The community is misinformed

Time and time again I have seen people just spit out stuff that isn’t even true and it ticks me off when people actually believe it. To inform the community a bit more, I have compiled a list of things I have seen around the community that is not true or is not proven to be true. If you don’t want to read everything below, then just read what’s in the quotes and bold. Edit: What is bolded and underlined is what I have heard people say that is not true or not proven to be true. The paragraph supporting it is my own take on it with some facts thrown in.

"343 don’t care about you only your money." This is definitely not true. When you say that, you are generalizing a huge amount of people. If you said that about Microsoft, I’d probably agree, but you’re not. Generally speaking, most of the employees working on a game usually care about the game.

"There are a small number of maps in halo 5." Here’s a link for all/most of the maps in halo 5. Yes, some are exclusive to warzone, breakout, and BTB, but there’s still a ton of maps.

"All the Reach armor is better than the halo 5 armor." Reach had its fair share of crap armor. Yes, there’s a hell of a lot more crap armor in halo 5, but there’s a hell of a lot more armor in general in halo 5. You honestly could probably find as many armors that you like in halo 5 as Reach (at least if you take off your nostalgia goggles).

"Hidden ranks make social playlists competitive." one of the reasons people play competitively is to boost their rank. If there’s no rank, then there’s no incentive to play competitively. Yes, you can play competitively in social modes still, but that isn’t exclusive to halo 5. Plus, if there were no ranks, then onyxs could play bronzes, and we don’t want that to happen.

"Halo CE-3 didn’t copy any mechanics from other games while halo 5 does." Halo CE’s formula was ripped straight out of Doom, quake, and unreal tournament, but no one complained about that. Halo 5 then uses thruster pack (which halo 4 started), ADS (which is technically just the old zoom with a different paint job), and sprint, and everyone says halo is CoD.

"343 are lazy." It may seem like that with all the forge and remixed maps, but don’t forget Bungie used a ton of assets from the game to the point of having entire maps just be part of a level. Bungie made MP maps then just made them sections in the campaign. It’s not laziness, it’s managing time and resources.

"343 lied to us in the marketing." No, Microsoft lied to us in the marketing. They do the marketing, not 343.

"The WZFF prometheans are the same as the campaign prometheans." Edit: This is the only one that’s not a direct quote. What I was trying to say was that people hate the prometheans because they’re bullet sponges, when they’re really only bullet sponges in warzone. The firefight prometheans are bullet sponges. The campaign prometheans are not and are pretty fun to fight. They could be better though.

"Halo 5 has a massive amount of bullet magnetism." Halo 5 has a lot of aim assist, but little magnetism. There’s a big difference. in case you don’t know, halo 2 and 3 has a massive amount of magnetism considering the movement system.

"Warzone was a failure." You may not like it, but that doesn’t mean it was a failure. The last time they showed us the most popular playlists (last Christmas), warzone was #1 and it has only improved.

"Halo 5 has a small amount of playlists." At launch, yes. Now, no. Halo 5 has as many playlist right now as halo 3 ended with (14 playlists), so to say halo 5 has a small amount of playlists is basically saying halo 3 has a small amount of playlists.

"Halo 5 has a low population." It’s not great, but it’s not bad. Halo 5 still has a steady population and I can still find games as fast as I could on day 1.

"Halo 5 is a twitch shooter." Calling halo 5 a twitch shooter is like calling ce a twitch shooter. There’s a low TTK in both games, but none qualify as a twitch shooter.

"343 doesn’t care to casual players and halo 5 is too competitive." At launch, I would have agreed, but now I do not. Currently, there are 6 ranked playlists and 8 social playlists. So tell me again how it caters towards competitive players?

"Halo 5’s updates were cut content." There is no proof of this at all and no evidence to support it, so stop thinking this. There is evidence that halo 5 had a troubled development and didn’t get to finish everything on time though. I’m sure some was cut (my guess is 5%), but definitely not all of it.

"Halo 5’s sprint speed is halo 3’s BMS." I’m too lazy to search up evidence, but I know for a fact that this isn’t true and that someone actually tested it.

"Halo 5’s servers are awful in the US." They are not the best, but as an American player, I can tell you that they are by no means bad. It may be different for U.K. players, but here in the US it’s fine. If you are having a problem in the US, it’s probably your connection.

I hope you guys found this informative and if you see anyone who claims any of these are true, make sure you bring down the facts on them :slight_smile:

Edit: Here are two more that was suggested to be added on the list.

From VirtualMark: “The Graphics in Halo 3 are better than Halo 5.” Incorrect - the graphics in Halo 5 are far superior to any of the older titles. Higher resolution, more detailed textures, more detailed geometry, better lighting, better effects, the list goes on. Halo 5 was designed for the Xbox One, whereas older titles were designed for the Xbox 360. The One is far superior to the 360, so there’s no way the graphics on older titles are better.

From Hot Juicy Pie (this is not a direct quote BTW): “People get famed often in Warzone.” When you think you get farmed, it probably wasn’t farming. It was probably just you getting demolished by an enemy team. Farming is where the enemy team has ample opportunity to take out the core, but instead they kill you with fun weapons and make sure you can never leave your home base.

Exactly. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Some of these seem like opinion and not “fact” as you’re trying to say. But whatever, it’s all for defending this game and 343, right…

> 2533274837720524;3:
> Some of these seem like opinion and not “fact” as you’re trying to say. But whatever, it’s all for defending this game and 343, right…

I can really only think of the third one that’s mostly opinionated.

You forgot people claiming every warzone game is farm

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not bypass the profanity filter.</mark>

All the Reach armor is better than the halo 5 armor." Reach had its fair share of crap armor. Yes, there’s a hell of a lot more crap armor in halo 5, but there’s a hell of a lot more armor in general in halo 5. You honestly could probably find as many armors that you like in halo 5 as Reach (at least if you take off your nostalgia goggles)

Nostalgia goggles seriously Jesus this again! This god dame stupid argument nostalgia goggles how about you take off your god dame fanboy goggles for a change

> 2535455681930574;4:
> > 2533274837720524;3:
> > Some of these seem like opinion and not “fact” as you’re trying to say. But whatever, it’s all for defending this game and 343, right…
>
>
> I can really only think of the third one that’s mostly opinionated.

What about the casual playlists and ranks you pointed out. From my experience with the game the “social modes” are just as sweaty, if not more, as ranked matches.

Besides, the whole hidden rank thing completely defeats the purpose of it being called a social playlist. How is it social when it’s ranked but just not shown? 343 threw the casual fanbase under the bus with Halo 5 and it’s gonna hit them hard when their next game releases.

It also does have a small population compared to other AAA titles, with it sitting at #16 in the most popular games when I last checked. That’s like saying that Reach doesn’t have a small population because it has a steady few thousand people on daily.

As for the bullet magnetism… I’m pretty sure Halo 5 has a low Aim Assist with high magnetism.

343 cares more for money? I don’t know man, they butchered our customization for the REQ system, and force it down our thoats by putting the paid gold packs in the front of the store now… plus the whole “Month of Mythic” ordeal, that wasn’t needed except for the need to rake in a few extra dollars. It added absolutely nothing to the game.

Are you speaking the truth? Almost all of your lists are assumption like the opposite. No proof or evidence showed.

> 2535458426112390;6:
> All the Reach armor is better than the halo 5 armor." Reach had its fair share of crap armor. Yes, there’s a hell of a lot more crap armor in halo 5, but there’s a hell of a lot more armor in general in halo 5. You honestly could probably find as many armors that you like in halo 5 as Reach (at least if you take off your nostalgia goggles)
>
> Nostalgia goggles seriously Jesus this again! This god dame stupid argument nostalgia goggles how about you take off your god dame fanboy goggles for a change

Are you saying that nostalgia goggles WON’T blind anyone from seeing that there are halo 5 armor sets that are better than Reach armor sets?

> 2661949065475413;5:
> You forgot people claiming every warzone game is farm

Oh right. I’ll add that in the OP in a bit.

> 2535456165221911;8:
> Are you speaking the truth? Almost all of your lists are assumption like the opposite. No proof or evidence showed.

Which ones are assumptions (besides the third one).

> 2535455681930574;11:
> > 2535456165221911;8:
> > Are you speaking the truth? Almost all of your lists are assumption like the opposite. No proof or evidence showed.
>
>
> Which ones are assumptions (besides the third one).

Except for second one, you have no proof that shows you are speaking the facts or truth. Thus, those are opinions and assumptions.

> 2661949065475413;5:
> You forgot people claiming every warzone game is farm

Farming in war zone is a real problem for a lot of people of course not every game is a farming game but people do need to understand the definition and what to look for when a so-called farming game happens.

> 2533274837720524;7:
> > 2535455681930574;4:
> > > 2533274837720524;3:
> > > Some of these seem like opinion and not “fact” as you’re trying to say. But whatever, it’s all for defending this game and 343, right…
> >
> >
> > I can really only think of the third one that’s mostly opinionated.
>
>
> What about the casual playlists and ranks you pointed out. From my experience with the game the “social modes” are just as sweaty, if not more, as ranked matches. How? Players aren’t as competitive when they aren’t fighting for a rank. My guess is you are making it competitive for yourself, not the game.
>
> Besides, the whole hidden rank thing completely defeats the purpose of it being called a social playlist. How is it social when it’s ranked but just not shown? 343 threw the casual fanbase under the bus with Halo 5 and it’s gonna hit them hard when their next game releases.
>
> It also does have a small population compared to other AAA titles, with it sitting at #16 in the most popular games when I last checked. That’s like saying that Reach doesn’t have a small population because it has a steady few thousand people on daily. Depends on your definition of small. The people I was referring too said halo 5’s population was like “halo 4” small. I’ll edit that into the OP if you want.
>
> As for the bullet magnetism… I’m pretty sure Halo 5 has a low Aim Assist with high magnetism. **No, it’s the other way around.**343 cares more for money? I don’t know man, they butchered our customization for the REQ system, and force it down our thoats by putting the paid gold packs in the front of the store now… plus the whole “Month of Mythic” ordeal, that wasn’t needed except for the need to rake in a few extra dollars. It added absolutely nothing to the game. I find it very coincidental that Halo 5 and GoW 4 have very similar unlock systems and are both owned by Microsoft. You don’t have to be a genius that Microsoft handles the microtransactions.

> 2537966040027981;13:
> > 2661949065475413;5:
> > You forgot people claiming every warzone game is farm
>
>
> Farming in war zone is a real problem for a lot of people of course not every game is a farming game but people do need to understand the definition and what to look for when a so-called farming game happens.

Out of 450+ games, I’ve only been farmed twice. It’s not as big a problem as people put it.

> 2535455681930574;1:
> “All the Reach armor is better than the halo 5 armor.” Reach had its fair share of crap armor. Yes, there’s a hell of a lot more crap armor in halo 5, but there’s a hell of a lot more armor in general in halo 5. You honestly could probably find as many armors that you like in halo 5 as Reach (at least if you take off your nostalgia goggles).

Sorry OP but I don’t think I’m misinformed when I say most of Halo 5’s armor is ugly. I can tell you that far more than half of Halo 5’s armor is too ugly for me to wear, and that wasn’t the case in Reach.

I’m not saying 343 hasn’t made some cool armors (in fact, they designed my favorite helmet, the Locus) and I know Reach had some ugly armors too but the truth is that most of Halo 5’s armor is ugly and I think that’s a problem, even if we’re not comparing it to Reach. That isn’t just nostalgia goggles talking.

> 2535455681930574;1:
> “The WZFF prometheans are the same as the campaign prometheans.” The firefight prometheans are bullet sponges. The campaign prometheans are not and are pretty fun to fight. They could be better though.

Has anybody said this? I don’t think anybody has ever said this. I’m pretty sure the community knows the WZFF Prometheans are ridiculous bullet sponges compared to the ones found in campaign.

> 2535455681930574;1:
> “Halo 5 is a twitch shooter.” Calling halo 5 a twitch shooter is like calling ce a twitch shooter. There’s a low TTK in both games, but none qualify as a twitch shooter.

Can you define a twitch shooter, then?

> 2535455681930574;1:
> “343 don’t care about you only your money.”
>
> I wouldn’t say everybody, but it’s a mistake to think that in a gaming company like 343, that there doesn’t exist a far amount of people doing it for the money.
>
> “There are a small number of maps in halo 5.”
>
> If you don’t count forge maps its around 22 maps in total made by them, with around 5-8 of them being remixes.
>
> “All the Reach armor is better than the halo 5 armor.”
>
> Actually no I can’t, but thats my opinion. Personally I only disliked around 4 of reaches armor, but that was only the helmets, I liked everything else. You could say I’m nostalgic but i just think I like different things.
>
> “Hidden ranks make social playlists competitive.”
>
> Thing is, they are a little too tight on the current social playlists, added with the fact that they add to your overall K.D. as well as commendations, it encourages people to try just as hard in the playlists as if it were a ranked game.
>
> “Halo CE-3 didn’t copy any mechanics from other games while halo 5 does.”
>
> In my opinion it’s not the fact that Halo 5 copied mechanics, but that it copied mechanics that weren’t so favorable, such as sprint and spartan charge. I could care less if another game copies another as long as it provides a fun experience, which Halo 5 ultimately doesn’t for me aside from forge/customs.
>
> “343 are lazy.”
>
>
> I never took issue with this, I see them as lazy because common playlists from other games aren’t in yet, and many refuse to address the waypoint community. They could easily come out with simple statements or explain to us why they do what they do but so far, nothing but a small comment every here and there.
>
> “343 lied to us in the marketing.” No, Microsoft lied to us in the marketing. They do the marketing, not 343.
>
> I didn’t know microsoft made all those cutscenes, especially the one in H2A, or hunt the truth.
>
> “The WZFF prometheans are the same as the campaign prometheans.”
>
> Can’t say I’ve seen this kind of complaint. Doesn’t change the fact that people are mad over how strong they are in firefight, or how they are fun to fight in your opinion.
>
> “Halo 5 has a massive amount of bullet magnetism.”
>
> I saw something a while back showing how just shooting within a spartan away from your enemy gave you the chance to actually hit them. I didn’t know that was aim assist. But I don’t really know much about this so eh.
>
> “Warzone was a failure.”
>
> Improved? The grunt goblin thats never killed, the constant rushing, feeling of playing a gigantic slayer match, and then the fact that there are only 5 or 6 maps with the rotation system being absolutely terrible at rotating.
>
> “Halo 5 has a small amount of playlists.”
>
> It has less than the previous two Halos(excluding MCC). A game is supposed to evolve and have more, something Halo 5 couldn’t even get half right.
>
> “Halo 5 has a low population.”
>
> Depends on what is meant by low…
>
> “Halo 5 is a twitch shooter.”
>
> Its small radar, and enhanced movement make combat faster, by that I mean you need a high reaction time to even compete with a guy who saw you first. Normally that guy wins unless you are a bad -yoink. Spartan charge being capable of killing you before it even shows up on radar doesn’t help. Combined with Aim assist and Bullet magnetism, yeah can’t say that it doesn’t at least emulate the twitch feel.
>
> “343 doesn’t care to casual players and halo 5 is too competitive.”
>
> Infection has 7 maps, griftball can get sweaty as all get up for them wins, sword and gravity hammer kills. BTB has improved, but is still behind past iterations. Breakout is ranked. I’ll give action sack to you. Warzone is sweaty, just cause it’s unbalanced doesn’t mean people don’t try their junk off. Assault is in between. Then firefight is impossible to relax in due to the frequent need to have better REQ’s and find a safe spot away from everything to kill the boss since the enemies are too strong.
>
> “Halo 5’s updates were cut content.”
>
> Simply you’re opinion on how much of it was cut, I’d say around 25% Otherwise I agree that there is some evidence supporting a troubled creation.
>
> “Halo 5’s sprint speed is halo 3’s BMS.” I’m too lazy to search up evidence, but I know for a fact that this isn’t true and that someone actually tested it.
>
> I tried testing it by going around all the midship maps from each game that had it, halo 5 was roughly around the same time as Halo 3 and 2. Probably a second or so more to get around(while sprinting BTW). You can refuse it, but unless somebody did a better test I stand by my point.
>
> “Halo 5’s servers are the worst.”
>
> That’s the problem, in places outside the US, many players get screwed over, I don’t live outside the US so I don’t know much but from what I heard, it sucks the farther you are away from the US.
> I hope you guys found this informative and if you see anyone who claims any of these are true, make sure you bring down the facts on them :slight_smile:
>
> A lot of this is pure opinion based since nobody has any facts on their side, not even you. This list has nothing to back it up unless you got tweets, screenshots, statements and other stuff. Right now nobody knows whats going on or what’s true.

My post’s are in bold.

Agree on everything except for the armors, I really like that Halo 5 has a HUGE amount of armors, but more than the half are just reskins and reskins, since Halo reach’s or any other armors from other games (except for CE and 2 because they didn’t have armor customization) were unique, and if they had variants they had pretty inconic features that made them different, while Halo 5 armors just have a bunch of random shapes or lines painted on the armor, only a few ones had pretty good reskins like the recruit charred.

> 2533274904158628;16:
> > 2535455681930574;1:
> > “All the Reach armor is better than the halo 5 armor.” Reach had its fair share of crap armor. Yes, there’s a hell of a lot more crap armor in halo 5, but there’s a hell of a lot more armor in general in halo 5. You honestly could probably find as many armors that you like in halo 5 as Reach (at least if you take off your nostalgia goggles).
>
>
> Sorry OP but I don’t think I’m misinformed when I say most of Halo 5’s armor is ugly. I can tell you that far more than half of Halo 5’s armor is too ugly for me to wear, and that wasn’t the case in Reach.
>
> I’m not saying 343 hasn’t made some cool armors (in fact, they designed my favorite helmet, the Locus) and I know Reach had some ugly armors too but the truth is that most of Halo 5’s armor is ugly and I think that’s a problem, even if we’re not comparing it to Reach. That isn’t just nostalgia goggles talking.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535455681930574;1:
> > “The WZFF prometheans are the same as the campaign prometheans.” The firefight prometheans are bullet sponges. The campaign prometheans are not and are pretty fun to fight. They could be better though.
>
>
> Has anybody said this? I don’t think anybody has ever said this. I’m pretty sure the community knows the WZFF Prometheans are ridiculous bullet sponges compared to the ones found in campaign.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535455681930574;1:
> > “Halo 5 is a twitch shooter.” Calling halo 5 a twitch shooter is like calling ce a twitch shooter. There’s a low TTK in both games, but none qualify as a twitch shooter.
>
>
> Can you define a twitch shooter, then?

That wasn’t the point I was trying to make. Because there’s a lot of bad armors in halo 5 and a lot of good ones in Reach, many make the assumption that all Reach are great and all halo 5 armors suck.

They have stated they hate the prometheans because they are bullet sponges, but that is only apparent in warzone.

Here you go. They give a definition of both an arena shooter and a twitch shooter.

> 2535411548517898;18:
> Agree on everything except for the armors, I really like that Halo 5 has a HUGE amount of armors, but more than the half are just reskins and reskins, since Halo reach’s or any other armors from other games (except for CE and 2 because they didn’t have armor customization) were unique, and if they had variants they had pretty inconic features that made them different, while Halo 5 armors just have a bunch of random shapes or lines painted on the armor, only a few ones had pretty good reskins like the recruit charred.

I think you have misinterpreted my point. I was trying to point out that there may be a lot of bad halo 5 armors, but some are actually better than some Reach armor.