The DDOS attacks on halo 3 are ridiculous

If you use wireshark to monitor your network you will receive packet flooding attacks at least 1 of every 3 matches in team doubles This results in being booted from the game or lagging extremely bad. Most people just think the lag is “random”. I don’t care about boosters I just hate cheaters.

There’s no shortage of DDoS attacks in Reach either.

Some of the MLG pros live in fear of DDoS attackers. Some MLG pros like Formal even pay people off so they don’t hit them offline.

Reason #1 not to have a visible rank that morons will do literally anything to achieve. People somehow willing to pay for a number that means nothing drive a market for hackers who DDoS their way to fast 50s to sell.

> There’s no shortage of DDoS attacks in Reach either.
>
> Some of the MLG pros live in fear of DDoS attackers. Some MLG pros like Formal even pay people off so they don’t hit them offline.

Or they could just get a new account, cheaper in the long run.

> > There’s no shortage of DDoS attacks in Reach either.
> >
> > Some of the MLG pros live in fear of DDoS attackers. Some MLG pros like Formal even pay people off so they don’t hit them offline.
>
> Or they could just get a new account, cheaper in the long run.

Formal streams, isn’t easy to hide that new account.

I got host booted all the time when I live streamed Halo 3 ranked. They would purposley wait too when I got an account to lvl 49 then attack me. Some guy would start matching the same time I was, get in my game, and host boost me all night long. It’s half the reason I no longer play ranked anymore.

Halo 3 is such a great game and the ranking system is fantastic imo. Too bad it got ruined by all the cheaters and exploits. Now I barely play what I used to only exclusivity play back in the 2007-2009 era.

Host, network manipulation and DDOS cheaters were the worst in Halo 3. Less in Reach but that’s just because of the population size and game popularity.

Getting a 50 in objective playlist was insanely hard as a single Aussie player. It took a long time but it’s still one of the things I’m most proud of in Halo, a clean record without ever cheating and obtaining 50 in my favourite playlist.

Slayer 50’s were too easy so I have no idea why they would even bother cheating in the first place.

> I got host booted all the time when I live streamed Halo 3 ranked. They would purposley wait too when I got an account to lvl 49 then attack me. Some guy would start matching the same time I was, get in my game, and host boost me all night long. It’s half the reason I no longer play ranked anymore.

And thats why I gave up Ranked and stuck to Social. I remember the frustration of getting host booted, especially when my team was winning.

Before I leave just want everyone to know the 2 worst players who boot to get their 50 in MLG and are legit 40’s are Parkyy and Limbo TT.

Even if he got a new account that does not change his IP address and with him streaming it would not stop the losers who ddos

I had a few 50s in HALO 3 but the ones were I got cheated almost every other game was SQUAD BATTLE
I LOST THAT 50 about 3 different times but I always got it back

Derankers weren’t the problem it was the cheaters .

And anyone that says this is why we shouldn’t have a RANKING SYSTEM just a heads up were do you think the cheaters will go if there’s NO RANKED – They will continue to cheat in social playlist why because they can .

343i you need to put a stop to people cheating in ALL OLD AND NEW HALO GAMES