The current state of Halo4 and suggestions.

First of all; I want to say that I’ve been a Halo fan since CE. Absolutely awesome game/series in both campaign and MM, excluding Reach although Reach campaign was OK, and I’d like to know … who dropped the ball!!!

Here’s the short list of issues with H4:

1. No dedicated servers … truly stupid on an epic level, tired of unbalanced games. Don’t talk about $$$, you blew that needlessly with CEA and the Machinima mini series.

2. Camo as a load out … really? If you wanna do that then go with overshield, speed boost and damage boost as load outs as well. If not, get invis back where it needs to be in the random drop. These were always map powerups and that’s what they were meant to be so put them in play as such with the random drops. Also, get boltshot OUT of the loadouts. It is a 1 SHOT KILL WEAPON. POWER WEAPONS COME DOWN IN DROPS!!

3. Using a BRAND NEW, un tried server system for MM. Is it any wonder that you spend half the game looking for connections with the host jumping all over the place? Good way to commit MM hari kari 343, thanx for that.

4. Get someone who actually knows what they are doing with map creations. I’ve played all the maps that I know of and there are exactly 2 that are symmetrical and balanced, well, 1 really but the other will suffice. In order, they are Ragnarok and Haven. The rest of the maps look like poorly designed and even more poorly executed 4th grade science projects. If I may suggest; get your H3 map designer back to work, the current designer is on crack.

5. Putting a quit ban in place on a MM system that is undeniably broken … really? So WE should suffer for YOUR imcompetence with the networking?!! Really!! MAYBE the players want to find a game with a balanced connection, maybe they want to have an ENJOYABLE game, MAYBE they don’t even mind losing if the game is well played and the shots register. I love a 59-60 game!! They’re awesome!!

6. Last but not least, a skill ranking system that isn’t due out until next year!! Really!! That was a complaint for the ENTIRE duration of Reach that there wasn’t one in place and you STILL put off putting one in place!! Outrageous!!

This is a very mild example of what I’m seeing in the forums that I am a member of.

ive been on back up server for over 3 days, so i created a new tag and it has no problem connecting to the server, so whats the problem? and ive been on here with countless other individuals searching for a answer or atleast an explanation for the problems we are having, but i havent seen one word from a 343 rep so how do we know they have even started fixing it. looks like to me these ppl have no pride in their product and a total lack of respect and gratitude for their customers and fan base… off to buy black ops 2

View Postm.dot, on 28 November 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:
I’m so sick of this. Over four days for me now. There is no support and or answers. If they want to keep their customers they need to start giving us some updates or answers quck.

View PostTheOneWhoKnocks, on 28 November 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:
Yet still no word from 343. They are denying service for over 4 days now and we have been in the dark the entire time. 343 has no place in creating halo it should have been stayed as a trilogy. They can’t do anything right with this game.

Folks, you have a good game, quit messing it up. Put the proper fixes in place and put them on dedicated servers. The halo fans are sick and tired of being treated as 3rd rate citizens. We DESERVE better than this and I am truly disappointed. Several of the 343 staff have been with Halo since CE and I and the rest of the Halo players EXPECTED BETTER THAN THIS. This was a 1/2 baked release … at best. You’ve done serious damage to this awesome series. Hurry up and get these fixes in place before it’s too late!!

it is sad that reach was a more complete game than this

good points OP

Also, get nades back in swat as per H2 and H3. Currently, a game of swat takes NO less time than a game of slayer. In H2 & 3, this camping crap didn’t happen. Let’s go ahead and fix this as well.

I could honestly forget the avalanche of issues if they just had dedicated servers. Im seriously at that point. Every match I have theres at least 2 or 3 “Are you F*cking serious, did that just happen to me moments”. I would rate my home connection as Average but not bad.

Spread the word to reply to this post!!

No.

Also, you act like you think your opinion is so great. I suggest you change that.

My opinion is reflected by 10s of thousands

and stop the deal where you stutterstep when you’re being shot in the back, Really, you want to encourage bk chasers? Really? Can we have someone who has a top skill of more than 3 make some of these decisions?

> No.
>
> Also, you act like you think your opinion is so great. I suggest you change that.

And you sound like a whiny gamer who’s afraid they’ll lose their host advantage and actually have to play a game on a level playing field.

Also, my opinion is important, I don’t pay for 1/2 done products. It’s an insult.

> > No.
> >
> > Also, you act like you think your opinion is so great. I suggest you change that.
>
> And you sound like a whiny gamer who’s afraid they’ll lose their host advantage and actually have to play a game on a level playing field.
>
> Also, my opinion is important, I don’t pay for 1/2 done products. It’s an insult.

Well you did in your eyes. I don’t have any of the issues above and I enjoy the game. It has issues but it hasn’t stopped me from playing and having fun.

Stop tinting the vision when we have a power up on. Why do you think I need my sight messed with when I’m playing a FPS game?

My suggestions:

• There’s 10 maps on the disc, only 7 are in match making. They need to be in MM. Don’t release a trailer and try to sell me new maps when there’s unused maps already on the disc

• the Boltshot … good Lord what a failure, nuff said

• BTB with objective game types, their absence is utterly baffling

• Good connection search option … NOW

On Haven, the cracks need to be treated the same as the doors on Snowbound, you can walk through them but you can’t shoot or nade through them. Let’s work on making camping a thing of the past.

Reach was the bomb IMO, just putting it out there. It was the last game from Bungie and they put everything they had into it. I know as soon as Destiny comes out, I’m hopping on that -Yoink-. I don’t give a -Yoink- if Activision is publishing it, it just means Microsoft isn’t putting their office-based society in a game.

Now that I got that off my chest, lets point out the fact that 343i is a child company of Microsoft. Bungie hated Microsoft and was able to get MS to hop off because Bungie grew some balls and told them to shove it. 343i needs to do the same if Halo 5 is to be better. A lot better.

Ignore the “Good Connection” search. It’s a misleading, as Microsoft and all known affiliated companies put into action, statement.

It doesn’t mean you’ll end up in a game with a better connection, it means that you will play against other players that are also looking for a better connection. If you really want a good game, short of this company providing dedicated servers, the best thing to do is close your NAT.

> Ignore the “Good Connection” search. It’s a misleading, as Microsoft and all known affiliated companies put into action, statement.
>
> It doesn’t mean you’ll end up in a game with a better connection, it means that you will play against other players that are also looking for a better connection. If you really want a good game, short of this company providing dedicated servers, the best thing to do is close your NAT.

Interesting statement, I have my own theory about host selection, poor connections and strict/moderate NAT’s.

Would you mind sharing what you mean exactly by this, just wondering if we agree.

Any time man,hit me up

> I don’t give a -Yoink!- if Activision is publishing it, it just means Microsoft isn’t putting their office-based society in a game.

All the Activision-Bungie team up means is that Activision runs the marketing.
(atleast, that’s how it was explained to me)

Other than that, Activision doesn’t have any effect on the game.

Since you already know about the game, the fact Activision is connected shouldn’t mean a thing.

> Any time man,hit me up

Thanks. Just tried to send you a PM, but not sure that it sent OK, seems to be sitting in the Outbox (wherever that is).

Just played my 1st and last game of Dominion. Thank you 343 for completely wrecking what could be a good list. When I say that I mean to say thank you scrubs for putting camo/stealth/boltshot combined as loadouts. All the other team had the same thing on and it was truly garbage. I knew this was gonna happen but no, 343, a group with a combined high skill of 5 thinks they know how to game better and has more sense than someone who’s been gaming for 30 years.

Fix the load outs. Get rid of boltshot, power weapon, and camo, power up, from the load outs. Holy cow, it’s not rocket science. Is it not simply easier to admit you made a mistake and fix it.

Sick of bad decisions.