The Definition of "Fan Appreciation"

Listen, this game is nothing to complain about. It’s truly the definition of “fan appreciation.” It’s a remake of the original Halo game that true fans know and love. They left it exactly the same so that these true fans could relive the start of the franchise with remastered graphics and music.

Do you see other current games/game companies doing things like this for their fans? Does CoD ever go back and remake their originals? Other games never do anything for their fans, let alone make a complete remake of the original with a bunch of new maps for only 40 dollars. This is an absolute steal, it my opinion. There aren’t many developers that put the amount of love that Bungie did, and it looks like 343i is continuing with that.

Plus, Halo is one of the only games that does an excellent job of consistently balancing the Campaign and Multiplayer. Most of the time, games focus on either the Campaign (BioShock, Uncharted, MGS), or the MP (CoD, Battlefield, etc.). Halo is one of the few titles that consistently has a deep, compelling story, a great, replayable multiplayer, Forge mode for “sandboxing,” and also has a theater mode that not many others can match.

I, for one, love the fact that they understand that the true fans are what keeps the franchise alive, and I love the fact that they do things like this specifically for them. It’s far from Call of Duty copying and pasting the same code into a different set of maps every year.

Bottom line being; They clearly care more about the fans than any other current franchise, and complaining about this game is absolutely absurd in my opinion.

I completely agree with you 100%

I already liked the original campaign, but what they did with the visuals is amazing. Unlike other remakes that slap HD on the tittle and end up looking worse. The sound effects for the weapons are amazing. Plus you also get the choice to play with the original or remastered soundtrack. I’m happy with my purchase.

> > Do you see other current games/game companies doing things like this for their fans?
>
> Yes.
>
> Clearly you know about Golden Eye Reloaded and MGS, yes?
>
>
> > Does CoD ever go back and remake their originals?
>
> No, because Activision is too busy planning on how to milk the CoD franchise even more.
>
> We get it already. Infinity Ward and Activision are the laughing stock of the gaming industry.
>
>
> > Other games never do anything for their fans, let alone make a complete remake of the original with a bunch of new maps for only 40 dollars.
>
> 1. CEA Came with Reach multiplayer. That negates multiplayer as a passable part of the game. Which means $40 for a remastered multiplayer is still pretty expensive.
> 2. These are not “new” maps. They are just fan favorites from past Halo games.
> 3. Your fanboy is showing. There are plenty of remakes out there. 343 isn’t the first one to do this.
>
>
>
> > There aren’t many developers that put the amount of love that Bungie did
>
> lol, you’re right on that one.
> I don’t think there are any developers who could tolerate destroying their own franchise because they were tired of making it.

Excellent post. I fully agree.

I definitely agree with the OP. I’ve been jamming this nonstop for two days now. Soooo good. And by the by, the Terminals are mad awesome and incredibly well done. Just found the Terminal on the mission Keyes. Crazy stuff.

Thank you for tagging me in the post,For me <mark>I love Halo no matter what</mark>!
<strong>I’ve been waiting for a remake of <mark>Halo 1</mark> or <mark>atleast get my hands on it now I have</mark> and not to mentioned <mark>it’s remade and I can switch graphics at anytime I want</mark>.</strong>
My god everytime I play it just can’t make up my mind to play in Classic Mode or Remastered. I wanna see how it was 10 years ago and how it is 10 years later.
From what I see from Halo CEA would be what Halo 4 would be.
<strong><mark>343i is doing a good job with the Halo</mark>,</strong>
Just like what you said ‘’<mark>Not most companies would do that</mark>’’ but
COD sorta did ‘‘remade’’,Well let me example what I mean:Well it’s just <mark>a port of the first two games</mark> and then only <mark>add an extra mission</mark> and claim it to be a new game even when it’s not.
<strong>I mostly bought <mark>Halo</mark> <mark>for the experinece rather than mutliplayer.</mark>Such as Campagin,Forge and Theater.</strong>
I learn more about Halo everytime I play the games and the storyline. I hope they could make a Halo 2 anniversary or a port towards the console that we could download. I know McGee did it with Alice in Wonderland (Might be wrong though) and so did Crysis.

> I already liked the original campaign, but what they did with the visuals is amazing. Unlike other remakes that slap HD on the tittle and end up looking worse. The sound effects for the weapons are amazing. Plus you also get the choice to play with the original or remastered soundtrack. I’m happy with my purchase.

This x1000
343 has my trust

i full agree man. COd its not i dont like it but i mean the campaing suc…

cause the mayority of their games has not a specific story it all repeated, nazis world war l and ll, i mean they teach us that sotry on school.

Well said. Well said indeed. I salute you. I Agree 1000%. The complainers are the ones who never played it back in 2001 and do not appreciate it for what it is. A masterpiece.

Bungie did great until reach. Then they left a pile of crap on 343 to clean up. Bungie did great with making all the halos except reach. They will be forever known for this. But it is in 343’s shoes now. And with this anniversary, I have hope that Halo 4 is going to be Great.

I think Halo 4 will be great if they take more of the things that were used in Halo 3 rather than drawing from the things that Reach put in place.

The game was Perfect

Preach it to the choir baby!

i 100% agree with u on the campaign side, on the multiplayer side…eh not so much. theres still bloom with the AR and the Magnum, which to me is big, and there arent a big variety of maps. hopefully future CEA DLC?! :smiley: that would be true fan appreciation, if they were able to implement what the majority of the community truley wants

Actually, Konami released Twin Snakes, a complete remake of Metal Gear Solid, for the Gamecube. Nintendo released all the Super Mario Bros. games on the GBA, and Hal Laboratories remade/re-imagined Kirby Superstar. A remake of a great game isn’t unheard of, but not being the first doesn’t mean it’s a bad idea.

I have yet to play HCEA, but I’m looking forward to it like I have very few other games. I think Halo: Combat Evolved is one of the best shooters I’ve ever played. I’m not going to let the haters get me down.

Game is amazing, beautiful, and fun in every way that doesn’t involve multiplayer. Co-Op and MM sucks like crazy.

As much as I love single player, they should have released this as a $20 XBLA title.

You know, I sort of came down on 343 in my very first post on these forums and I really want to take it back after seeing this game and the fact that there is no question that a ton of money was spent on making it what “WE” would like. The same but better using means available now.

They did that. And thank you for it.

Bravo on the post! I love the game (and any halo game for that matter) The only Problem I have with it is that the MP side doesn’t have the normal reach maps (Reflection. Forge world, and so on) This wouldn’t be a problem, but every now and then when playing reach I’ll get an error that exits the game which counts as a quit when playing MP… But other than that, Great game and is worth more than the $40 I paid for it!

I love the graphics. I love that they brought back the original game play, the maps, and even the sluggish hog controls. Playing through the first few levels on Legendary these past few nights only shows how dumbed down they have made the campaigns since … I’ve never struggled so much against the Covenant with no skulls. I died like 10 times trying to take out the 4 or 5 elites above you on the landing in PoA alone.

But the music and sound effects … ehh … how could they leave that “it’s time to get down to business” dragging, super-serious note when Keyes first gives Chief the Magnum in the beginning? That was just epic music. And the weapon sound effects don’t sound nearly as intimidating. They wuss’d 'em. The plasma pistol really sounds like a pea shooter now.

The skulls are also kind of stupid. I’ve decided that Bandana must be for the FF Arcade junkies from Reach (I’m not a fan of Arcade, it’s not Halo at all). Foreign is just silly … not being able to use the Covie weapons takes half of the fun out of the campaign.

Those are my only complaints, none of which actually effect the game play (I won’t be bothering with LASO or Mythic runs, so the skulls aren’t a big deal at all) so I’m about 95% content and good with what I dropped my $40 on.

Kudos, 343.