The Cortana Line

At the end of the Discover Hope trailer, Cortana says “I chose you because you were special. I knew we would be perfect together. And I was right.”
Now I get that this is a reference to her line in Halo 3’s opening. But I’m wondering if this paired with Chief approaching the blue light while taking the AI chip out of his helmet slot is hinting at a renewed alliance between Chief and Cortana. Maybe to fight a greater evil? Like the flood? Just throwing out some hopeful speculation. Thoughts?

It would be nice to see chief and Cortana back together again but at this stage in the halo universe Cortana is more powerful having access to the domain then being inside chiefs helmet. Unless she needs to get somewhere she cannot access or splinters herself so she can stay in contact with the chief, I don’t know it’s too early to see the least.

Maybe the old Cortana was stored somewhere in the Domain and she found a way out, but she doesn’t have the memories of anything past Halo 4, so she is confused and distraught about what’s going on.

That bridge is burned. The best thing Infinite can do at this point is build that into her character in order for Chief to reject her when she says that.

> 2533274964025169;1:
> At the end of the Discover Hope trailer, Cortana says “I chose you because you were special. I knew we would be perfect together. And I was right.”
> Now I get that this is a reference to her line in Halo 3’s opening. But I’m wondering if this paired with Chief approaching the blue light while taking the AI chip out of his helmet slot is hinting at a renewed alliance between Chief and Cortana. Maybe to fight a greater evil? Like the flood? Just throwing out some hopeful speculation. Thoughts?

Maybe Cortana is elated to see Chief’s endurance and return to a significant location from ce. She has her plan set in stone and is already winning yet chief is always true to form?