The Covenant arsenal is limited

I feel like the Covenant just doesn’t have the right arsenal to counter all of the UNSC’s and possibly even that of the Prometheans.

I feel that the Covenant should have a second rifle to counter the DMR-BR combo. The Carbine shouldn’t be at it alone. It would also give the sandbox more variety. I’d love the Needle Rifle to return. It would give us a chance to have 4 rifles and possibly 5 if the Promethean set is included thus giving us a different rifle in each loadout.

The Covenant also need a few favorites to return such as the Plasma Rifle. That gun has been in every game. The legacy can’t end to the hands of the storm rifle which has it’s distinct differences. I also feel the Covenant will need a counterpart to the Sticky Detonator. Something like the Concussion Rifle would suit it perfectly if you ask me.

What is known
Storm Rifle
Carbine
Needler
Energy Sword
Beam Rifle
Gravity Hammer
Fuel Rod Cannon
Plasma Pistol

What could come
Needle Rifle
Plasma Rifle
Concussion Rifle

Do you see how limited that is? Sure there is a gun for each role, but from what the other counterparts have, there are multiple and there are some that the Covenant don’t even have a counterpart for! Let the Covenant have that luxury. These suggestions could be in the game and have yet to be revealed for all we know. But I feel that these should have been a must and I am hoping they will be in the upcoming Covenant arsenal video.

Who knows, maybe more will be revealed in a Covenant weapons trailer.

We didn’t know about the SAW until the UNSC weapons trailer.

Most of those guns are power weapons likely why it feels smaller.

> Most of those guns are power weapons likely why it feels smaller.

Exactly why it needs more standard weapons.

Considering there will be no Spartan vs Elites in multiplayer, there is no need for every UNSC weapon to have a Covenant counterpart. This is of course just from a gameplay perspective, same goes for Promethean Weapons.

The Weapon variety look to be pretty large already, and I think 343 should be more focused on balancing, tuning and refining, rather than expanding the sandbox further.

> Most of those guns are power weapons likely why it feels smaller.

True, but the standard Covenant weapons augment your Spartan IV’s arsenal. It’s not a choice between UNSC, Covenant, or even Promethean starter/standard weapons, because eventually, U getz all teh gunz! :smiley:

I can understand why that would look limited but personally im quite liking the sandbox so far, but it would be nice if the covenant weapons were boosted up a bit, but im happy either way.

plasma rifle and needle rifle are redundant

When was the Beam Rifle announced? And just to make sure i hope you meant the Beam Rifle from Halo 2 and 3, loved that -Yoink!- alien sniper.

We have enough rifles, I don’t think the Needle Rifle should be in.

They have an Assault Rifle (Storm Rifle), A precision rifle (Carbine), a Rocket Launcher (fuel rod gun), a sniper (beam rifle), a melee weapon (sword), a side arm (PP) and more.

They seem covered to me. They dont need 3 of everything like the UNSC. It would only dilute the sandbox.

> When was the Beam Rifle announced? And just to make sure i hope you meant the Beam Rifle from Halo 2 and 3, loved that -Yoink!- alien sniper.

It’s heavily rumoured to be in because mcflarane are releasing a Halo 4 action figure holding the beam rifle.

Personally I’ve been quite happy with what I’ve seen of the ‘Covenant’ arsenal.

Although I would point out that we don’t know the precise circumstances surrounding the ‘Covenant’ forces and how large their role in the trilogy will be - after all if they’re only a kind of splinter faction that plays an ‘annoyance’ factor throughout than I don’t think it makes sense for their full arsenal to return.

> I feel like the Covenant just doesn’t have the right arsenal to counter all of the UNSC’s and possibly even that of the Prometheans.
>
> I feel that the Covenant should have a second rifle to counter the DMR-BR combo. The Carbine shouldn’t be at it alone. It would also give the sandbox more variety. I’d love the Needle Rifle to return. It would give us a chance to have 4 rifles and possibly 5 if the Promethean set is included thus giving us a different rifle in each loadout.
>
> The Covenant also need a few favorites to return such as the Plasma Rifle. That gun has been in every game. The legacy can’t end to the hands of the storm rifle which has it’s distinct differences. I also feel the Covenant will need a counterpart to the Sticky Detonator. Something like the Concussion Rifle would suit it perfectly if you ask me.
>
> What is known
> Storm Rifle
> Carbine
> Needler
> Energy Sword
> Beam Rifle
> Gravity Hammer
> Fuel Rod Cannon
> Plasma Pistol
>
> What could come
> Needle Rifle
> <mark>Plasma Rifle</mark>
> Concussion Rifle
>
> Do you see how limited that is? Sure there is a gun for each role, but from what the other counterparts have, there are multiple and there are some that the Covenant don’t even have a counterpart for! Let the Covenant have that luxury. These suggestions could be in the game and have yet to be revealed for all we know. But I feel that these should have been a must and I am hoping they will be in the upcoming Covenant arsenal video.

No, this was confirmed by 343 to be out and replaced by the storm rifle

Maybe the UNSC weapons arsenal is just overcluttered.

Remember when we just had the PR, PP and Needler? Ah… nostalgia.

Quality beats quantity. You don’t need a large arsenal of weapons when all of the weapons you currently have are perfectly capable of doing their jobs effectively.

I dont have any problem. Covies are going to be “the least of our problems” anyway.

You have to look at it this why as of right now there will be 4 precision weapons for loadouts: BR/DMR/Carbine/Light rifle- this means that there isn’t really enough room for a weapon like the needle rifle.

Then we have 3 automatics AR/storm rifle/suppressor- why bring back the plasma rifle when the storm rifle already fills that role.

On the subject of the concussion rifle I’d say that is one that is more likly to return then the other 2 or maybe even the brute shot. Also why does every compare the sticky detonator to the concussion rifle; the SD is more of a trapping or defensive type weapon. The railgun actually bares more similarities to the concussion rifle.

I do agree that the covie arsenal is small but you have to remember that theres a new faction here now with new weapons.

Anyways I think we’ll see one or two more covie weapons.

It looks better than the Covenant arsenal in Reach.

The only other weapon I could see returning this time around is the concussion rifle. Otherwise the Covies are pretty well stocked seeing as they are not the main enemies this time around.