The Didact and Jul 'Mdama

At end of Spartan Ops, the Requiem had been destroyed. And after I rewatched it I started to think about, is Didact won’t be angry at Jul 'Mdama because of this? After that there is a new question came up, or is it possible that the Didact ordered to Jul to find the Janus Key and then destroy Requiem?
What did you think Spartans?

I’m interested in knowing if their is any connection between the two, or if they have had confrontation.

Could easily be either one of your theories. Perhaps someone else can shine more light?

I doubt Jul would do anything that could piss off the Didact. Then again, does he even know that he’s alive?

Remember that Spartan Ops is after “The next 72 hours”. Its quite possible they talked and the didact is just busy elsewhere.

I believe the Didact had some sort of influence in the matter… it would explain how Jul 'Mdama found the Librarian’s Rest, and knew of a possible gift, the Janus Key… also how he had a Promethean Durance and Promethean soul… to which he elected to allow the Humans to escape with it. Perhaps all the events of Spartan Ops was too distract the only capable enemy vessel in the Didact’s eyes… the UNSC Infinity?

Keep in mind that the Didact’s symbol flashed over the command console when Jul set Requiem on its self destruct course.

Jul’s faction has lost a decent number of ships, The Didact clearly lacks the ability to wipe out the UNSC in a single swoop as he could have done with Mantle’s Approach.

There was likely no way they could have continued to prevent the UNSC from taking Requiem, its shipyards, its secrets. Even if they could have returned to kick them off later, denying them contact with such a valuable asset would be worth it. Especially since Infinity was supposed to go down with the planet.

> I believe the Didact had some sort of influence in the matter… it would explain how Jul 'Mdama found the Librarian’s Rest, and knew of a possible gift, the Janus Key… also how he had a Promethean Durance and Promethean soul… to which he elected to allow the Humans to escape with it. Perhaps all the events of Spartan Ops was too distract the only capable enemy vessel in the Didact’s <mark>eyes</mark>… the UNSC Infinity?

I think you mean eye.

In other news, Jul 'Mdama is totally being used by the Ur-Didact for disposable henchmen right now. That much became clear to me in Spartan Ops.

Well the Didact is his nobility… and pride… justifies that the Sangheili are still primitives.

But my concern is what happens when the Didact starts turning on the Covenant Remnants… or rather perhaps just uses them as fodder for his six new composers, when the Flood return?

> Well the Didact is his nobility… and pride… justifies that the Sangheili are still primitives.
>
> But my concern is what happens when the Didact starts turning on the Covenant Remnants… or rather perhaps just uses them as fodder for his six new composers, when the Flood return?

What if Jul turns on the Didact first. After all, aside from his personal vendetta against humanity, his ultimate goal is to ensure Sangheili dominance in the galaxy.

While it was probably a massive surprise to find out that the Didact was actually alive and not just a long gone name Jul can drop to get fanatics drawn to his side in the search of Forerunner technology, would Jul actually truly be loyal enough to serve the Didact for long?

The novels already cover the fact that he isn’t the religious type. He’s practical in that he sees through Forerunner tech not as godly gifts but for exactly what it is, a technological marvel that can be adapted for his own use. That’s where the novels dropped off…

So since then we have no clue if the Didact’s appearance has actually spurred Jul to pledge his complete and utter loyalty within his mind rather than what we see superficially on the surface, or if the Didact’s appearance and personal crusade against humanity is a convenience that Jul would exploit on the path to bringing his people back to glory.

Of course…with that being said, it would be tough to ensure the loyalty of a Covenant remnant built up of the most fanatical to turn against a living god…unless… that god was directly shown to be vulnerable and not as all knowing as previously conceived…