The creation of Halo 4

> It’s quite a long thread, but I’m sure it’s enjoyable.

Introduction:

Favorite this thread, you know you want to. I doubt you’ll be able to read it all in one sitting.

*IF YOU CHECK BACK HERE OFTEN:
incomplete link

-Some links will be broken, this thread was transcripted and edited from Bnet, they will be fixed.

After an entire year in the making (of procrastination) I’ve edited this thread, deleted, added and relocated sections.

I’m taking a break.

…Enjoy

(This thread covers many features, from campaign to forge)

> +++++++++++++++++FLOODFIGHT+++++++++++++++++

I was thinking of Nzi(The actual word is blocked) zombies in CoD, and I wondered if Halo could integrate this, and I get an idea…
Flood. Yes, the flood! How could this not be a gamemode yet? It’s an amazing idea, floodfight.
It’s not in the firefight playlist, it’s in a separate section, or (as I anticipate) floodfight would be chosen over normal firefight.
If you haven’t figured it out yet, this new playlist will be centered around fighting the flood.
I have a few ideas- but first of all: Floodfight isn’t target practice. The flood are (is? Flood is singular, but in this context…) relentless.

Music:
Flood music in Defense gametypes, something exciting to the senses, such as Reclaimer. In Halo 2 driving the spectre with Reclaimer in the background was one of my favorite moments in Halo 2.

Elements of the game:
Just like invasion slayer, if an objective is held for long enough against the flood, you receive a reward.
In floodfight, it’s just slightly different- Capture zones further out from where you started give better rewards. Does not apply in infestation/escape gametype. (Explained later)

Vehicles= A flaming, heavily damaged and seemingly infected pelican (Or whatever we have as transport) drops off your prize for certain objectives. If you watch, it will crash before clearing the horizon.

Troops= ODST’s drop in from HEV’s, If the player(s) is an elite, a few elites might come instead. Both ODST and elite can be infected if they are not kept safe, as well players.
-Using the D-pad, the player should have the ability to direct low-value allies that have joined. (This is probably one of the more unimportant features) I would say four grunts, one for each player, or either eight, two for one.

Weapons= Ordnance drops are made by longswords, the longsword will streak past you, ditching your prize up to 40-feet away. The longsword will streak past extremely close to the ground, it’s simply more exciting if it were closer.

-Dead players can be infected by flood spores.

-Another thing, every reward should be earned. there can’t be free, worthless ODST drops, the player feels no need to protect, care, or has a sense of ownership.
Before I go into gametypes, this idea may be a little too radical for some, but I always felt if a spore got you from behind it should infect you, especially with four players and possible AI on your team.

Gametypes:
Floodfight is an outdoors kind of game, indoors in infestation/escape is unacceptable, although defense could have one or two indoors maps.
Defense-Easy enough to understand, it’s like firefight, survive in your compound, but map direction is anything but random. The defense area should be nice and cozy, like Crater on heroic. In Defense, there are also many much-needed breaks that allow player(s) to just barely retrieve a weapon (just like in ODST firefight) or venture out further and try to grab (and defend against a momentarily stronger wave of flood) a few allies from a drop. Another featurem, is a flood-colored fog a distance out of the compound players are in, the distance a player can see through the fog is about half of what you can see in lone wolf.

Escape! -Escape would be based around the general idea of the last mission of Halo CE and Halo 3. Unlike infestation, there is no stockpile of weapons in the beginning, but players spawn with a set vehicles in order to drive to the destination. BUT- The maps, and the goal of the gametype should be designed nowhere similar to the CE and 3’s last mission. This shouldn’t be any sort of damn maze with an objective you have to get to, or a map with hundreds of buildings, structures should be minimal, unless you are fighting IN one. I really like the idea of a simple, really flat countryside with the dense flood-colored fog surrounding you, you can’t see very far. Why? Your goal isn’t to get the hell out of there as soon as possible with a timer mocking you as you go. Floodfight in general is not campaign. This is different in a way, because in campaign Escape would become a race, with flood added for no reason other than environment. So what happens? The flood is disregarded. All the stress goes onto racing as fast as you can. Anyways, this infestation/escape gametype can be integrated in a variety of ways, and if so, I’m particularly interested to see how well 343 takes it, and how far -Hopefully not off a cliff, but… perhaps 343’ll find better at the bottom, this escape concept was written a little vague on purpose.
(The trick to not turning this into a racing game is to not put the objective on HUD. The path should be rather obvious, or there could be less flood-colored fog in the direction your objective is in)

Infestation: This is Escape!, but on foot. Call it a mix between defence and escape, since there’s a certain place you will need to get to but on foot, assisted with a small stockpile. This is the gametype where your team is advancing slowly through a long, continuous attack of flood from inside fog, and no- this isn’t the 150-meter-away fog. Depending on map and location, this could very well be the motion tracker sees them before you do kind of fog.

Unlike Escape, THIS gametype can feature an objective marker on HUD. Since there is no vehicle, running too far would just get you overwhelmed by flood. While you are slowly advancing to your destination holding back flood with your teammates, at certain distances a marker will activate on your HUD, giving the location of a place your teammates could hold out for a while to receive units, weapons drops, or just a base/bunker/house to hold off in for a little bit while finding a few rations inside the structure. Throughout the game, these optional drops of units and arms turn up 3 times. Similarly, at a certain time, with a certain score and at a certain distance, something will happen. There will be a pair of hunters fighting flood a little bit off course, they will join you, as long as you can solve the huge problem the pair is facing. Players can also choose to not help them out.
Endnote, if a player ventures too far off-course, in the dense fog the player will first hear bloodcurdling screams, then see tons of red dots sprouting up in the (wrong) direction they should get out of, encouraging the player to turn back before he/she is swarmed by flood.

(Floodfight should handle either four or five players, maybe six so that there’s always enough to fill two warthogs, but be sure the environment is cozy.)

From Orphan’s post-
Flood Spawning
-Flood Dispersal Pods [like on Halo 3’s last mission]
-Running in from fog
-Jumping from rooftops

From WARLORD117 pr-
Flood Dispersal Pods will be announced by a screeching whine as they fall from the sky. This is as to not destroy unaware players. New waves of Flood are announced by bloodcurdling screeches as they enter the battle zone.

Endings
Winning- a phantom/pelican will arrive at your base, or if destination, will be waiting there, and players will just have to just hop on, whoot.
Losing will result in a few flood infected Human and Covenant capital ships trailing through the air and spewing flood everywhere.

Endnotes
When a player dies, they will be dropped in through an HEV instead of spawning on their teammate.
In floodfight AND firefight the game should be designed so the player is always on the verge of action and challenge. Other than short 30-50 second breaks to grab ammo, weapons and allies, the only other breaks that should be given are the time enough to reload a few weapons, the player doesn’t necessarily have to be fighting flood by the time he/she is done reloading, but should by some way understand there would be an engagement coming up in the next few seconds.
Contribution:
The largest contribution to the floodfight topic, by Dragonzzilla, this is something I am very excited for beyond a lot of things, due to the complexity and design of his map.

-Excuse me, but I have a idea. Its kinda from my Book I’m writing. It’s a Floodfight map.

Reaper’s Cudgel
Fight for your life in the depths of a fallen lab-city against the undead horde. But beware; the Flood is not the only thing stalking these ancient halls…

Taking place in a fallen Forerunner lab-city underground, this map would have some similarities with Lone Wolf. On an elevated area with a lab, Flood come from all sides. Forerunner healing pads work the same purpose of Health packs; they can only be used once per [round/wave; I can’t remember] because of the power reserves being so low.
-Editor’s notes: This isn’t something necessary, most likely a waste, but the healing stations could flutter and power out when used twice in a round.
Here are some details.

The Lab: The lab would be the starting place for the Spartans (or Elites). It features science notes and pictures on the walls, but they’re much more advanced and the language cannot be known.

The Lab itself is a building the size of 2-3 scorpions. It has lab tables with sentinel parts and bits and one table has a Forerunner Golem(Editor’s note: Golem. Surrounding the lab is a courtyard of sorts, large and open; Forerunner turrets can be used.

The Outskirts: The outskirts are the area surrounding the lab. Most Flood spawn in this area, dropping from shafts and rising on elevators. A few weapons - which are more valuable than the ones in the lab - are scattered at key points. Going north leads to the “Forge”.

The Forge: The Forge is a special place, having the most valuable weapons of the map. White lava pours from the canals on the walls into molds. No Flood spawn here, and will not pursue players into the Forge for a special reason. Every Round, the Reaper stalks the Forge. More details below…

The Reaper: The Reaper is the ultimate Forerunner warmachine. Designed to fight the Flood, it instills fear even into the Gravemind.

It is extremely tough to kill even on Normal; the Field Marshall is the equivalent. It is immune to headshots and moves at unholy speeds. It bounces off the walls, climbs on the ceiling, and everything!

Killing it not only gives a massive amount of points, but also the Reaper’s Cudgel for the remaining Round. It acts like the Gravity Hammer on a more powerful scale. After the round ends, it disappears out of the holder’s inventory until the Reaper is killed again.

-The best contribution you can make is probably keeping this thread alive, I hope you enjoyed the floodfight section!

> +++++++++++++++++CAMPAIGN+++++++++++++++++

(To be pasted here, a letter to 343)

Halo panel global battle
Watch it until 8:41.
It’s an interesting concept. This is one of the things that seems it could’ve shot Halo: Reach to GOTY, not that Bungie didn’t try to integrate it, but I believe in quality over release date. To comment on the idea, we’ve all looked up to the sky and tried to shoot the banshees or hornets, and we’ve all looked down off a cliff into the horizon and saw huge battles with scorpions, wraiths and warthogs, and… WHY THE HELL AM I UP HERE?
6: 48 for Watercraft prototype footage. Removed because of time shortage?

The first scene of global battle footage takes the player into a destroyed city, it’s more than just explosions with everything going crazy around you, it also gives the level a backbone.
When reflecting on my progress in Reach’s campaign, I felt no invasion, I felt I kept on winning, but then in the end the game twisted and I died with Cortana’s voice. But, I still felt I won! That’s a part where the game didn’t work.

Campaign analysis
This is to be considered.
Halo 1 and 2 had the best campaign for me. Every level was so different from the rest of each other it just couldn’t get boring.
Bungie tried to do this in Reach, believe that. They modeled each level after Halo: CE’s, but that’s really not the way to go. What worked for CE’s storyline was victory. What worked for Reach, was sacrifice. But wait… a death, or sacrifice in a game is nothing when the player isn’t attached to it(Cortana). Campaign is anything but mindless killing, it’s always a sense of objective and belonging.

Also, in Reach was I really didn’t feel the covenant invasion. Gamers, you could say are stupid. If I see that huge covenant installation at the end of nightfall, it’s not going to help me understand an invasion as well as being in a huge forward assault like in tip of the spear. Victory doesn’t mix with death or loss all the time.

Vido not implying we to integrate any of the enemies here, but the massive wildlife and massive landscapes are important, at about halfway. Seeing the “Arctic Eel Whale” picture with the ice and everything, I wonder if next campaign is going to have a massive snow level like in “The control Room”. Now yes, there were moa and guetas in Halo: Reach, but they were so scarce and artificially grouped and placed it’s not worth the disc space.
(By the way, the most important element of a snow-based level? Stealth and SNOW! It has to be snowing! Ice isn’t enough!)

Extracted content here.

Marines shouldn’t be expendable, much less ODST’s. In prior games we felt a greater duty to protect them, but now they’re all expendable, much more boring.
In Halo: CE, because the way the covenant were, in attacks and defensives, you needed marines. When Marines are picked up, the common reaction was “Damn it! Now I have to fight the covenant myself!”
That’s because the covenant were real aliens in CE. The gamer felt isolated from them, a good thing, because really they only said wort wort wort to you, but in Reach (I appreciate the time put into creating the amazingly advanced enemy AI’s) the covenant is just annoying for their damn concussion rifle spam, not scary. Difficulty has nothing to do with fear or suspense.
The feeling between the flood, the covenant, and marines was different in CE and Halo 2.

As earlier, the best a game can be at is when the gamer is at the tip of his/her toes and is using the most of his/her strategies to fight the enemy, it ensures a necessary grasp on gameplay. Too easy, or make it too hard the gamer becomes annoyed or relaxed from the fight. Too many deaths detach the gamer from the story.

> ++++++++++++++++++++MULTIPLAYER +++++++++++++++++++++++

Onto the largest section, finally! Away from that boring campaign stuff.

INVASION
Capturing objectives will be different. Instead of just standing meaninglessly in the circular zone while teabagging with your teammates, my suggestions make the game a little more interactive.
I propose to capture an objective, the player must actually interact with it. By that I mean hold X, or B, whatever you have. After that happens, the player will not be able to shoot, and enter a terminal-like screen in third person. This should just take up half his/her screen to retain environmental awareness.

And I’m not just stopping here,
Invasion could be built around a variation of ideas, some from here.

Invasion should be built highly tactical. Just like in Battlefield, integrate spotting! I’m serious when I say put all the people without mics on one team. I want messages that pop up like for Arena in Halo: Reach telling you seasons and such to remind players they’re playing for the team. Invasion should have waypoints, and communication added! If you’re sitting late at night just going for kills, don’t play invasion.

Invasion can be expanded to great proportions, and should be more invested in. (Power weapons like in the Beta were a great idea!)

Invasion 2.0:
SPARTAN INV-
Objective is to destroy a covenant supercarrier.
Players are dropped off on from pelican for initial spawning.
Inside the pelican, Johnson will be, for example talking about the supercarrier’s stats and such,(dialogue is selected randomly) and will also discuss the objective.

Stages (These can be changed, just giving out ideas)
-Power outage. The elites have took out the power around the SMAC. Spartans will need to get generators running again.
-Control Room. Elites have lockdown on a control room, must re-open the gates/doors.
-Get the coordinates of the supercarrier and fire the SMAC.
Sparatans win: Supercarrier is destroyed.
Elites win: Supercarrier will glass everything.

ELITE INV- Objective to retrieve the index. Elite players are dropped off in phantoms, the elite arbiters in the phantoms discuss the objective, it’s like the opening cutscene of the Arbiter in Halo 2, but in first person. After the drop-off point, players can see the phantoms going out of the map to drop off grunts and attack other locations if you get bored and watch.
-Destroy/power down spartan defenses, AI turrets disable access to places, the elites must avoid a particular hallway where the turret is located down until the turret is neutralized.
-An oracle will descend from a waiting phantom once enough elites have gathered near a specific location, the oracle will begin decoding the door. If it receives too much damage it will teleport away, players must clear a marked zone of enemies for the oracle to resume hacking. In the end, the elites grab the index and bring it to the phantom. Stand under the phantom to be gravity lifted upwards, the elite with the index will be invulnerable when being lifted, and will receive stronger shielding and health as he/she approaches the phantom, this is to keep players from flinging their controllers at their TV if they get blown up two feet away from the lift.
END: Phantom escapes.

ODST Gametype!
Everyone is inserted through H.E.V.s, if this entire thread meant anything, I call for drop pods! If I had to chose one thing that would for sure be put in Halo 4, without a doubt, I request for drop pod integration. Nothing else matters, even floodfight.
Back on topic… Players are dropped from a carrier in the beginning, (similar to the “would you like this new game mode” thread in the Reach forum) everyone wears black ODST armor regardless if they have it or don’t. Jump height is shortened, in short- gametype options are changed to a Halo 3: ODST feel, so the map is less jump-aroundish, it would be more like the smoking battlezone from the ODST trailer.

SPACE COMBAT
A short seciton-
I am not expecting any sort of integration with space combat so, this is written more fun for thought–

Spawns could be a difficult, but there’s nothing wrong with just spawning in docks, or near a team’s spawn, there are indestructible automatic turrets keeping players spawn-safe

Just slayer would be easy, objectives could be hard to integrate, although destroying them could work fine.

PLAYLISTS
-Moa gametypeThread. Press X to hijack moa. Pull right trigger to attack with moa beak. Just posted for entertainment.

-I was thinking about action sack-
Action sack is not popular as it should be, even if this moa gametype were integrated, it still wouldn’t be too popular. If other more crazy gametypes are added, I think a whole new playlist should pop up, instead sticking them all in action sack.
The… Misc. playlist or something, containing everything that gives you this crazy kind of fun you really can’t find in CoD. Alternatively, the playlist contains the crazy maps we find, such as a jenga gametype, skeeball, or one of those maps where explosives and flaming vehicles litter the road and players must get from one end to the other.

Ninja slayer
Active camo, no motion trackers. 10% health, 300% damage and no shields. Only ARs, grenades included. There is one human turret on the map.

Dogfight BTB
Easy enough, phantoms and pelicans, banshees and (insert human vehicle).

Escort 16-8
Escort a civilian transport in a pelican. Your elite counterparts will attempt to destroy the transport in their phantom.

ARMORY 2.0
Now,
Before I begin about the armory… I’m against the very idea of weapon/armor progression, or just playing to unlock something.
The game becomes less about fun and more focused on playing for something, I do NOT like to play to unlock. Unlocking things with achievements is better, but it’s still flawed.
I prefer to not have an unlock system, but whatever… let’s continue.

In the Armory, Credits should be earned one of three ways:

1. Split the screen into half, one side displaying elite earnings, and the other side displaying Spartan earnings. Players receive the “same” amount of credits, but the elites receive in different proportions.
    Example: One headshot in a match, the player could receive 10 credits and 3 stocks. You can purchase for both your elite and spartan later on.

2. Players receive credits/stocks for whichever character chosen. The advantage of this is that the game would last longer.

3. Depending on what the player plays as, credits/stocks are received accordingly.

So, we now have elite customization. No more selecting from a limited category of a few armors everyone unlocks within weeks!
Elite armors could be all these… Councilor
Imperial admiral
Honor guard ultra and,
Honor guard
If anyone has or wants to, I’d appreciate high-def/larger pictures.

Last note, there should be some sort of balancing with the elites, either the gameplay is even more often based on Elite vs Spartan, or the elites would be returned to Halo 3 defaults. Why? Elite customization!

Also, a new section of the armory- assassination unlockables! These assassinations are much cooler than normal assassinations. After purchase, they can be toggled on, off, or sometimes.

Vehicle destruction
One of my top five favorites. This fix is based on the issue of pelican and phantom integration.
When a vehicle is shot down, this feature allows passengers to “bail”. Simply put, the exit vehicle button will have get the player climb of the vehicle, but more specifically, it’s to not die from the exploding vehicle. This solves problems with vehicles like a transport falcon or pelican. Only passengers may achieve this, gunners and pilots have none of the option.

Land vehicles like a scorpion won’t have bail unless a four passenger system is integrated, (Still in first person) players will just cover themselves in some way and be blinded from the explosion before getting off.
These ideas are only for vehicles that would achieve an overkill or more.

In specifics- When shot down, the falcon will not simply explode and drop(I am only using a falcon as an example), the driver will be killed as well as the gunners, but the passengers shield themselves from explosion. The falcon will kind of spin out of control to a certain degree, and crash land.

(Since passengers can’t really lay down any sort of killer fire, the pilot should be able to press something on the D-Pad to indicate the drop-off point for passengers.)

FIRST PERSON DRIVING
I promote a first person driving scheme for a few vehicles(only in matchmaking, in custom games settings can be changed), the ghost for sure, as it has no passengers you would need to care about.
This FPS driving would look like this.
But, to counteract the larger chances of boarding and the small field of visibility, tools like motion trackers will have increased radius, as well as increased vehicle power, like Halo 3’s. (Overpowered sniper rifle in Halo: Reach)
This first person system will only be integrated with overpowered vehicles, although players may look around with the right thumbstick.
Leaving the right thumbstick idle will cause it to auto-center with the direction the player is driving at.
For example, the tank is powerful.
The fix is to leave the wraith third person, and tank becomes first person, (only if passengers are added).

Assassinations
When players are being assassinated, there shouldn’t be a third person camera yet! The player isn’t dead yet, and it adds a little extra coolness. (Don’t make it like Battlefield 3’s knifing, that’s just boring)

> +++++++++++++++++REMOVED CONTENT +++++++++++++++++

Prior removed content
This content was datamined from the Reach public beta, but since the retail game is out, and the content I relate to has not been featured in the retail game, I do not expect this breaks any rules.

*Some links may not work at first, refresh a few times.
If it still doesn’t work, you’ll have to find them manually from
here

Let’s start!
HEADQUARTERS
Likely part of the Campaign menu.
I would assume a completely different campaign was created, possibly a place to stay between missions, or some training thing.

Monitor beam of death ray
I wonder as of right now if it can be unlocked or something, as we all know when you switch to a monitor you can catch a glimpse of the focus rifle in the inventory.

Armor Abilities
Shield generator- Jackal shield?

Bottom few
Heavy Bubble Shield
Heavy Regenerator
Active Camo field
Equipment was cooler than armor abilities, it’s not that I dislike armor abilities, but it was nicer having equipment.

Wtf?

Yeah, we actually were going to have a training mission with Sgt. Johnson… Too late…

Should of had this in forge

Sciene experiments and drop pods
So close… yet so far, I hate game release date deadlines.

Camo. CoD stuff.

Mark of shame… I hope this isn’t just leftover code or just an emblem. Would be cool.

Battle sim Sims 3? No… battle simulator! Gosh, deadlines so short, I hope 343 pushes back Halo 4.

Dogfight, hogpile, soccer
I hope these are included as in updates for Reach, I recall someone found symbol representations of all the gametypes, some looking like soccer.

Discontinue?
Although I like armor abilities, apparently AA’s are more detrimental than interesting to some players, the main point here is it’s difficult to compete with CoD. Modern warfare 3 is Modded warfail 2.5, and everyone knows that, but Black Ops is still number two on the charts, best not to offend some conservatives.

The same with reticule bloom. (I actually favor bloom because so many incompetents spam their magnum at me from across the map on SWAT magnums) But again, more detrimental than helpful, people don’t quit a game because features aren’t there.

NEW WEAPONS/TWEAKING
These weapons are more fun for thought than serious propositions.
Gauss cannon(Handheld) Similar to the splaser, a little bit weaker, but also has an EMP effect.

Energy swords: Energy swords should allow for dual-wielding, although you will drop one if you switch weapons. Why? The energy sword is unbalanced against the shotgun, the other solution is to increase the lunge distance.

Hard sound rifle-BEAR rifle
Used by ONI. The “bullet” streak is a distort effect, much like the air above a fire, it waves.
Wherever the wave/bullet comes in contact with something it won’t just stop, it will create a shock-wave at the contact point similar to as if a gravity hammer was swung there, so there’s also a chance to damage people if you miss, on the other hand the rifle is weaker against vehicles.

Fixing the-Spartan Laser Remember Halo 3? Been killed many times by a laser because the guy around the corner charges it up, then pops around the corner-BLARRAGH!!!
If the crackpot misses, he goes back for three seconds and pops out BLARRAGH!!!
Decreasing the ammo in the laser isn’t the best way, nor is it by completely removing it from matchmaking and most kinds of gameplay.
A fix? Implement lock on. The lock on takes a few seconds, and is only for accuracy targeting. To explain…
A player can fire without lock on, but to get lock, keep your target within the SPLR’s targeting circle. After a few seconds of lock on, from a blank circle reticule, a little line pops out to help guide your aim.
That’s about it. This makes no difference in destroying vehicles, as they are large enough. The lock on is only for accuracy targeting, such as using it against a single opponent.

Covenant weapons
Covenant weapons are less used because they’re slow, and some even have better damage. The carbine was actually better than the BR, but it wasn’t 3-round burst, that way it could potentially be more inaccurate because one finger had to keep on pulling the trigger.

Another reason why covenant weapons aren’t used as often, plasma is much too slow. In Live action trailers plasma blazed past at the speed of sound. Plasma doesn’t have to be light speed like the spectre in Halo 2, but I expect it to be a lot more like live-action trailer plasma.

New vehicles
PELICAN:
Integration solution: Pelican split into three types-
Assault pelican/phantom (Heavy armanent, just customs/campaign/forge appearance)

Pelican/phantom (Just two turrets, main gun and 2-4 passengers)

Transport Pelican/phantom (No armanent, but all seats inside the pelican/phantom are open, the other pelicans/phantoms only have two turrets total and two seats near the exit)

Oh, and pelicans/phantoms would only be in dogfight matchmaking playlists and forge.

> +++++++++++++++EXTRAS+++++++++++++++++++*
[/quote]
Medals:

> This concept is about community medals. (Aha, 343, you put in custom challenges! I’m a farmer!) Anyways, these are exclusive medals that can also be used to attract people to the site, just put it as one of those messages when the game loads, or something. So, how this works is the community produces and submits medals, people are allowed to choose up to 25~50 medals. They give no credits, but are more used to keep track of specified actions a player makes, say a medal requiring a splatter kill, headshot, and triple kill only in BTB playlist is used by the player to record and show off achievements he makes in matchmaking. For example, I am a god at SWAT magnums, I want a medal for 30 kills in one game of SWAT magnums.
> Bungie favorites reward
> First, there needs to be an in-game Bungie favorites viewing feature to make this a better feature.
> Alright. Say you forge a map. A really cool and fun map, and it gets on the top 10 highest rating list, or top 10 downloads, whatever. Obviously you put in a lot of work or had a good idea, you deserve a reward.
> Assuming the money system is in Halo 4, here is the chart as follows.
> Forged map variant: 7 Cr each download
> Screenshot: 4 Cr each download
> Video clip: 2 Cr each download
> Gametype variant: 1 Cr every three downloads
> <em>> ++++++++++++++++++++FORGE 3.0+++++++++++++++++++++</em>
> Weapon drops-Weapon crates can be forged, and are interactive, allowing a forgers to put a weapon into the crate by shoving it in at an exact snap. The other idea is to not integrate weapon crates but this kind of wall, allowing us to forge the wall itself.
> Drop pod in forge- Can set impact splash mark. Say if it contacts snow, it will have a preset splash mark.
> The HEV impact mark can be changed from the menu. Also, like the weapon dispenser, we would either forge the drop pod and get it to drop from hitting a button inside, or we would forge the drop pod station itself. (Probably shoudn’t have drop pods in a really tiny forge map, that would be more like a single-occupant sub-atomospheric insertion vehicle.
> (All links mentioned below are only to give credit, ideas are already extracted and pasted)
> This is the source of my idea
> There is our default sandbox with default disc, but the next DLC isn’t a multiplayer pack, it’s a Forge World pack.
> Three new forge world maps, a few ideas could be: Covenant-Urban-UNSC-Forunner-Jungle(Tree forging)-
> Covenant: Located in a covenant supercarrier, this promotes our space combat part. Forgeable seraphs and longswords, etc.
> Urban: Lots of buildings, structures, neighborhoods, school, forgeable future school buses, bah.
> UNSC: Many possibilities.
> Forunner: Located on the ark? A snow-ish map, with ice fields integrated(Please put back in Ice fields, but don’t make it huge!)
> Jungle: Much like forge world, but with trees. There would be a timberland map in there too. This map has two enviroments, waterfalls and trees, sandy beaches and perhaps an area for infinity, another map I’m begging for.
> Thread of win.
> Source
> I will draw out a few important things.
> ITEM LIMITS-Makes sense, I think.
> CUSTOM WALLS-This should be space-efficient, the different looks of each wall are relatively unimportant.
> MAPS OUTSIDE OF FORGE WORLD- Agree
> MOVE ALL- Hold A(I think?) to select a 3D box. Release to confirm selection. Selected objects highlisted. Select box and move to move selection.
> SHOW ALL ZONES-Why not just have them on a marker on HUD as if you were playing a game itself? It’s a pain in the -Yoink- trying to find the 100x100x100 kill boundary your friend hid under the water. (Can be toggled)
> EDGE SNAPS-Choose an angle you want your objects to snap on other edges at.
> MOVABLE OBJECTS-Free stance mode
> Sources
> I dub thee, music oracle
> This is another one of those things everyone wants, but It would also be nice to be able to alter the parameters of the music broadcast.
> Thread
> Endnote: Maps all need to be about something. Even if it’s for slayer it needs some sort of storyline. Maps like the cage don’t have this, and it’s got no map direction, just camping spots, such as the grav lift and tower.
> From Wild Pig Man
> I want some architectually different stuff. i dont want everything to be cube’ish. and some animating options like make objects move.
> Also forgable odst drop pods because they are a pain to make. Also a more dramatic color change more than just lights on a wall. another thing ive noticed, for some reason lights dont work on split screen that should be fixed.
> More lights should be enabled also. and for fx there should be a night time one.
> I like forge world but there should be multiple forge world for different climates, tundra, jungle, desert and urban!
> Pretty much this
> And back to forge, placable water! I want to spawn trees! and im sure its obvious to everyone MACHINIMAS! make it so you can go hand to hand. maybe you hold “Y” and you go hand to hand.(punching people would also just be plain fun) and make it so you can sit. and make things do the opposite of late spawn, make them disapear after a while!
> Endnote:
> Before I forget! Instead of having to press X to see the object name you are selecting, hovering over an object or by selecting it should display its name, sometimes the object’s physical box differs from its visual box, or if a shield door is in the way. Although a short description, this is a rather important feature.

> +++++++++++++++++MACHINIMA MODE+++++++++++++++++

Here’s a reward for reading this far!
inspired by gruntapocalypse, please send him a message saying “You’re awesome”-
This is Machinima mode.
This a solution to what the Xbox lacks in.
Machinima mode is located on the forge disc. It uses a Halo CE pc server listing, allowing people to see names of servers, such as “I MAKING MACHIININIMA, YOU JOIN NOW” and the player count. Hosts can create games of 20~64 people. (Also, people joining can be required to have mics by the host)
Seems huge, right? To achieve success, this game would jump back to Halo: CE graphics to address lag. When you’re done players can enter what I call, wire film. The host is the only one able to access wire film (Will be explained.)
When the game plays, the host’s Xbox “tags” the game as it goes, all the extra splashes, animations and lag-things are toned down into minimalistic graphics to put minimal stress on network and Xbox. What happens with all these things that are not shown is they are just tagged by the host’s Xbox. Like the Xbox putting a post-it note on that grenade explosion right there. Then in normal theater the host can view the film (listed in a separate category) with a graphics at a slight improvement so that the host at least has a good idea of what everything looks like. Then, the host goes to wire film. You don’t view in this, the clip is extracted from its ‘tagged’ state and with all the ‘compressed’ effects and scenery. To compile your final project, everything is rendered and extracted into a movie, with every single detail and every single explosion.
This is also DLC’able, adding the ability to download and customize different graphics and looks.)
To sum it up in case it was confusing, many machinimas need lots of people, and 16 players isn’t enough. Solution? Make something that allows for 64 players at whatever the cost, the host directs the players, produce the machinima, make clips and go to wire film to render everything.

> +++++++++++++++++DISC SPACE +++++++++++++++++

I’ve mentioned disc space a few times earlier, so putting this near the end of the thread is a pretty bad idea, but this is just to elaborate, the basic idea of one game in two discs doesn’t need a long explanation.

So, what I mean to say, is Halo 4 could need two discs. If so, these two discs should be made “equal”, one disc shouldn’t have the least used features and the other with multiplayer, all the cool stuff.
Similarly, to save space 343 should really use the DLC feature, for example battlefield 3 has an optional better graphics download.

THANKS TO YOU ALL-
This is the contribution list, please send them all a message saying “You’re awesome” (For 343 forms, these guys are from Bnet)
Orphan
WARLORD117 pr
Wild Pig Man
Gruntpocalypto
And more importantly, if I forgot someone please remind me.

> +++++++++++++++++MACHINIMA MODE+++++++++++++++++

Here’s a reward for reading this far!
inspired by gruntapocalypse, please send him a message saying “You’re awesome”-
This is Machinima mode.
This a solution to what the Xbox lacks in.
Machinima mode is located on the forge disc. It uses a Halo CE pc server listing, allowing people to see names of servers, such as “I MAKING MACHIININIMA, YOU JOIN NOW” and the player count. Hosts can create games of 20~64 people. (Also, people joining can be required to have mics by the host)
Seems huge, right? To achieve success, this game would jump back to Halo: CE graphics to address lag. When you’re done players can enter what I call, wire film. The host is the only one able to access wire film (Will be explained.)
When the game plays, the host’s Xbox “tags” the game as it goes, all the extra splashes, animations and lag-things are toned down into minimalistic graphics to put minimal stress on network and Xbox. What happens with all these things that are not shown is they are just tagged by the host’s Xbox. Like the Xbox putting a post-it note on that grenade explosion right there. Then in normal theater the host can view the film (listed in a separate category) with a graphics at a slight improvement so that the host at least has a good idea of what everything looks like. Then, the host goes to wire film. You don’t view in this, the clip is extracted from its ‘tagged’ state and with all the ‘compressed’ effects and scenery. To compile your final project, everything is rendered and extracted into a movie, with every single detail and every single explosion.
This is also DLC’able, adding the ability to download and customize different graphics and looks.)
To sum it up in case it was confusing, many machinimas need lots of people, and 16 players isn’t enough. Solution? Make something that allows for 64 players at whatever the cost, the host directs the players, produce the machinima, make clips and go to wire film to render everything.

> +++++++++++++++++DISC SPACE +++++++++++++++++

I’ve mentioned disc space a few times earlier, so putting this near the end of the thread is a pretty bad idea, but this is just to elaborate, the basic idea of one game in two discs doesn’t need a long explanation.

So, what I mean to say, is Halo 4 could need two discs. If so, these two discs should be made “equal”, one disc shouldn’t have the least used features and the other with multiplayer, all the cool stuff.
Similarly, to save space 343 should really use the DLC feature, for example battlefield 3 has an optional better graphics download.

THANKS TO YOU ALL-
This is the contribution list, please send them all a message saying “You’re awesome” (For 343 forms, these guys are from Bnet)
Orphan
WARLORD117 pr
Wild Pig Man
Gruntpocalypto
And more importantly, if I forgot someone please remind me.

(You got to the end of this thread, time to… make a post?

(LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO CO-OP WITH)
-Burritosenor, you still haven’t said anything

The critique of Halo 4
-Incomplete-

This post is reserved for future times.

I hope you enjoyed the thread, it’s 13 pages!

There are some really nice ideas in this thread, but Halo 4 is almost, if not, complete. So you’re gonna have to propose this for Halo 5.

Yeah… I think I’m gonna go ahead and just read that later.

Good Ideas all you got to do is get yourself hired into 343 studios…

Hah HahaHAHa HAHAHAa haha. I keep walking towards my destination, but it keeps straying away from me by the second. Lol jk

This post is reserved for later.

> Hah HahaHAHa HAHAHAa haha. I keep walking towards my destination, but it keeps straying away from me by the second. Lol jk
>
> This post is reserved for later.

Crazy, man.

I’ll be completely honest- since I don’t care about multiplayer, I skipped 90% of the writing.

But what you said about the campaign was brilliant.

This is a shameless bump of a thread that deserves way more attention then what it’s getting. Some Goat, you sir, are a genius. Well done sir. Well done.

My…my…eyes…I… ca-…ca-…too many words @__@

Holy-

Well this is disappointing. November 6?

Now I don’t know much- or anything about the status of of Halo 4, but six months?

That’s not enough to bug test and program anything that I’ve wrote other than gametypes, so while the announcement has been very disappointing, I’m hoping some features they have already considered a long time back when I wrote this thread on B.net

Flops down