The Covenant in halo 4

How do you think that the convenant will make a return in Halo 4? Do you think they will? I, for one, think that 343 would never fully abandon this long term enemy, but what do you think?

How will they be implemented into the story? We have seen that the unsc will be involved in the game through the UNSC Infinity picture, perhaps the covenant and UNSC will travel to this planet in the same manner, who knows? Give me your opinion on this subject.

Most likely they will in one way, shape, or form.
They’re not done with purple. :smiley:

Lol i mean how do you think they will arrive at the planet since it is supposedly far away

> Lol i mean how do you think they will arrive at the planet since it is supposedly far away

Do you honestly think we’ll be on the same planet the whole game? And who says the Covenant aren’t already there?

I think that the majority of the campaign will take place on this planet, yes. I wont rule out the idea that it could happen, but I higly doubt that the campaign will take us anywhere else. I assume it is possible that the covenant could already be there, but I also doubt that because they were already fighting on earth in halo 3. Interesting.

> > Lol i mean how do you think they will arrive at the planet since it is supposedly far away
>
> Do you honestly think we’ll be on the same planet the whole game? And who says the Covenant aren’t already there?

Come to think of it, yeah! That explanation would be just fine for their involvement - having been stranded.

AND their appearance is supported by Frankie (in Halo A-Z, I believe) stating that some Covenant were still out there, and some of them may not have gotten the message that the war was over.

But they’d need some kind of goal so that they’re not just carrying out random attacks. They need to have the role of trying to utilize the active Forerunner techology on the planet to strengthen their fleet or something.

This plot combined with the main plot of the ancient enemy trying to do god-knows-what will make for an epic, and hectic story. And plus, the gameplay benefits a hell of a lot from this, with more enemies to fight.

It comes together like a puzzle; it benefits both the gameplay and story, so there’s no reason not to do this.

> > > Lol i mean how do you think they will arrive at the planet since it is supposedly far away
> >
> > Do you honestly think we’ll be on the same planet the whole game? And who says the Covenant aren’t already there?
>
> Come to think of it, yeah! That explanation would be just fine for their involvement - having been stranded.
>
> AND their appearance is supported by Frankie (in Halo A-Z, I believe) stating that some Covenant were still out there, and some of them may not have gotten the message that the war was over.
>
> But they’d need some kind of goal so that they’re not just carrying out random attacks. They need to have the role of trying to utilize the active Forerunner techology on the planet to strengthen their fleet or something.
>
> This plot combined with the main plot of the ancient enemy trying to do god-knows-what will make for an epic, and hectic story. And plus, the gameplay benefits a hell of a lot from this, with more enemies to fight.
>
> It comes together like a puzzle; it benefits both the gameplay and story, so there’s no reason not to do this.

Yah, I’d say the covenant would still be after forunner artifacts so maybe that’s why they could arrive at the planet. Im sure they would be interested in the planet since it is ALL forunner. Im really excited to see how they tie it in.

> Most likely they will in one way, shape, or form.
> They’re not done with purple. :smiley:

^this

they’re not the main enemy, i’m pretty sure 'bout that, but i think “they” will make an appearance and at some point we might just be allowed to shoot them…
i’ve a theory that the flood corrupts other species to help them, which would help 343i making us fight not only the flood, but also some ex-covenant species, forerunners AND/OR humans (both through ONI -Yoinking!- thing’s up).

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING? UNDER A ROCK? THE COVENANT IS DEAD!

> WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING? UNDER A ROCK? THE COVENANT IS DEAD!

WHAAAAAAT???

> i’ve a theory that the flood corrupts other species to help them, which would help 343i making us fight not only the flood, but also some ex-covenant species, forerunners AND/OR humans (both through ONI Yoink! thing’s up).

That sounds like a really bad plot idea. I’d love to see the evidence for it, but doesn’t it seem pretty unbelievable for Chief to realistically survive an entire army of ex-Covenant species, the Flood, Forerunners and other humans? If they pulled that, I’d be done with Halo.

As for the Covenant…I really don’t think they are necessary for this game. I personally don’t see why the whole game can’t be set on the Legendary Planet, Halo: CE was set entirely on Alpha Halo except for the first level of the game. Shield Worlds, as the LP seems to be, are massive with a plethora of possibilities in terms of level design and set pieces. As such, I don’t really buy the argument “We may not even stay on the Legendary Planet” as evidence for the Covenant being on it. A few things.

1. If there was a Covenant force on the LP, would it really be massive enough to support the Covenant as a viable threat, especially in the face of a new, sinister evil force?
  2. Wouldn’t the local Sentinel population wipe out the Covenant on it? We know Guilty Spark was prepared to take out the Autumn in the CEA Terminals until he found out humans were onboard, we know the Covenant are not Reclaimers. So how they would even get in is a mystery to me.
  3. Mendicant Bias sent Chief towards the LP because apparently there is a Forerunner presence on it, so the Forerunners wouldn’t take notice of an alien race bumping around their planet?

I know you guys love them and all, but Halo has to move on and 343 has to prove that they can craft new enemies that will become icons on their own right. And before someone says the Covenant will add variety, what variety? We’ve fought them for 10 years, they aren’t going to really break the mold.

> > i’ve a theory that the flood corrupts other species to help them, which would help 343i making us fight not only the flood, but also some ex-covenant species, forerunners AND/OR humans (both through ONI Yoink! thing’s up).
>
> That sounds like a really bad plot idea. I’d love to see the evidence for it, but doesn’t it seem pretty unbelievable for Chief to realistically survive an entire army of ex-Covenant species, the Flood, Forerunners and other humans? If they pulled that, I’d be done with Halo.
>
> As for the Covenant…I really don’t think they are necessary for this game. I personally don’t see why the whole game can’t be set on the Legendary Planet, Halo: CE was set entirely on Alpha Halo except for the first level of the game. Shield Worlds, as the LP seems to be, are massive with a plethora of possibilities in terms of level design and set pieces. As such, I don’t really buy the argument “We may not even stay on the Legendary Planet” as evidence for the Covenant being on it. A few things.
>
> 1. If there was a Covenant force on the LP, would it really be massive enough to support the Covenant as a viable threat, especially in the face of a new, sinister evil force?
> 2. Wouldn’t the local Sentinel population wipe out the Covenant on it? We know Guilty Spark was prepared to take out the Autumn in the CEA Terminals until he found out humans were onboard, we know the Covenant are not Reclaimers. So how they would even get in is a mystery to me.
> 3. Mendicant Bias sent Chief towards the LP because apparently there is a Forerunner presence on it, so the Forerunners wouldn’t take notice of an alien race bumping around their planet?
>
> I know you guys love them and all, but Halo has to move on and 343 has to prove that they can craft new enemies that will become icons on their own right. And before someone says the Covenant will add variety, what variety? We’ve fought them for 10 years, they aren’t going to really break the mold.

I agree with what you said except I think that the covenant are a necessary staple of the series. It would just be silly to completely remove them from the game after so much was built upon them. You make MANY good points though.

> > > i’ve a theory that the flood corrupts other species to help them, which would help 343i making us fight not only the flood, but also some ex-covenant species, forerunners AND/OR humans (both through ONI Yoink! thing’s up).
> >
> > That sounds like a really bad plot idea. I’d love to see the evidence for it, but doesn’t it seem pretty unbelievable for Chief to realistically survive an entire army of ex-Covenant species, the Flood, Forerunners and other humans? If they pulled that, I’d be done with Halo.
> >
> > As for the Covenant…I really don’t think they are necessary for this game. I personally don’t see why the whole game can’t be set on the Legendary Planet, Halo: CE was set entirely on Alpha Halo except for the first level of the game. Shield Worlds, as the LP seems to be, are massive with a plethora of possibilities in terms of level design and set pieces. As such, I don’t really buy the argument “We may not even stay on the Legendary Planet” as evidence for the Covenant being on it. A few things.
> >
> > 1. If there was a Covenant force on the LP, would it really be massive enough to support the Covenant as a viable threat, especially in the face of a new, sinister evil force?
> > 2. Wouldn’t the local Sentinel population wipe out the Covenant on it? We know Guilty Spark was prepared to take out the Autumn in the CEA Terminals until he found out humans were onboard, we know the Covenant are not Reclaimers. So how they would even get in is a mystery to me.
> > 3. Mendicant Bias sent Chief towards the LP because apparently there is a Forerunner presence on it, so the Forerunners wouldn’t take notice of an alien race bumping around their planet?
> >
> > I know you guys love them and all, but Halo has to move on and 343 has to prove that they can craft new enemies that will become icons on their own right. And before someone says the Covenant will add variety, what variety? We’ve fought them for 10 years, they aren’t going to really break the mold.
>
> I agree with what you said except I think that the covenant are a necessary staple of the series. It would just be silly to completely remove them from the game after so much was built upon them. You make MANY good points though.

Does that mean they should just be put in because of them being a “staple” even if they have no real purpose other than to please people’s nostalgia?

Probably will somehow. But I’m not too sure about it from the stories point of view. No-doubt that the ex-covenant elites will show up which is fine. It will feel kinda wierd playing a halo game without fighting the covenant.

> Probably will somehow. But I’m not too sure about it from the stories point of view. No-doubt that the <mark>ex-covenant elites will show up which is fine.</mark> It will feel kinda wierd playing a halo game without fighting the covenant.

Why? They aren’t exactly in the best position to just go herp’n and derp’n around the galaxy.

> > > > Does that mean they should just be put in because of them being a “staple” even if they have no real purpose other than to please people’s nostalgia?
> > >
> > > No sassy, it means it would be crazy to take out such an important part of the Halo universe. It would be like Star Wars taking out the Jedi… Some staples need to remain lol. I agree that the main enemy should no longer be the convenant because they have become worn out, but I, and many others, would be upset if they were not included in the new trilogy. It would take out part of the game you fell in love with.

Better have an equally small humoruos enemy that I can push around and abuse just liKe the grunts. Can’t have Halo without a replacement for the funniest enemies throughout the entire Halo series,

> No sassy, it means it would be crazy to take out such an important part of the Halo universe. It would be like Star Wars taking out the Jedi…

Even though plenty of Star Wars novels and games don’t feature the Jedi and the franchise survives.

> Some staples need to remain lol. I agree that the main enemy should no longer be the convenant because they have become worn out, but I, and many others, would be upset if they were not included in the new trilogy.

Do they need to be in Halo 4 though? No.

> It would take out part of the game you fell in love with.

I can live without the Covenant. A brand new threat and assortment of weapons excites me more than headshoting a Grunt for the millionth time.

> > No sassy, it means it would be crazy to take out such an important part of the Halo universe. It would be like Star Wars taking out the Jedi…
>
> Even though plenty of Star Wars novels and games don’t feature the Jedi and the franchise survives.
>
>
>
> > Some staples need to remain lol. I agree that the main enemy should no longer be the convenant because they have become worn out, but I, and many others, would be upset if they were not included in the new trilogy.
>
> Do they need to be in Halo 4 though? No.
>
>
>
> > It would take out part of the game you fell in love with.
>
> I can live without the Covenant. A brand new threat and assortment of weapons excites me more than headshoting a Grunt for the millionth time.

Let me know when the next starwars movie comes out where there is no Jedi… Anyways, maybe you don’t have the same respect for the game that I do. Thats fine. You can’t tell me, though, that you would not miss the covenant. If you do, there is no way that you have played the games long enough to appreciate them. I too am more that ecstatic for the new forunner weapons. I really think there is a lot of potential, don’t you? :smiley:

> Let me know when the next starwars movie comes out where there is no Jedi…

Pretty weak argument here. Doesn’t show that Star Wars isn’t able to survive without Jedi as it does in various games and novels and comics.

> Anyways, maybe you don’t have the same respect for the game that I do. Thats fine.

If you’re questioning my fandom, don’t.

> You can’t tell me, though, that you would not miss the covenant.

I wouldn’t miss them.

> If you do, there is no way that you have played the games long enough to appreciate them.

Oh look, someone trying to tell me I’m not a real fan, never saw that before.