The Didact is the enemy and is "unbound"

Apparently that decision Frankie told me about that I had to make on Monday which some of you posted here was related to my Avatar on NeoGAF which was the Didact’s glyph. We saw a very similar glyph to the Didact in the trailer but no one was 100% sure if it was his or not. Well this pretty much confirms it.

Thought I would be nice and pass this info along to you :stuck_out_tongue:

Faber doesn’t have a symbol yet so he might be the new threat if he survived and he might have stolen the didacts symbol but red and upside down just to be a -Yoink-.

Yes it’s his symbol, but it doesn’t prove much of anything yet. Traditionally, when symbols such as flags are turned around, it signals distress. Other symbols when turned around, like the Christian cross, signify the opposite of something, in the cross’ case it signifies the anti-Christ.

So is the Didact in distress? Well, he scanned Chief and did not attack him then and there. The Didact is also in a Cryptum and may be looking for a way out. Who can say?

As for an anti-Didact, Faber could be the perfect candidate since they are polar opposites.

Frankly, nobody can say for sure. We’ve been wrong on pre-release speculation before.

> Faber doesn’t have a symbol yet so he might be the new threat if he survived and he might have stolen the didacts symbol but red and upside down just to be a -Yoink!-.

sounds like a legitimate strategy.

You guys are literally speaking gibberish to me and I’m sure many others here.

> You guys are literally speaking gibberish to me and I’m sure many others here.

The Didact might not be the main enemy.

different symbols. different people.

^ (I might as well copy that so I can paste it to every single topic that says the same Yoinking! thing. IT’S NOT THE DIDACT! GOOGLE THE SYMBOLS! sheesh)

> Yes it’s his symbol, but it doesn’t prove much of anything yet. Traditionally, when symbols such as flags are turned around, it signals distress. Other symbols when turned around, like the Christian cross, signify the opposite of something, in the cross’ case it signifies the anti-Christ.
>
> So is the Didact in distress? Well, he scanned Chief and did not attack him then and there. The Didact is also in a Cryptum and may be looking for a way out. Who can say?
>
> As for an anti-Didact, Faber could be the perfect candidate since they are polar opposites.
>
> <mark>Frankly</mark>, nobody can say for sure. We’ve been wrong on pre-release speculation before.

Hehe.
But I agree with you - Do I believe it was the Didact in the Cryptum? Yes. Do I believe he is our enemy? No.
He has no reason to fight us, and humans would be stupid to attack a Forerunner.
Hopefully we’ll have a better understanding before the game is released.

> different symbols. different people.
>
> ^ (I might as well copy that so I can paste it to every single topic that says the same Yoinking! thing. IT’S NOT THE DIDACT! GOOGLE THE SYMBOLS! sheesh)

It is the didacts symbol in an unbound state like Frankie said. That was the decision I had to make, it was to change my avatar to his unbound state.

WHO IS FABER. I HAVE ASKED LIKE A MILLION TIMES. WHO IS HE. I HAVE READ ALL THE BOOKS AND DONT REMEMBER HIM. TELL ME PLEASE.

> WHO IS FABER. I HAVE ASKED LIKE A MILLION TIMES. WHO IS HE. I HAVE READ ALL THE BOOKS AND DONT REMEMBER HIM. TELL ME PLEASE.

He is the Master Builder, the highest ranking title for the Builders. The Builders are Forerunners who specialize in all manner of world creating. He is also the architect of the Halos. Faber also happens to be a huge -Yoink- and sees no problem with brutal experimentation and torture to get his goals.

He truly is the anti-thesis of the Didact. Gotta read Cryptum and Primordium.

I still don’t think the Didact is the enemy, I believe this new faction is the method to defeating the flood the Prometheans had(I think in the books it was mentioned that they had other plans but the builders went with the Halo rings) but are being put to use by Faber to achieve some other goal.

What if the Master Builder survived Menadict Bias’ attack and later met up with the Born-Didact and forced him to mutate with HIS genes?

The Master Didact then chose to sleep for a very long time… A long time indeed?

I agree. Through the books I never had the feeling that the Didact was a villain. Bornstellar definitely had a sympathetic attitude. I always got the feeling the Didact hated war but found it necessary. I just can’t see him being an “ancient evil.”

> What if the Master Builder survived Menadict Bias’ attack and later met up with the Born-Didact and forced him to mutate with HIS genes?
>
> The Master Didact then chose to sleep for a very long time… A long time indeed?

Maybe, but I doubt we’ll see that. After all Halo: Silentium, the final Forerunner book, comes out after Halo 4. I don’t think we should have to read that just to understand Halo 4 later.

> I agree. Through the books I never had the feeling that the Didact was a villain. Bornstellar definitely had a sympathetic attitude. I always got the feeling the Didact hated war but found it necessary. I just can’t see him being an “ancient evil.”

The Didact embraced brutality as a means of ending prolonged conflict and suffering.
A quick death as opposed to a slow one was his interpretation of the Mantle.
He is very much a warrior who fights to end wars, not start them.

> > What if the Master Builder survived Menadict Bias’ attack and later met up with the Born-Didact and forced him to mutate with HIS genes?
> >
> > The Master Didact then chose to sleep for a very long time… A long time indeed?
>
> Maybe, but I doubt we’ll see that. After all Halo: Silentium, the final Forerunner book, comes out after Halo 4. I don’t think we should have to read that just to understand Halo 4 later.

Isn’t that what the story of Halo4 is for? If we understand everything before H4 is released, where is the sense of discovery?

> > > What if the Master Builder survived Menadict Bias’ attack and later met up with the Born-Didact and forced him to mutate with HIS genes?
> > >
> > > The Master Didact then chose to sleep for a very long time… A long time indeed?
> >
> > Maybe, but I doubt we’ll see that. After all Halo: Silentium, the final Forerunner book, comes out after Halo 4. I don’t think we should have to read that just to understand Halo 4 later.
>
> Isn’t that what the story of Halo4 is for? If we understand everything before H4 is released, where is the sense of discovery?

Yeah, I’m not saying we should get every detail before Halo 4, I’m saying we shouldn’t get Halo 4 and maybe get only a passing explanation as to why the Didact is the way he is and then a few months later have to read a book to get the full story. The game should do that itself.

Remember when 343 said there would be a hint towards the halo 4 enemy in the Halo CEA terminals?

The hint at the end: ‘without the librarian around to temper his rage, these reclaimers might almost prefer the flood’
Could the didact being ‘unbound’ mean ‘without the librarian around to temper his rage’ ?

> Remember when 343 said there would be a hint towards the halo 4 enemy in the Halo CEA terminals?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OddMcMna7oQ
> The hint at the end: ‘without the librarian around to temper his rage, these reclaimers might almost prefer the flood’
> Could the didact being ‘unbound’ mean ‘without the librarian around to temper his rage’ ?

The Librarian is still alive however. Everything has been leading up to something being on Requiem. Mendicant Bias sent Chief there, the Covenant think one of their gods is there and Chakas, an ancient human turned Monitor, has hijacked a UNSC ship and know where to find her.

If the Didact acts up and the Librarian appears, that will be the scolding of a lifetime.