The didact might not be the acient evil

Before i start i just want to say that this is not my idea at all. It was inspired by a comment i saw on the forum a few days ago. But as we all know the didact has already been revealed and we all are crowning him to be the ancient one. but like someone pointed out… this is the logical step and halo is not known for going about things logically (trolls do not take me literally). if you take halo CE as an example everything was going humpty dumty until you were greeted with the craziest twist that no one was expecting, the flood.
My idea:
Well ever since the release of halo CE Bungie has always trying to recapture the same magic with the sequels, this is something that is usually stated in their vidocs. As demonstrated from E3 to now 343 seems to be doing just that. they are introducing something that seems to be a familiar yet so different beast. what better way to fully realize this experience than to throw the biggest twist in there and put in the precursors. from what i have heard of them there is no way that 343 created these beings for nothing ( i am aware that only one exists). And to be honest they seem even more sinister than forerunners. i mean they got screwed over pretty badly. Moving on… i know this is a long shot but my reason for bringing this up is Frankies’ interview with GT tv, when he explains who the didact is he end it up by saying “what ever is awakening is obviously not friendly”. i do not know why this stick out to me so much but… why did he not say when he awakes, he is not going to be too friendly… something seems fishy…

I swear if it’s not the Precursors or the Precursors aren’t involved in some way it’d be a waste of good material. Now way the Didact is the true Ancient Evil.

> I swear if it’s not the Precursors or the Precursors aren’t involved in some way… it’d be a waste of good material.

Ditto.

I’d be quite upset if my favorite character in all the Halos was the main antagonist.

If the Didact turns out to be THE ancient evil after all then 343 will have some explaining to do.

Didact looks like what ?

But why introduce the Precursors?..The freaking creators of the Flood!!!
And why state that the Ur-Didact was abandoned on a wait for it Flood infested Installation?
Something isn’t right…and they made the Precursors quite forboding for a reason.

“Humanity will be tested again when they are ripe and arrogant”
“It is your task to kill this servant, that another may be freed”

The Primordial said both of those.

Even the Didact’s children were afraid of the Primordial.

“But what if what the Old Ones created is loose…!”

Frank said that it is the Didact in one of the 3rd party videos that came out in the last few days. I’m not going to post the video b/c I don’t want to go back and find it. He talked about: how the Didact is heroic and considered a by a lot of fans to be a good guy but that obviously in Halo 4 he isn’t b/c he is the ancient evil.

> Frank said that it is the Didact in one of the 3rd party videos that came out in the last few days. I’m not going to post the video b/c I don’t want to go back and find it. He talked about: how the Didact is heroic and considered a by a lot of fans to be a good guy but that obviously in Halo 4 he isn’t b/c he is the ancient evil.

Frank said that the Didact plays a major role in the war on Requiem, but he doesn’t state that he is the Ancient Evil. I believe he said something like this: “Something evil is awakening on Requiem, and it’s not the Didact.”

> > Frank said that it is the Didact in one of the 3rd party videos that came out in the last few days. I’m not going to post the video b/c I don’t want to go back and find it. He talked about: how the Didact is heroic and considered a by a lot of fans to be a good guy but that obviously in Halo 4 he isn’t b/c he is the ancient evil.
>
> Frank said that the Didact plays a major role in the war on Requiem, but he doesn’t state that he is the Ancient Evil. I believe he said something like this: “Something evil is awakening on Requiem, and it’s not the Didact.”

It was on the GTTV show last night. And you’re correcting me where I’m not wrong.

> Frank said that it is the Didact in one of the 3rd party videos that came out in the last few days. I’m not going to post the video b/c I don’t want to go back and find it. He talked about: how the Didact is heroic and considered a by a lot of fans to be a good guy but that obviously in Halo 4 he isn’t b/c he is the ancient evil.

He said that he plays a large role, not that he is the ancient evil.
Precursors… that is all.

I’m sure ancient evil are the precursors… only precursors or something new will give enough material for entire trilogy. I personally believe that didact and forerunners will fail to stop rebel covenant in awakening precursors and precursors will try to get revenge on forerunner and attack covenant and humans for destroying flood.

> Before i start i just want to say that this is not my idea at all. It was inspired by a comment i saw on the forum a few days ago. But as we all know the didact has already been revealed and we all are crowning him to be the ancient one. but like someone pointed out… this is the logical step and halo is not known for going about things logically (trolls do not take me literally). if you take halo CE as an example everything was going humpty dumty until you were greeted with the craziest twist that no one was expecting, the flood.
> My idea:
> Well ever since the release of halo CE Bungie has always trying to recapture the same magic with the sequels, this is something that is usually stated in their vidocs. As demonstrated from E3 to now 343 seems to be doing just that. they are introducing something that seems to be a familiar yet so different beast. what better way to fully realize this experience than to throw the biggest twist in there and put in the precursors. from what i have heard of them there is no way that 343 created these beings for nothing ( <mark>i am aware that only one exists</mark>). And to be honest they seem even more sinister than forerunners. i mean they got screwed over pretty badly. Moving on… i know this is a long shot but my reason for bringing this up is Frankies’ interview with GT tv, when he explains who the didact is he end it up by saying “what ever is awakening is obviously not friendly”. i do not know why this stick out to me so much but… why did he not say when he awakes, he is not going to be too friendly… something seems fishy…

My good man, this is incorrect.

“Those who created you” (the Primordial speaking to the Didact) " were defied and hunted. Most were extinguished. A few fled beyond your reach. Creation continued."

More than one still exists unless the others died. Of course, they could have reproduced and more Precursors now exist.

> Didact looks like what ?

Nobody knows yet. All we’ve heard is a voice speculated to belong to him.

As for the OP. I’m counting on him not being the AE.

Its not the precursors. Spike’s gametrailer show said it was the didact.

Frankie describe him as a heroic and noble leader and hinted that he was the ancient evil and what every awakens is not friendly.

they never said the precursors were not in the game. will just have to wait and see.

ps. the ancient evil is the didact(in my opinion)

At first I thought that the didact was going to be the ancient evil but after watching this video I’am pretty sure that the ancient evil will be something else. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBPwLtRM7C4&feature=player_embedded
In that video Frank O’Connor talks about the didact but he didn’t say that he was the ancient evil so the ancient evil will probably be something else and 343i is probably trying to make us believe that the ancient evil its the didact since this picture has his symbol.
http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/a/af/Ancient_Evil_Awakens.png

Oh geez, I just hope that it is the Precursors. It would be cool to see a Halo video game bring them to life instead of just reading about it in the books.