The didact is not our foe!

Alot of people are saying the didact is the ancient evil but i think thats just absurd.
If that was the didact talking at the end of the trailer i think he just meant he was glad to see the librarians plan worked and some life survived.

Also his emblem is red and that generally means corruption in halo so maybe the knights and stuff are just rampant maybe even controlled by faber if hes alive.
Later on in the trailer some of them are blue so maybe those ones are still under the didacts command.

Then we have that ball thing it scans masterchief and then leaves him be.
Masterchief also lowers his weapon when he sees what it is.
Then cortana says we know where hes going which implies they have met him at some point before the trailer.

Greg bear also confirmed awhile back that there are two didacts so maybe this isn’t the didact we all know.

well at the end of the demo chief is knocked out by the AIs so I think he will end up being an ally in the trilogy although for this game maybe he is the enemy until near the end?

There is still another book left in the forerunner trilogy. In Primordium Chakas says that it is all the Didact’s fault and alludes to the Didact’s elusive motives and behavior. We could definitely find out in the third book that he acquires a hatred for Humans.

I still say master builder. That symbol isn’t right al all and the master builder doesn’t have one assigned to him yet

> I still say master builder. That symbol isn’t right al all and the master builder doesn’t have one assigned to him yet

Yeah.

I think like OP said, the red ones are Faber’s and the blue ones are the Didact’s.

> I still say master builder. That symbol isn’t right al all and the master builder doesn’t have one assigned to him yet

It seems like he died in the attack on the forerunner capital world - b/c he was stunned and escape probability was low, plus he hasn’t been mentioned since.

Although none of those things makes it impossible for him to still be alive. If he did live he would probably be bent on universal domination.

Edit: by universal I mean Galactical.

“But without the librarian around to temper his rage, well, these reclaimers might almost prefer the flood.” - 343 Guilty Spark, The Maw Terminal

He may not be the ancient evil, but I still think he’ll be some sort of antagonist.

> > I still say master builder. That symbol isn’t right al all and the master builder doesn’t have one assigned to him yet
>
> It seems like he died in the attack on the forerunner capital world - b/c he was stunned and escape probability was low, plus he hasn’t been mentioned since.
>
> Although none of those things makes it impossible for him to still be alive. If he did live he would probably be bent on universal domination.
>
> Edit: by universal I mean Galactical.

Johnson made it out of similar situations, not to mention the way requiem is built, seems more like a possible prison than a shield world like onyx and so on. One iris, one way in, one way out. Dragging in and disabling any ship venturing close enough to investigate. Sounds like an OPSEC measure to me.

The symbol at the end of the trailer is pretty clearly Didact’s. It may be red, but we don’t know of anyone else with that symbol.

It’s an exact match to the ones found in the H3 Terminals.

> The symbol at the end of the trailer is pretty clearly Didact’s. It may be red, but we don’t know of anyone else with that symbol.
>
> It’s an exact match to the ones found in the H3 Terminals.

Halo 4 E3 2012
Watch from 5:21 onward. You can see that the symbol is not an exact match of Didact’s.

  • It’s red.
  • It’s upside down.
  • It’s missing the center black hectagon. Didact Symbol

> The symbol at the end of the trailer is pretty clearly Didact’s. It may be red, but we don’t know of anyone else with that symbol.
>
> It’s an exact match to the ones found in the H3 Terminals.

Take into account that Faber doesn’t have a symbol assigned to him in canon atm

> “But without the librarian around to temper his rage, well, these reclaimers might almost prefer the flood.” - 343 Guilty Spark, The Maw Terminal
>
> He may not be the ancient evil, but I still think he’ll be some sort of antagonist.

Could mean Faber , if you read the Forerunner books ( I’m guessing you have ) then you’ll know that she had to deal with the Master Builder ( basically black mailing him if he didn’t allow her to collect organic DNA as well as allowing Shield worlds to be built , then she wouldn’t allow any Life worker to help Faber ).

Even thought the symbols a complete match , I still believe that the only thing to enrage the Didact with so much rage , would be the Death of his wife by Humans and that is extremely unlikely as there is a spoiler in Primordium that goes against this theory.Also to top it off Humans loved the Life Shaper along with her beauty.

I think its either Faber acting like a child ( joking ) or it has some Precursor influence .My theory ?If Faber is alive then he has been corrupted by the Precursors.

The only reason I can’t fully go out and say Precursors is the fact that they turn AI’s green instead of red , where as in the E3 demo we can clearly see they’re reddish orange.

But the Didact did not hate humanity.

> Alot of people are saying the didact is the ancient evil but i think thats just absurd.
> If that was the didact talking at the end of the trailer i think he just meant he was glad to see the librarians plan worked and some life survived.
>
>
> Also his emblem is red and that generally means corruption in halo so maybe the knights and stuff are just rampant maybe even controlled by faber if hes alive.
> Later on in the trailer some of them are blue so maybe those ones are still under the didacts command.
>
> Then we have that ball thing it scans masterchief and then leaves him be.
> Masterchief also lowers his weapon when he sees what it is.
> Then cortana says we know where hes going which implies they have met him at some point before the trailer.
>
> Greg bear also confirmed awhile back that there are two didacts so maybe this isn’t the didact we all know.

No, that does not mean they encountered it before. She knew it was going to the Infinity crash-site, that is why Chief said, “Same place we are.”, as he continued towards the Infinity.

I didnt bother to read all the post because I figured it out pretty easily. In the interview I linked Frank says that the red forerunners are Promethean Knights. Which means they are follows of the didact because he is a Promethean. Which means those are forerunner souls inside the robots much like the didacts sphinx in halo cryptum. And the blue ones are more than likely the master builders also frank never gave their name out in the interview. I think the humans and covenant are all caught in a huge civil war with forerunners and the precursors and flood are exposing the truth that they all cant work together even when they have a common enemy.

Link

Btw red for the didact makes more sense to me than blue because the didact is a Promethean and the origin of Promethean in greek mythology is the god that gives humans fire and fire is red.

> I didnt bother to read all the post because I figured it out pretty easily. In the interview I linked Frank says that the red forerunners are Promethean Knights. Which means they are follows of the didact because he is a Promethean. Which means those are forerunner souls inside the robots much like the didacts sphinx in halo cryptum. And the blue ones are more than likely the master builders also frank never gave their name out in the interview. I think the humans and covenant are all caught in a huge civil war with forerunners and the precursors and flood are exposing the truth that they all cant work together even when they have a common enemy.
>
> Link

Even though some of what you say makes sense , the War Sphinx with Forerunner souls part because Forerunners have some sort of technology that allows them to do this ( I’m abit tired so I might be off abit ) which allows them to use these particular things which are usually given to the clan of which that Forerunner came from and they can last up to something around 500,000 years - 1,000,000 years.

The part that bugs me is the fact that you are saying the Faber is good and the Didact is bad ?The Didact only fought the ancient humans because they attacked first , he even pitted them after they had lost the war.The Didact still didn’t hold a grudge even after he had lost all of his children in the Ancient Human-Forerunner war.

So please read the comments before you post , and sorry if I’m coming across aggressive.

this thread is why I need the HALO books… who’s Faber?

I know bits about the Didact and the Librarian…

but who’s Faber?

> > “But without the librarian around to temper his rage, well, these reclaimers might almost prefer the flood.” - 343 Guilty Spark, The Maw Terminal
> >
> > He may not be the ancient evil, but I still think he’ll be some sort of antagonist.
>
> Could mean Faber , if you read the Forerunner books ( I’m guessing you have ) then you’ll know that she had to deal with the Master Builder ( basically black mailing him if he didn’t allow her to collect organic DNA as well as allowing Shield worlds to be built , then she wouldn’t allow any Life worker to help Faber ).
>
> Even thought the symbols a complete match , I still believe that the only thing to enrage the Didact with so much rage , would be the Death of his wife by Humans and that is extremely unlikely as there is a spoiler in Primordium that goes against this theory.Also to top it off Humans loved the Life Shaper along with her beauty.
>
> I think its either Faber acting like a child ( joking ) or it has some Precursor influence .My theory ?If Faber is alive then he has been corrupted by the Precursors.
>
> The only reason I can’t fully go out and say Precursors is the fact that they turn AI’s green instead of red , where as in the E3 demo we can clearly see they’re reddish orange.
>
> But the Didact did not hate humanity.

. Who is faber. I read the book and cant remember him.

> > I didnt bother to read all the post because I figured it out pretty easily. In the interview I linked Frank says that the red forerunners are Promethean Knights. Which means they are follows of the didact because he is a Promethean. Which means those are forerunner souls inside the robots much like the didacts sphinx in halo cryptum. And the blue ones are more than likely the master builders also frank never gave their name out in the interview. I think the humans and covenant are all caught in a huge civil war with forerunners and the precursors and flood are exposing the truth that they all cant work together even when they have a common enemy.
> >
> > Link
>
> Even though some of what you say makes sense , the War Sphinx with Forerunner souls part because Forerunners have some sort of technology that allows them to do this ( I’m abit tired so I might be off abit ) which allows them to use these particular things which are usually given to the clan of which that Forerunner came from and they can last up to something around 500,000 years - 1,000,000 years.
>
> The part that bugs me is the fact that you are saying the Faber is good and the Didact is bad ?The Didact only fought the ancient humans because they attacked first , he even pitted them after they had lost the war.The Didact still didn’t hold a grudge even after he had lost all of his children in the Ancient Human-Forerunner war.
>
> So please read the comments before you post , and sorry if I’m coming across aggressive.

its cool, I understand too. Its very complicated so its hard to tell who is bad and who isnt. Thats the whole mystery. I actually like the didact alot he was my favorite character and what that name means in greek is the teacher…so im sure I could learn alot from him. Maybe the humans are attacking them more than he is attacking them ya know? like trying to take over the shield world or because masterchief blew up the halos they might of needed to use. I need to brush up on some of my halo history I know but regaurdlesss its all too complicated right now to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Faber is the Master Builder , basically the Forerunner that said the Halo’s needed to be built.

He was the mean antagonist in the first Forerunner book.

Halo Wiki - Faber aka Master Builder