The Cyclops Mark II

Reference.

Why is it still called the Cyclops? It bears no resemblance to the Cyclops from Halo Wars.

Instead it bears a striking resemblance to the Mantis. It has the same flat and squat body. The same arms that lack “shoulders” and connect to the underside of the body. The same reverse knee joints. Even the same weapon loadouts: Gatling gun on the right, rockets on the left.

The biggest difference is that it’s bigger. Significantly bigger. It should be called the Mantis Mk II.

Its a major upgrade to a 30 year old model. I think it might look a bit different.

Because its the second version…

And, I believe it is known as the Mantis now. Cyclops II is just another name I bet.

We know nothing of the lore so this is a pretty big leap in conclusions.
It’s also pretty racist in logic justification, especially with all of the graphical updates to previous defined structures and suits.

> Because its the second version…
>
>
> And, I believe it is known as the Mantis now. Cyclops II is just another name I bet.

Everyone called it the Cyclops II because that was the only name we had for it at the time.

Since then we’ve seen it’s younger brother the Mantis.

> It’s also pretty racist in logic justification, especially with all of the graphical updates to previous defined structures and suits.

The vehicles may have been graphically updated, but going from a standard leg structure to a reverse knee system is too much to be blamed on graphical updates.

> > Because its the second version…
> >
> >
> > And, I believe it is known as the Mantis now. Cyclops II is just another name I bet.
>
> Everyone called it the Cyclops II because that was the only name we had for it at the time.
>
> Since then we’ve seen it’s younger brother the Mantis.

Well, then I assume it’s just the Mantis II. Has nay conical sources called it the Cyclops II?

I would agree with you, but this wouldn’t be the 1st thing that halo wars showed differently than every other source. Remember the suicide grunts? and all of the ships in the game? no resemblance whatsoever to their game counterparts.

> > > Because its the second version…
> > >
> > >
> > > And, I believe it is known as the Mantis now. Cyclops II is just another name I bet.
> >
> > Everyone called it the Cyclops II because that was the only name we had for it at the time.
> >
> > Since then we’ve seen it’s younger brother the Mantis.
>
> Well, then I assume it’s just the Mantis II. Has nay canonical sources called it the Cyclops II?

Fixed.

And nope.

> > Because its the second version…
> >
> >
> > And, I believe it is known as the Mantis now. Cyclops II is just another name I bet.
>
> Everyone called it the Cyclops II because that was the only name we had for it at the time.
>
> Since then we’ve seen it’s younger brother the Mantis.

Actually it’s name is confirmed to be Cyclops Mark II

> > > Because its the second version…
> > >
> > >
> > > And, I believe it is known as the Mantis now. Cyclops II is just another name I bet.
> >
> > Everyone called it the Cyclops II because that was the only name we had for it at the time.
> >
> > Since then we’ve seen it’s younger brother the Mantis.
>
> Actually it’s name is confirmed to me Cyclops Mark II

Sauce?

> I would agree with you, but this wouldn’t be the 1st thing that halo wars showed differently than every other source. Remember the suicide grunts? and all of the ships in the game? no resemblance whatsoever to their game counterparts.

?

Either way, it’s all a Holo-deck, so none of the objects or machines in matchmaking are real anyway. Though the Cyclops could be a large Mantis that was being disassembled and reassembled to fit ‘repair’ needs like in Halo Wars, explaining the rocket launcher and Gatling gun.

> > > > Because its the second version…
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > And, I believe it is known as the Mantis now. Cyclops II is just another name I bet.
> > >
> > > Everyone called it the Cyclops II because that was the only name we had for it at the time.
> > >
> > > Since then we’ve seen it’s younger brother the Mantis.
> >
> > Actually it’s name is confirmed to me Cyclops Mark II
>
> Sauce?

I can’t remember exactly so you’re going to have to trust me, but Frakie has called it that multiple times.

> > I would agree with you, but this wouldn’t be the 1st thing that halo wars showed differently than every other source. Remember the suicide grunts? and all of the ships in the game? no resemblance whatsoever to their game counterparts.
>
> ?

I’m saying that like many things in halo wars, it may have been portarayed differently that what it really is.

> > > I would agree with you, but this wouldn’t be the 1st thing that halo wars showed differently than every other source. Remember the suicide grunts? and all of the ships in the game? no resemblance whatsoever to their game counterparts.
> >
> > ?
>
> I’m saying that like many things in halo wars, it may have been portarayed differently that what it really is.

All of the units in the game that were from existing games at the very least resembled their incarnations.

Halo Wars Ghosts looked like Ghosts. HW Wraiths like Wraiths. HW Warthogs like Warthogs.

> I can’t remember exactly so you’re going to have to trust me, but Frakie has called it that multiple times.

:confused:

Erm, reverse knee joints? It has normal knee joints. The leg structure resembles that of digitigrades.

> Erm, reverse knee joints? It has normal knee joints. The leg structure resembles that of digitigrades.

IIRC, that’s what they called them back when I played MechWarrior. Either that or Chicken Legs.

Absolutely not the Mantis.

You can compare the images. Apart from similar design philosophies (rotary cannon in clay like aperture, missile pods, biped) the Cyclops is MUCH larger. Has a larger missile pod. Has what appears to be a radar. Heavier armor. And a more distributed design.

> Absolutely not the Mantis.
>
> You can compare the images. Apart from similar design philosophies (rotary cannon in clay like aperture, missile pods, biped) the Cyclops is MUCH larger. Has a larger missile pod. Has what appears to be a radar. Heavier armor. And a more distributed design.

Of course it’s not the Mantis.

It’s the Mantis Mk. II.