The didact's role in H4

So as we saw in the end of the trailer the symbol representing the Didact is shown along with the words “An ancient evil awakens” and someone saying “I have long dreamt of this day, Reclaimer” Which says that there is a possibilty that the Didact will be in Halo 4, if so, what role do you think he has? will he be good or bad?
what do you think? (Riddle me this Batman!)

also on the live action when the woman is talking to the kid on the moniter the screen goes red with a Didact symbol

> also on the live action when the woman is talking to the kid on the moniter the screen goes red with a Didact symbol

Ahh, but the symbol is upside down and at the end of the demo they symbol also spins upside down.

> > also on the live action when the woman is talking to the kid on the moniter the screen goes red with a Didact symbol
>
> Ahh, but the symbol is upside down and at the end of the demo they symbol also spins upside down.

That could mean that he is corrupt or evil.

I wouldn’t put too much interpretation into the upside down symbol. I think he is going to be evil. His Promethean Knights attack you. And the Cryptum – that the Didact is presumed to be inside – is also red. Something must have happened between the humans and the Forerunners at the end of the Forerunner-Flood War that made the Didact very angry.

343 Guilty Spark once said that he wished the Didact and his Prometheans were around. He addded that nothing but the Librarian could temper his rage though. And since she was gone … nobody can.

Have you ever wondered why the Forerunners did not catalogue themselves and why the humans in particular are the Reclaimers? The Didact has plans with them.

I have several problems with everyone assuming it’s the Didact. First, if you read the books you realize the Didact isn’t evil. The Builders were actually the problem. Second, after the war with the humans the Didact didn’t necessarily hate humans. His role as Didact was to win a war in which he did. I almost got the feeling that he hated the idea of war but understood that it was a necessary evil at times.

Also we aren’t all that sure of what happens to the Didact yet. We still have another Bear book to find out. So unless some thing has happened that made the Didact evil I’m just not understanding what’s going on. I can’t wait for the game and other books!

Well, the Forerunner we first knew as the Didact is long dead, executed by Faber on the San’Shyuum world in Cryptum. But Bornstellar slowly grew to become the Promethean in everything but conciousness.

In all my theories, however, I called him Bornstellar-Didact. Quoth one of the Bear books, though, he is now Bornstellar ‘only in [his] dreams’. So maybe now I should just say ‘the Didact’.

I reckon he’s being manipulated. By Faber.

And I reckon Faber is holding the Librarian hostage, in some interesting way; hopefully we don’t have a ‘rescue the princess’ level at any point.

Do we know for sure that he was executed? I can’t remember for sure but i wanted to think it was an assumption. A probably assumption but still an assumption. Same with Bornstellar. We just simply don’t know what happened to them a 1000,000 years ago.

I don’t think that the Librarian is still alive. She was on Earth when the Didact fired the Halos. She is presumably dead by now. Yet, 343 Guilty Spark believes she is still alive and he is on his way to find her. Maybe we are going to meet Spark again.

And yes, the Didact was executed by Faber because he didn’t have the answers to the Master Builder’s questions. The Librarian herself told Bornstellar that her husband was killed.

I think the Librarian is till alive. I have no clue if she will show up in the trilogy. That would be diving awful deep in to the Halo universe and it would take some explaining. We’ll see though.

> I think the Librarian is till alive. I have no clue if she will show up in the trilogy. That would be diving awful deep in to the Halo universe and it would take some explaining. We’ll see though.

Although I think it is likely that the Librarian is dead or that the Didact assumes she is dead at least, there is one hint that she might still be alive: At the end of Primordium, 343 Guilty Spark starts travelling to a location where he believes the Librarian, Riser and the female human could be. Given the fact that Spark was interrogated by ONI after the Halo 3 events, it could be that the Librarian will appear at some point in the Reclaimer Trilogy. Yet, I believe more in the Halo 3 Terminals.