied to some kind of player skill is pointless.
>
> Bring back 1-50 and I will play Halo 4 every week until Halo 5 comes out, and so will many of your older fans from H2-H3, 343.
>
> We are unhappy, we do not want Halo to be CoD, we don’t care about military ranks or meaningless symbols.

1-50 was the fun for a lot of players…

I don’t care for AAs, HUD elements, in-built sprint, new game modes or even Spartan OPs.

What I do care about however, is canon continuity, and 343i has rewritten a hell of a lot. Elites look different, Grunts look different, the MKVI has turned into I don’t even know what (Seriously. Do we just imagine that MC was wearing that armour during Halo 2 and 3 now?).

I’m all for change, but not when there isn’t a real reason. I was happy with MC’s armour when I thought it was the MKVII. Not so much now. Sure, 343i wanted to add in their own voice to Halo, but redesigning everything has really ticked me off.

For me, the gameplay sounds awsome, though wish 343 do AT LEAST baby steps for change. Its too much change for one game for the trilogy, all features should at Halo 6 or else they have no ideas left. The grunts look so ugly I think of regected ides for mini bumarks in “Gears of War” series. Also change the name spartan ops it feels like they are really copying CoD.

Every single person who votes on here should chose undecided, because absolutely none of us has had the chance to actually experience the changes yet in real-time and therefore cannot have an educated opinion about how they will effect gameplay.