The Didact's Symbol...

Now I think we can all agree that the Didact will most likely be the main antagonist in Halo 4.

But what’s with his symbol?

Here it is in the trailer…

And here it is on the Didact’s Halo wiki.

If you notice, there is a slight difference.

Could this mean that someone similar to the Didact will be the main antagonist?

Share your thoughts.

It also turns up-side down. Which means something can’t be right…

> It also turns up-side down. Which means something can’t be right…

I believe it was turning in the video…

> Now I think we can all agree that the Didact will most likely be the main antagonist in Halo 4.
>
> But what’s with his symbol?
>
> Here it is in the trailer…
>
>
> And here it is on the Didact’s Halo wiki.
>
>
> If you notice, there is a slight difference.
>
>
> Could this mean that someone similar to the Didact will be the main antagonist?
>
>
> Share your thoughts.

im a pretty HUGE halo fan but what exactly are the Didacts? arent they good?

> > Now I think we can all agree that the Didact will most likely be the main antagonist in Halo 4.
> >
> > But what’s with his symbol?
> >
> > Here it is in the trailer…
> >
> >
> > And here it is on the Didact’s Halo wiki.
> >
> >
> > If you notice, there is a slight difference.
> >
> >
> > Could this mean that someone similar to the Didact will be the main antagonist?
> >
> >
> > Share your thoughts.
>
> im a pretty HUGE halo fan but what exactly are the Didacts? arent they good?

There’s only one Didact, he was a high-status Forerunner.

Wiki.

different symbols. different people.

Maybe the Master builder?

The best theory maybe Faber “The Master Builder”.

"Despite his high standing in Forerunner society, Faber displayed arrogance and cruelty wholly at odds with the Forerunner ideals of peace and enlightenment. He held utter contempt for less-advanced species, as well as lower-ranking Forerunners. He also was not above using torture against those who crossed him. Regardless of his cruelty, Faber was exceptionally powerful in many ways; in addition to his political power, he was noted as being an individual of “near-infinite complexity and mental resources,” equally cunning to the Didact, and possessed immense knowledge of Forerunner politics and technology.

Faber appeared to dedicate considerable attention to his personal appearance, making use of perfumes and maintaining an attitude of superiority in all encounters"

> Maybe the Master builder?

Unless he found away to escape death, i believe the Master Builder died in one of the Forerunner books.

I am pretty sure it’s the Didact. His symbol appears all over Halo 4 and at the end of Halo CE:A final in game terminal (not to mention in other Halo based media). Why hint at this for so long only to have it be someone else?

He’s going to be taking an antagonist role for Halo 4 IMO. The thing about this symbol is that is the Didact now an highly advanced super AI? My feelings are moving towards that theory that the remaining Forerunners on Requiem no longer have bodies but have a hive mind of sorts that can control the constructs like the Knight.

> The best theory maybe Faber “The Master Builder”.
>
> “Despite his high standing in Forerunner society, Faber displayed arrogance and cruelty wholly at odds with the Forerunner ideals of peace and enlightenment. He held utter contempt for less-advanced species, as well as lower-ranking Forerunners. He also was not above using torture against those who crossed him. Regardless of his cruelty, Faber was exceptionally powerful in many ways; in addition to his political power, he was noted as being an individual of “near-infinite complexity and mental resources,” equally cunning to the Didact, and possessed immense knowledge of Forerunner politics and technology.
>
> Faber appeared to dedicate considerable attention to his personal appearance, making use of perfumes and maintaining an attitude of superiority in all encounters”

Hmm… interesting.

Guess it’s a possibility.

> > Maybe the Master builder?
>
> Unless he found away to escape death, i believe the Master Builder died in one of the Forerunner books.
>
> I am pretty sure it’s the Didact. His symbol appears all over Halo 4 and at the end of Halo CE:A final in game terminal (not to mention in other Halo based media). Why hint at this for so long only to have it be someone else?
>
> He’s going to be taking an antagonist role for Halo 4 IMO. The thing about this symbol is that is the Didact now an highly advanced super AI? My feelings are moving towards that theory that the remaining Forerunners on Requiem no longer have bodies but have a hive mind of sorts that can control the constructs like the Knight.

Is is stated anywhere that the Prometheans and Forerunners are allies?

> > > Maybe the Master builder?
> >
> > Unless he found away to escape death, i believe the Master Builder died in one of the Forerunner books.
> >
> > I am pretty sure it’s the Didact. His symbol appears all over Halo 4 and at the end of Halo CE:A final in game terminal (not to mention in other Halo based media). Why hint at this for so long only to have it be someone else?
> >
> > He’s going to be taking an antagonist role for Halo 4 IMO. The thing about this symbol is that is the Didact now an highly advanced super AI? My feelings are moving towards that theory that the remaining Forerunners on Requiem no longer have bodies but have a hive mind of sorts that can control the constructs like the Knight.
>
> Is is stated anywhere that the Prometheans and Forerunners are allies?

They are the same, Physically, Prometheans were the highest form a Warrior-Servant could mutate to, standing around two times the height of a Manipular and weighing about four or five times a Manipular’s mass. They were heavily muscled, their hands capable of easily crushing a human skull.

I cannot see the Didact wanting humanity dead. Something doesn’t seem right. Primordium seemed intentionally misleading and the Halo 4 e3 presentation could be as well.