The Covenant have gotten....greener

Am I the only one who noticed that the lights on Covenant ships are green instead of purple? Even the glassing beam is green it seems. Wonder why 343 did that?

They’re going green to help save the environment…before they glass the environment.

Distinguishes between the Covenant Empire and the Storm.

> They’re going green to help save the environment…before they glass the environment.

THEY SHALL FACE THE WRATH OF GREEN PEACE

> They’re going green to help save the environment…before they glass the environment.

LOL

However, I do think they look better now.

Just a minor design change. Do you remember that the Elites in Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2 had those orange things on their forearms, but they were gone in Halo 3 and onward? Or how the Jackals in the previous games had skinnier heads, while in Halo 4 they look more like iguanas?

Every game the Covenant changes a little, for better or worse.

> Distinguishes between the Covenant Empire and the Storm.

Then why do the Covenant ships on Landfall have green lights too? Tribute was glassed in 2552, shortly after the Covenant discovered Reach, so there shouldn’t be any reason for the ships on that map to have green lights.

I can’t say that I’m a fan of the green glow, I much prefer the blue and pink that we saw in Halo 3/ODST.

> > Distinguishes between the Covenant Empire and the Storm.
>
> <mark>Then why do the Covenant ships on Landfall have green lights too?</mark> Tribute was glassed in 2552, shortly after the Covenant discovered Reach, so there shouldn’t be any reason for the ships on that map to have green lights.
>
> I can’t say that I’m a fan of the green glow, I much prefer the blue and pink that we saw in Halo 3/ODST.

Because it’s already an existing in game resource

I think it makes them look more primitive and I honestly hate the way it looks.

They seem much more “fake” now, even if they are a Rag-Tag band of savages.

> > Distinguishes between the Covenant Empire and the Storm.
>
> <mark>Then why do the Covenant ships on Landfall have green lights too?</mark> Tribute was glassed in 2552, shortly after the Covenant discovered Reach, so there shouldn’t be any reason for the ships on that map to have green lights.
>
> I can’t say that I’m a fan of the green glow, I much prefer the blue and pink that we saw in Halo 3/ODST.

That was just a short cut for having to re-texture the models for the Covenant Ships, that is not a canonical feature of the battle.

I remember the arbiters elite’s ships and phantoms had green lights in halo 3, while brutes ships had blue or purple lights.

The arbiters phantoms were Green yes, but they ships were White, which I loved. I thought the color scheme in Halo 3 was perfect. Though I understand the change for the Storm design.

Of all the things to complain about. Lights…

> I remember the arbiters elite’s ships and phantoms had green lights in halo 3, while brutes ships had blue or purple lights.

The ships were green and the lights were a cyan color. I checked a few days ago.

Covenant was secretly running a green campaign to save the galactic enviroment’s athmosphere.

It’s a Wort Wortastic idea!

Good guy Storm Covenant.

Okay i’ll be serious.

It’s to help differ between the Covenant Empire and the Storm faction.

> Of all the things to complain about. Lights…

Not really complaining just curious why they did it.

It appears that Global Warming has become a serious issue on glassed worlds, having green lights significantly reduces the amount of excess greenhouse gasses released when glassing a world inhabited by the Human infidels.

They were purple, which is a mix between red and blue. Red is the color for a stop sign. Blue is a color, but also a word to describe depression.
Putting those 2 together, they could be actually signalling John to stop shooting at them, and that they are just trying to find happiness in fighting.

Green means go. So, they probably may have learned reverse psychology, and is saying, “Go ahead. Shoot me. See if I care.”, hoping that we would probably not shoot them.

I think their plan isn’t working. Clearly, because a 1-legged grasshopper takes way to long to chew through the center of a pickle.

It all makes sense…forever.

> They were purple, which is a mix between red and blue. Red is the color for a stop sign. Blue is a color, but also a word to describe depression.
> Putting those 2 together, they could be actually signalling John to stop shooting at them, and that they are just trying to find happiness in fighting.
>
>
> Green means go. So, they probably may have learned reverse psychology, and is saying, “Go ahead. Shoot me. See if I care.”, hoping that we would probably not shoot them.
>
>
> I think their plan isn’t working. Clearly, because a 1-legged grasshopper takes way to long to chew through the center of a pickle.
>
>
> It all makes sense…forever.

What?

I don’t… understand…