The Coolest Leader of HW2 award - nominees

Ten-Hut!

Hey Marines, Halo Wars 2 has a total of 16 Leaders.
So I’m gonna ask the Question who is the Coolest Leader of Halo Wars 2?

Now the Coolest Leader doesn’t mean Best at winning.

It means most original and inventive: Active Leader Powers, Passive Leader Powers, New Units, Hero Units, Story of the Leader, Overall feel of the Leader, and most importantly the Leader’s Character.

Who do you think is The Coolest Leader of Halo Wars 2?

I’ll be making a post soon where I’ll declare the winner.

For me, it’s Colony.
For the following reasons:
-It is the first time we’ve seen a duo of Hunters being at command.
-If it weren’t for the ODSTs, the Banished would have had a powerful Forerunner ship at it’s command because of Colony.
-It is the first time we heard an Hunter’s English voice, which is accurate to their method of communication.
-Goliaths are strong early-game units and are interesting creatures made by Lekgolos.
-Skitterers/Bite-Sized Scarabs are pretty neat when attached to other units.
-Living barrier is great for defensive maneuvers and are free. (Hotfix doesn’t count)
-Vehicule Symbiotes are pretty interesting by themselves but really shine with the right build.
-Hunter’s Brand (MY BRAND!) is pretty powerful and easy to use.
-Combat Repairs saves you the trouble of repairing buildings yourself and offers a small HP advantage to Colony’s Units.
-The Hunter Captain is amazing and the Taunt really annoys opponents.
Overall, Colony is a unique Leader by itself but really shines with it’s Leader Powers and it has many viable strategies.

For me it’s gotta be Yap Yap THE DESTROYER

1. A Grunt leader? We’ve never seen that be for. Yap Yap himself as a hilarious voice and cool personality.
  2. All his Units are still grunty but new at the same time. The Methane Wagon is a pretty interesting game play element, not to mention it make sense, grunts gotta breath too. The Brute Riders were great, I always wanted grunts to ride brutes. And the Cannon Fodder are amazing! A free unit, so original and comical :slight_smile:
  3. The Goblin Brothers are really inventive, their the only hero unit in the game that is 3 grunts strong.
  4. I love the grunt dome, shade drop, Grunt surprise party, PDSM, methane party and the grunts from above leader powers.
  5. All the different strategies you can pull with him makes him a really fun leader. Not to mention all the grunt dialogue is hilarious!

For me, it’s the Arbiter. I loved him in the original Halo Wars and I was more than excited to see him return in Halo Wars 2.

First and foremost, I love enforcers. They’re my favorite unit in the game because of how versatile they are. You can use them for rushing, securing map control, harassing minibases… And unlike many T1 infantry units, they can still be used after the early game with great success.
Plus, they look so cool. Elites dual wielding plasma rifles and plasma turrets, occasionally throwing a plasma grenade when fighting… Who doesn’t love that?

Another point: he has some very unique and interesting mechanics, mainy stasis and conduit of rage.
Stasis can be used in a variety of ways like protecting your army from leader powers, splitting the enemy army or coordinating attacks with your teammates and much more. It’s easily one of the most versatile leader powers in the game.
Then we have conduit of rage, the Arbiter’s most important ability. With proper micro and strategic thinking, one can destroy any opposition with an army buffed with COR.

Which brings me to the next point: The Arbiter is an extremely powerful leader, but he requires a lot of skill to use. Mastering him is challenging, which makes him very fun to use, unlike certain other easy mode leaders with braindead and boring strategies.

Last but not least, the Arbiter as a character is pure awesomeness. He’s easily one of the most badass elites in the Haloverse and one of the few to dual wield plasma swords.

So yeah TL,DR: Arbiter, because it’s the Arbiter.

Arbiter for sure. The way his powers combo and the utility of his stasis is very impressive and fun to make use of. His elite enforcers are boss frankly, powerful and gaming changing in their own right and benefit from micro since they are individually fragile units.

CoR is also a really hype ability in game.

As for the coolest leader in the unsc arsenal is Serina. Because her whole things is about chilling Kappa.

But actually believe it’s Cutter. I just enjoy his odst and they way he drops in units, the way you can micro his army. You can do a lot of combo’s with his leader powers. It was a close call between him and Anders though.

Atriox is the true MVP. Why? Play the campaign. This guy is one tuff son of a b. Hes smart, he has fought on the other side and defied them to raise an army. I mean, with where he is now, he would have the power to rule everything with time and if the UNSC didnt show up.

I vote voridus.
hes in the campaign.
he spreads infusion everywhere.
that infusion wipes armies.
combat spoils is such an innovative power bc it rewards early pressure.
Grenadiers are cool
infusion is cool
infused engineers are cool.
The scarab reskin is cool.

> 2533274855353246;7:
> I vote voridus.
> hes in the campaign.
> he spreads infusion everywhere.
> that infusion wipes armies.
> combat spoils is such an innovative power bc it rewards early pressure.
> Grenadiers are cool
> Wraith invaders are cool
> infusion is cool

Wraith Invaders are Pav, my dude.

I like your point about how Combat Spoils rewards early pressure, even though, it may reward a little too well, lol.

> 2533274869891714;8:
> > 2533274855353246;7:
> > I vote voridus.
> > hes in the campaign.
> > he spreads infusion everywhere.
> > that infusion wipes armies.
> > combat spoils is such an innovative power bc it rewards early pressure.
> > Grenadiers are cool
> > Wraith invaders are cool
> > infusion is cool
>
> Wraith Invaders are Pav, my dude.
>
> I like your point about how Combat Spoils rewards early pressure, even though, it may reward a little too well, lol.

oops.

Yap Yap
-Has the most FUNNIEST voice lines out there(Ex. What is this? A base for ants???, we killed the enemy hero?? I mean, of course we did!)
-Has ridiculously weak units that are literal jokes… and they’re free and take up not much pop! Making armies of these is the most fun thing ever.
-Grunt Leader, because what’s more awesome than a Grunt Leader
-Has three heroes, THREE, may not be practical but it is awesome.
-Great Leaderpowers(Ex. PDSM[Please Don’t Shoot Me], Grunt dome, etc)
-Has the Most Unique Units for a Leader

It’s obvious who wins this one, and it’s the mightiest grunt of the universe

> 2533274881158472;2:
> For me, it’s Colony.
> For the following reasons:
> -It is the first time we’ve seen a duo of Hunters being at command.
> -If it weren’t for the ODSTs, the Banished would have had a powerful Forerunner ship at it’s command because of Colony.
> -It is the first time we heard an Hunter’s English voice, which is accurate to their method of communication.
> -Goliaths are strong early-game units and are interesting creatures made by Lekgolos.
> -Skitterers/Bite-Sized Scarabs are pretty neat when attached to other units.
> -Living barrier is great for defensive maneuvers and are free. (Hotfix doesn’t count)
> -Vehicule Symbiotes are pretty interesting by themselves but really shine with the right build.
> -Hunter’s Brand (MY BRAND!) is pretty powerful and easy to use.
> -Combat Repairs saves you the trouble of repairing buildings yourself and offers a small HP advantage to Colony’s Units.
> -The Hunter Captain is amazing and the Taunt really annoys opponents.
> Overall, Colony is a unique Leader by itself but really shines with it’s Leader Powers and it has many viable strategies.

I have to agree colony is objectively one of the coolest leaders their design and the exclusive leader power and units are so good if you can put colony to good use

Forge, because well hes just freaking awesome. whats not to love about some BF tanks. I will admit I am very very biased. 2nd choice would be colony, first time we have seen a hunter with a personality and voice.

Even though I hate him, I have to say Pavium. Every one of his leader powers is unique, and his Hero’s lines are cool as well. “They will not break us. They will break upon us!”

Of course, even though his nickname is “The Unbreakable”, that doesn’t mean 343 should actually make his turtle unbreakable ಠ_ಠ

Voridus, this guy releases the Flood and is going head to head with an Abomination while we have to sit there and build armies to take these things out. Plus he looks like a Predator so yeah.

Runner up is Colony: He had the coolest ViDoc and I was hoping the music that played in it would be his boss theme or something. Goliaths, Skitterers, and Hunter Captains are also really cool to look at. Not to mention his leader power names. Hunter’s Brand, Devastating Host, Vehicle Symbiotes. And the best part his voice, is so mechanical yet it sounds like how I’d picture a Hunter would sound. Even in the campaign, every time he spoke they said “what the hell was that?”

Isabel because GITMing enemy units is the funniest thing ever. Also, holos allow various possibilities, including scouting and controlling the map without risking your real units. As for the character, her leader powers match her role in the campaign, she can seem weak at the beginnning but later she unleashes all her might. Even her history with the balance patches match this dynamics xD

Well, we got some decent nominees here, but only one will be declared the Coolest Leader of Halo Wars 2.
I’ll announce the winner on Monday

The coolest HW2 Leader? Well there can only be one, and who else would it be other than the Queen of Cool herself, Serina. Get it? Ya know cause cryo is cool… I stand by my pick!

> 2533274807562680;17:
> The coolest HW2 Leader? Well there can only be one, and who else would it be other than the Queen of Cool herself, Serina. Get it? Ya know cause cryo is cool… I stand by my pick!

Well like Atriox said:
“A pun? You know I hate puns! I will rip out your arms and hang it from the review, like a- … sorry came out wrong.”

• Atriox in the alternat dimension where he was a used car sales man

> 2535416010022389;18:
> > 2533274807562680;17:
> > The coolest HW2 Leader? Well there can only be one, and who else would it be other than the Queen of Cool herself, Serina. Get it? Ya know cause cryo is cool… I stand by my pick!
>
> Well like Atriox said:
> “A pun? You know I hate puns! I will rip out your arms and hang it from the review, like a- … sorry came out wrong.”
> - Atriox in the alternat dimension where he was a used car sales man

Rear-View*