||The community never asked for the changes||

Before you start reading, I want to make a couple points:
**1:**This is NOT a hate thread, I think Halo 4 is a great game and there is NOTHING wrong with it whatsoever.
**2:**I would appreciate it if you took the time to read this, I spent a long time on it and I don’ t just want it to fall off the front page.

Now to the point of the thread, prepare yourselfs for a long read, I’m sure you have time.

Now the whole entire point of what I’m trying to get at is: We did not ask for the COD styled features. Yes I said COD styled features, I know that Halo 4 plays nothing like COD and all that jazz but there’s really no other way to explain it, so that definition will have to do.

The Halo community never asked to have those features put in the game, so why would you put them in? There’s no point. Why would you change half the game when the community, never, in any way, asked for them. We never said we wanted them and most of us still don’t. The Halo community is complaining, and I know alot of you just think all the complainers are being big babies, and they need to adapt and whatnot, but they are not just complaining about one map, or a weapon being over powered or something. They are complaining about the entire game. Can’t you see that 343i? The entire community is complaining about the core elements of the game that no one asked for in the first place.

And just to let you all know before the game came out I was one of the defenders, I was telling people to adapt and wait till the game came out and stuff. But now it’s changed, I understand why they are complaining and they have a right too, they never ask for this. This is the community 343i, this is the reason why Halo even exists, because of these people. If I were you I would listen to them, they are the meaning of life or death to your game.

Like I said there is nothing wrong with Halo 4, it’s a great game, and I like it alot. It works perefectly fine, but it’s not what we want.

I will ask you 2 questions and I would like everybody to answer:
1: Did you ever want or ask for these COD styled features?
2: If you had the chance would you get rid of these features so Halo was back the way it was?

Even for those of you who like the game and would defend it to your dying breath, wouldn’t you rather have it the other way? 343i, listen to the community, like I said these are not some babies crying because they think a weapon is OP or they think a map is trash, this is half of you fan base complaining about the main elements of your game. Even me, who defended Halo 4 and has liked all of the Halo games since Halo CE, would rather have it the other way, even though I think Halo 4 is a good game.

Some food for thought, and please answer the questions.

No i did not ask for these changes what so ever, i dont even why they thought of putting the cod styled features into this game i loved starting out even footing. Yes i hope they take those stupid features out, hopefully they have a classic playlist soon.

To answer your questions:

1. Nope.
  2. Not get rid of them completely, but we should have the ability to change the options in Custom Games to create a classic Halo feel if we want to (like old school CTF, Assault, Race, etc).

If there was one thing I would remove from Match Making it would be the ordinance system. Either that or completely overhaul the system. Power weapons shouldn’t be a part of the ordinance system, they should be map drops.

Personal ordinance should be reserved for temporary armor abilities and the occasional speed/damage boost or camo/overshield.

So much hyperbull and wrongness in the OP.

The community didn’t ask EXACTLY for some of these changes but they did so indirectly when complaining.

EX 1) grenade spam has been an issue that almost everyone has complained about in nearly every game. So to cut down on the spam they made it a requirement to use an armor mod to pick up grenades on people.

EX 2) people have complained about nades being too powerful. So they make grenades have a much smaller blast radius and give you a perk to restore the radius back to normal.

Those are just 2 examples. There are others. The fact of the situation we have here is 1) people will always complain. People have complained about every major and minor edition to each title in the series. And 2) No one is saying there are not legit issues. What us or the “343 DF” are trying to say is a majority of the issues people have are preference issues and they are made out to be “broken” issues. Its completely fine to state that you don’t like the new direction of halo. But if all you really want is more of the same then go back and play older titles.

Even call of duty the most copy and paste game to date has been changing some core aspects over the years. It happens to every series and halo was never an exception. Regardless of how many people like/dislike these new changes 343 clearly doesn’t want to go back to the past. All you really can do is find ways to improve these new features and stick around or move on. Anything else short of those 2 options is just wasting your time and everyone else’s.

> …The entire community is complaining…

Nope. Please don’t assume to speak for others.

Grenade spam is not an issue. Grenades have been a part of Halo since CE. Bungie just turned them into miniature nukes in Halo Reach and that’s when the complaining started. Requiring an armor mod just to pick up grenades off other players is just plain stupid.

> So much hyperbull and wrongness in the OP.
>
> The community didn’t ask EXACTLY for some of these changes but they did so indirectly when complaining.
>
> EX 1) grenade spam has been an issue that almost everyone has complained about in nearly every game. So to cut down on the spam they made it a requirement to use an armor mod to pick up grenades on people.

I never thought this was a problem, some people just complained about this one element. They could have easily fixed it by: 1: less grenades on the map or 2: everyone starts with one grenade. They didn’t have to go through all that other crap just to fix one problem, but I get your point.

> EX 2) people have complained about nades being too powerful. So they make grenades have a much smaller blast radius and give you a perk to restore the radius back to normal.

They could have just easily nerfed the grenades not change the whole aspect of the game.

> Those are just 2 examples. There are others. The fact of the situation we have here is 1) people will always complain. People have complained about every major and minor edition to each title in the series.

You’re perfectly right here.

> And 2) No one is saying there are not legit issues. What us or the “343 DF” are trying to say is a majority of the issues people have are preference issues and they are made out to be “broken” issues. Its completely fine to state that you don’t like the new direction of halo. But if all you really want is more of the same then go back and play older titles.

I don’t really think they are issues, it’s just not what I want, and I could go back to the older titles, but I’d rather have some new content.

> Even call of duty the most copy and paste game to date has been changing some core aspects over the years. It happens to every series and halo was never an exception. Regardless of how many people like/dislike these new changes 343 clearly doesn’t want to go back to the past. All you really can do is find ways to improve these new features and stick around or move on. Anything else short of those 2 options is just wasting your time and everyone else’s.

While Call of Duty has made some minor changes, they have never made any major changes to their gameplay making it exactly what the community wants and expects from a COD game.

> > …The entire community is complaining…
>
> Nope. Please don’t assume to speak for others.

Sorry, that’s something I accuse other people of doing. I can’t speak for everyone, but you got to admit alot of the Halo community is pissed off.

The problem with this is many players equate the changes for Halo 4 with Call of Duty. While Call of Duty no doubt inspired Halo 4, the point isn’t to make Halo 4 like it. The point is to take a game that was aging and address a couple of things that are very big right now: customization and player investment. Past Halo games did a very poor job of addressing these issues, and they are very popular with gamers of all types today.

Personally, I’ve been asking for customizable loadouts since Halo 2, so I’m glad I finally got it. It’s a positive addition to Halo in so many ways, but it’s biggest effect is players no longer are forced to start with a gun they don’t like and scour the map for another weapon before they can get into the fight. They just pick the tools they want and can immediately join in the chaos.

Now, I’m not saying all the changes benefit the game, but I do believe this game has a ton of potential to really evolve the series into a new generation, an evolution it sorely needed to remain relevant.

I’ll just say that no one asked for Halo 1. No one asked for Forge, or Saved Films. No one asked for the playlist system in matchmaking. I don’t think anyone even asked for matchmaking. No one asked for CG in the Halo 4 campaign (though that was probably one of the finer points about it.)

No one asked for just about anything that has made Halo worth playing. I think the opposite is probably more true, what people have asked for (in Halo 3 more BR’s and something more consistent than equipment. IE. DMR’s and armor abilities) have done more to push Halo away from those creative qualities which can appeal to everyone, not just a hardcore section of the audience because the process of asking (or at least responding to what people are asking for with what they say they wanted) is creatively bankrupt on a very fundamental level and that it isn’t what are here for.

Sure, you can listen to feedback to hear what people liked or didn’t, but the process of responding should, I feel, be entirely on the part of the artist and not the critic.

> The problem with this is many players equate the changes for Halo 4 with Call of Duty. While Call of Duty no doubt inspired Halo 4, the point isn’t to make Halo 4 like it. The point is to take a game that was aging and address a couple of things that are very big right now: customization and player investment. Past Halo games did a very poor job of addressing these issues, and they are very popular with gamers of all types today.
>
> Personally, I’ve been asking for customizable loadouts since Halo 2, so I’m glad I finally got it. It’s a positive addition to Halo in so many ways, but it’s biggest effect is players no longer are forced to start with a gun they don’t like and scour the map for another weapon before they can get into the fight. They just pick the tools they want and can immediately join in the chaos.
>
> Now, I’m not saying all the changes benefit the game, but I do believe this game has a ton of potential to really evolve the series into a new generation, an evolution it sorely needed to remain relevant.

Hm, interesting post. That’s probably why customizable classing got in Halo, it’s what is popular, and I will admit it is fun and I do like it. But I would prefer it the other way and I’m sure alot of other people would too.

1. Not at all. I own CoD so if I wanted to play a twitch shooter with loadouts then I pop it in.

2. Yes. I want my arena shooter back. Leave all the gimmicky stuff if you want but just put in some ranked and social arena Halo.

Game development isn’t a democracy.

Game is a million times better than Halo 3 or Reach with these ‘‘CoD’’ features. Ive bought every Halo game fo 10 years and it was just starting to get old. Without these features it would pretty much be the same damn game ive paid 60 dollars for six times already.

> Game development isn’t a democracy.

lol. True.

> Before you start reading, I want to make a couple points:
> **1:**This is NOT a hate thread, I think Halo 4 is a great game and there is NOTHING wrong with it whatsoever.
> **2:**I would appreciate it if you took the time to read this, I spent a long time on it and I don’ t just want it to fall off the front page.
>
> Now to the point of the thread, prepare yourselfs for a long read, I’m sure you have time.
>
> Now the whole entire point of what I’m trying to get at is: We did not ask for the COD styled features. Yes I said COD styled features, I know that Halo 4 plays nothing like COD and all that jazz but there’s really no other way to explain it, so that definition will have to do.
>
> The Halo community never asked to have those features put in the game, so why would you put them in? There’s no point. Why would you change half the game when the community, never, in any way, asked for them. We never said we wanted them and most of us still don’t. The Halo community is complaining, and I know alot of you just think all the complainers are being big babies, and they need to adapt and whatnot, but they are not just complaining about one map, or a weapon being over powered or something. They are complaining about the entire game. Can’t you see that 343i? The entire community is complaining about the core elements of the game that no one asked for in the first place.
>
> And just to let you all know before the game came out I was one of the defenders, I was telling people to adapt and wait till the game came out and stuff. But now it’s changed, I understand why they are complaining and they have a right too, they never ask for this. This is the community 343i, this is the reason why Halo even exists, because of these people. If I were you I would listen to them, they are the meaning of life or death to your game.
>
> Like I said there is nothing wrong with Halo 4, it’s a great game, and I like it alot. It works perefectly fine, but it’s not what we want.
>
> I will ask you 2 questions and I would like everybody to answer:
> 1: Did you ever want or ask for these COD styled features?
> 2: If you had the chance would you get rid of these features so Halo was back the way it was?
>
> Even for those of you who like the game and would defend it to your dying breath, wouldn’t you rather have it the other way? 343i, listen to the community, like I said these are not some babies crying because they think a weapon is OP or they think a map is trash, this is half of you fan base complaining about the main elements of your game. Even me, who defended Halo 4 and has liked all of the Halo games since Halo CE, would rather have it the other way, even though I think Halo 4 is a good game.
>
> Some food for thought, and please answer the questions.

1: No I did not ask for them, however I did want several of these changes.
2: I would not want it to go back to the way it was.

Your entire point seems silly to me. I was not part of the community when Halo 2, 3, Reach were being worked on. But I doubt that they were begging for dual wielding, more weapons, and equipment. I also severely doubt that Before Halo CE anyone was asking for different things to be added in or left out.

The community does not make the game, the game makes the community. It was the un-asked changes that put Halo on the map in the first place. As for the life and death of Halo as a franchise, I think that those who leave because of Halo 4 will have very little impact on that. The fan base fluctuates greatly and they can always replace fans.

As for your position on your own point you seem to state that you love the game and then contradict yourself in the next paragraph. I really can not tell if you like of hate halo 4.

Just some counter food for thought.

> The Halo community never asked to have those features put in the game, so why would you put them in? There’s no point. Why would you change half the game when the community, never, in any way, asked for them. We never said we wanted them and most of us still don’t. The Halo community is complaining, and I know alot of you just think all the complainers are being big babies, and they need to adapt and whatnot, but they are not just complaining about one map, or a weapon being over powered or something. They are complaining about the entire game. Can’t you see that 343i? The entire community is complaining about the core elements of the game that no one asked for in the first place.
>
>
>
> I will ask you 2 questions and I would like everybody to answer:
> 1: Did you ever want or ask for these COD styled features?
> 2: If you had the chance would you get rid of these features so Halo was back the way it was?
>
> Even for those of you who like the game and would defend it to your dying breath, wouldn’t you rather have it the other way?

343i looked at what players did in every previous Halo release (actual in-game statistics not available to YOU) and also researched other game statistics in order to determine what would get more people to play the game. Whether they were right or wrong remains to be seen.

However, the game has been released. There cannot be any really significant changes to what we have now. “Classic” playlists will never match the real thing, which is still there anyway.

It really is as simple as not playing the game if you don’t like it.

> The problem with this is many players equate the changes for Halo 4 with Call of Duty. While Call of Duty no doubt inspired Halo 4, the point isn’t to make Halo 4 like it. The point is to take a game that was aging and address a couple of things that are very big right now: customization and player investment. Past Halo games did a very poor job of addressing these issues, and they are very popular with gamers of all types today.
>
> Personally, I’ve been asking for customizable loadouts since Halo 2, so I’m glad I finally got it. It’s a positive addition to Halo in so many ways, but it’s biggest effect is players no longer are forced to start with a gun they don’t like and scour the map for another weapon before they can get into the fight. They just pick the tools they want and can immediately join in the chaos.
>
> Now, I’m not saying all the changes benefit the game, but I do believe this game has a ton of potential to really evolve the series into a new generation, an evolution it sorely needed to remain relevant.

Customization and player investment can be done in so many other ways than the CoD way. However, the customization and player investment isn’t the only thing that was taken from CoD, there’s still ordnance drops that is ingame, sprint, flinch if I’m not mistaken, a lot more than just “player customization and investment”.

Halo got old when it became imitative rather than innovative, and that happened with Halo 4. It’s old stuff, seen that done that. There’s really little innovation in this game and that is covered up by imitation.

Chaos is exactly what Halo 4 is, it’s the fiesta game mode from previous installments. It was fun the first five rounds, and then fun once or twice a couple of times a week, but nonstop fiesta? No thank you.

No, not all changes benefited the game, barely any of them did. As Yatzee said, it’s an evolutionary dead end. Remove some and tweak some, add new good features, then it’ll evolve. Transforming into another game won’t help.

> 1: No I did not ask for them, however I did want several of these changes.
> 2: I would not want it to go back to the way it was.
>
> Your entire point seems silly to me. I was not part of the community when Halo 2, 3, Reach were being worked on. But I doubt that they were begging for dual wielding, more weapons, and equipment. I also severely doubt that Before Halo CE anyone was asking for different things to be added in or left out.
>
> The community does not make the game, the game makes the community. It was the un-asked changes that put Halo on the map in the first place. As for the life and death of Halo as a franchise, I think that those who leave because of Halo 4 will have very little impact on that. The fan base fluctuates greatly and they can always replace fans.
>
> As for your position on your own point you seem to state that you love the game and then contradict yourself in the next paragraph. I really can not tell if you like of hate halo 4.
>
> Just some counter food for thought.

Good interesting post, now that I look at it my point does seem silly now.

As to the last part of your post I think Halo 4 is an overall good game and I enjoy it I just think that all of those features shouldn’t belong in a Halo game.

> To answer your questions:
>
> 1. Nope.
> <mark>2. Not get rid of them completely, but we should have the ability to change the options in Custom Games to create a classic Halo feel if we want to (like old school CTF, Assault, Race, etc).</mark>
>
> If there was one thing I would remove from Match Making it would be the ordinance system. Either that or completely overhaul the system. Power weapons shouldn’t be a part of the ordinance system, they should be map drops.
>
> Personal ordinance should be reserved for temporary armor abilities and the occasional speed/damage boost or camo/overshield.

I hate when I read things like this. WHY should the people who like the original Halo gameplay have to play custom games in order to get our fix? When we play a Halo game it should feel like a Halo game in the Campaign, Matchmaking, and Custom Games. The fans who have been with the game from the beginning should not be getting pushed off to the side like this.