The community does not want bloom in Halo 4.

Bloom does not add to the skill gap and is bad for competitive play. Bloom better not be in the final version of the game.

Boy… someone’s getting some balls thinking that he speaks for all of the Halo players everywhere…

I disagree, OP. If you’re good at Halo, you can adapt to any change. Including bloom (which actually has a negligible effect on the actual gameplay itself).

:wink:

I have no real strong feelings towards bloom.

However, I absolutely HATE it when people make polls like this which have a “Right” answer. Can People please stop doing that?

Theirs already a poll(that doesn’t offend your opinion) on another thread where the majority of the community didn’t mind bloom as long as it was tweaked and not the same as reach’s bloom was.

I my avg is 22-4 in halo reach and honestly i think bloom is good.

This topic =/= The Halo Community
These forums =/= The Halo Community

Your post is invalid.

> Boy… someone’s getting some balls thinking that he speaks for all of the Halo players everywhere…
>
> I disagree, OP. If you’re good at Halo, you can adapt to any change. Including bloom (which actually has a negligible effect on the actual gameplay itself).
>
> :wink:

I’m not going hack Halo 4 and get the coding for bloom so I know where to aim for every shot I fire…

Bloom is a random and bad game mechinic and a Sci-fi arena game like Halo does not need it.

Your poll is biased towards your horrible opinion, great thread.

> Boy… someone’s getting some balls thinking that he speaks for all of the Halo players everywhere…
>
> I disagree, OP. If you’re good at Halo, you can adapt to any change. Including bloom (which actually has a negligible effect on the actual gameplay itself).
>
> :wink:

Poll is 0-5, lol.

OP’s troll tryhard topic is fail.

Bungie has stated NUMEROUS times, Bloom was in Halo from the beginning, but the first time it was VISUALLY SHOWN was Reach.

Oh…

Last time I checked I’ve been an active part of the Halo community for about 6-7 years now…and I really don’t have any problems with the concept of bloom if it is implemented right.

Beside that, if bloom has no place in Halo how do you explain the “invisible” bloom system that’s always been in Halo games?
And how can you accept additions made to the series from H2 onwards? Dual wielding was not invented by Halo so by the logic that “everything that is “extra” doesn’t belong in Halo” things like DW should also never have been brought in…

Just admit you personally don’t like the system. But don’t act as if you’re talking for an entire community. Nor should you pretend to know things better than people who studied game design and have been doing it for years and years. Nor should you act as if any change you personally don’t like instantly makes a game bad by any objective means…because that simply isn’t the case.

Well, I think the DMR and pistol, if they’re anything like their reach counterparts, are going to need some kind of bloom to offset their power. If there was no bloom, then 343i would probably have to tone down their power.

I don’t know, but didn’t 343i say that there was no bloom in Halo 4??

Bloom can actually help to increase skill gap (if done right) because it adds a timing factor to standard point-and-shoot combat.

The problem with Reach is there is too much auto-aim/aim-magnetism and hitboxes were too big. The skill gap needed to line up a shot was too easy, so reticles would just glue onto each other. The hitboxes were way too forgiving and made pacing shots very unnecessary. Reach became a gambling match on who could maximize their RoF to fully exploit hitboxes and auto-aim.

If auto-aim/aim-magnetism along with hitboxes are done correctly for Halo 4, then bloom will actually become a features which greatly favors skilled players. A multitude of other games have managed to incorporate bloom without it becoming a negative factor of game play, including very competitive classic shooters like Counter Strike.

> > Boy… someone’s getting some balls thinking that he speaks for all of the Halo players everywhere…
> >
> > I disagree, OP. If you’re good at Halo, you can adapt to any change. Including bloom (which actually has a negligible effect on the actual gameplay itself).
> >
> > :wink:
>
> I’m not going hack Halo 4 and get the coding for bloom so I know where to aim for every shot I fire…
>
>
>
> Bloom is a random and bad game mechinic and a Sci-fi arena game like Halo does not need it.

There is so much arrogant ignorance in this post that I have no idea where to start the dismantling process…

I’m part of the community and I would like bloom for all weapons.

> Bloom can actually help to increase skill gap (if done right) because it adds a timing factor to standard point-and-shoot combat.
>
> The problem with Reach is there is too much auto-aim/aim-magnetism and hitboxes were too big. The skill gap needed to line up a shot was too easy, so reticles would just glue onto each other. The hitboxes were way too forgiving and made pacing shots very unnecessary. Reach became a gambling match on who could maximize their RoF to fully exploit hitboxes and auto-aim.
>
> If auto-aim/aim-magnetism along with hitboxes are done correctly for Halo 4, then bloom will actually become a features which greatly favors skilled players. A multitude of other games have managed to incorporate bloom without it becoming a negative factor of game play, including very competitive classic shooters like Counter Strike.

I recently sniped 2 guys w/ 1 shot on Swordbase. I went back to look at the film and the bullet sailed over both of their shoulders :S

> Well, I think the DMR and pistol, if they’re anything like their reach counterparts, are going to need some kind of bloom to offset their power. If there was no bloom, then 343i would probably have to tone down their power.
>
> I don’t know, but didn’t 343i say that there was no bloom in Halo 4??

If i recall, just after the gameplay vidoc, they explained that some guns have different firing mechanics.

And accotding to a statement on neogaf, the dmr bloom is like the sniper’s: allowing you to know when its ready to fire since its rof has been decreased

Also to the op. Your biased “right/wrong” poll is going to bring more attention to your arrogance than to the return of bloom itself.

Huh. Nice poll options OP…

You’re welcome to recreate your poll with appropriate and NOT flamebait-y (yes, technical terms people!) options and OP.

Thanks! :slight_smile: