The Cylixes (Ending Spoiler)

Every cylix in halo infinite had an outline of the species it contained, even with the flood infection form. The cylixes in the end cutscene didn’t have a clear outline, making me wonder if it’s just a symbol. But why would what I assume to be the endless not have an outline if the harbinger had one as well? Because of the lack of a clear outline and different color from the Harbinger’s cylix, I don’t think that what was in there was the same species (I forgot the name). Does anyone have any ideas of what is in there? Maybe Precursors?

3 Likes

Honeslty I thinknits just a place holder cause 343i don’t have a real plan in place going forward.
Not a slight towards the studio just the impression I got.

1 Like

The harbingers outline being unique compared to the others is definitely hard to explain but from what ive gathered so far. I think that is their acutal form. The harbinger makes several statements making her sound kind of like the forerunners own cortana. Refering to the forerunners as the creators and the endless as their creations. She also talks of the forerunners being sacred of losing their power to their creations just like they themsves did to the precursors. I think they could be some kind of organic A.I. that was like the prometheans as that would explain the strange shape. But after realizing they couldnt be purged by the rings. They realized their mistake with making the species organic leading to the last second creation of the much harsher “robotic” prometheans we all know and hate. Then tried to fix their mistake. Flood plus a species that can survive the halos equals game over. This is all just my speculation though :man_shrugging:

I think it is possible the Harbinger’s Cylix did have the symbol on it before it opened. Once opened, it had her outline, at least that’s how I interpreted it.
As for why the Endless’ Cylix have a symbol vs a species outline? We’ll, I think it comes down to their significance. The symbol on their Cylixes could be the Forerunner equivalent to “Very dangerous do not open” or something like that. Also why they are red whereas the other species Cylixes are blue (the flood one should be red also, but that was just meant as an Easter egg I think,

1 Like

You can see it closed with the same symbol as the one opened in one of the outposts as a hologram.

1 Like

Even if 343 don’t know exactly what are the endless, the fact they use a new symbol on their Cylix is the proof they are something we didn’t see yet, so no the Harbinger

1 Like