The colour black - Spartan Customisation

Why is it that in every Halo game you can never change your Spartan to the colour black? There’s an option for dark grey, but never black… It’s really not much to ask, but I would love to be able to make my Spartan colours black.

*No it’s spelt colour

the reason why it was removed in the first place was because in Halo 1 and 2 you could almost literally be invisible in the shadows. But now that shading, lighting and graphics have improved since the first 2 games I really think Black should be reintroduced.

we can have any colour we want, as long as it’s black.

I like that there’s no black.

OT: maybe it’s like that scene in Resevoir Dogs when they talk about why there’s no Mr. Black: because everybody wants to be MR. Black.
Seriously though, a lot of people would be picking black.

HCE went black, so we can never go back :wink:

it’s funny that even if the MP shadow invisibility with the color black was a problem the devs did not allow us to use it in campaign either

The color black would be nice, I’ve missed it since Halo CE.

> Why is it that in every Halo game you can never change your Spartan to the colour black? There’s an option for dark grey, but never black… It’s really not much to ask, but I would love to be able to make my Spartan colours black.
>
> *No it’s spelt colour

But it’s not spelled spelt.

[deleted]

> Why is it that in every Halo game you can never change your Spartan to the colour black? There’s an option for dark grey, but never black… It’s really not much to ask, but I would love to be able to make my Spartan colours black.
>
> *No it’s spelt colour

We Brits spell it like that, Americans spell it differently.

Anyway, colour black = awesome :smiley:

> the reason why it was removed in the first place was because in Halo 1 and 2 you could almost literally be invisible in the shadows. But now that shading, lighting and graphics have improved since the first 2 games I really think Black should be reintroduced.
>
> we can have any colour we want, as long as it’s black.

Wrong, black was ONLY available in Halo CE. Halo 2 did not have black, I often lamented over that. They had the dark grey instead, but nowhere near black.

Unfortunately, it’s true. Better to not include black, simply because it IS a huge tactical advantage no matter what anyone says, in video games, black is the best camo due o lighting tech not being as good as it can be.

So basically in any FFA gametypes you would be at a disadvantage not using black (even though it’s not totally huge) but it would kind of suck knowing that if you’re not using black you’re at some disadvantage. This would kind of put a downer on the whole express your identity via different colors etc aspect of customization.

Personally I don’t care that much, colors are the last thing I’m worried about in Halo atm.

And colour is fine, same with armour/armor.

You can actually select black as a colour in custom games, so its not like its not in the game, from what I’ve seen, its just as obvious as any other colour, unless you’re playing on a map with heavily modified lighting effects.

Actually in Reach, in custom games you can force a color, and black is an option. It’s not much different from steel, but it looks pretty cool, but it’s only in custom games so it’s a bit sad. Black is where it’s at, but I have to agree with the whole Reservoir Dogs explanation. Everyone would be black, well a very large portion of people would anyway. I know I would.

I want black, it’s my favorite color.

I really would like it too, but in a digital game, the colour black would make the armor inexistent, so also invincible or invisible.

> the reason why it was removed in the first place was because in Halo 1 and 2 you could almost literally be invisible in the shadows. But now that shading, lighting and graphics have improved since the first 2 games I really think Black should be reintroduced.
>
> we can have any colour we want, as long as it’s black.

Actually no. Even blue and red teams have advantages in certain areas in Reach. Notice how colors for red and blue are much lighter on all H4 screenshots. I like that. Since halo doesn’t have character highlighting, it can’t have black characters.

I say no to this.

> I like that there’s no black.
>
> OT: maybe it’s like that scene in Resevoir Dogs when they talk about why there’s no Mr. Black: because everybody wants to be MR. Black.
> Seriously though, a lot of people would be picking black.

Because its a ba color…
I want a true black to be in halo 4 so badly, its not even funny. I’m tired of that cheap steel crap.

> I want black, it’s my favorite color.

Black isn’t a color, it’s a hue.

And I’m a know-it-all.

You guys are forgetting that there are ways to make black seen in dark places. I also hope it does come back.

> > the reason why it was removed in the first place was because in Halo 1 and 2 you could almost literally be invisible in the shadows. But now that shading, lighting and graphics have improved since the first 2 games I really think Black should be reintroduced.
> >
> > we can have any colour we want, as long as it’s black.
>
> Wrong, black was ONLY available in Halo CE. Halo 2 did not have black, I often lamented over that. They had the dark grey instead, but nowhere near black.
>
> Unfortunately, it’s true. Better to not include black, simply because it IS a huge tactical advantage no matter what anyone says, in video games, black is the best camo due o lighting tech not being as good as it can be.
>
> So basically in any FFA gametypes you would be at a disadvantage not using black (even though it’s not totally huge) but it would kind of suck knowing that if you’re not using black you’re at some disadvantage. This would kind of put a downer on the whole express your identity via different colors etc aspect of customization.
>
> Personally I don’t care that much, colors are the last thing I’m worried about in Halo atm.
>
> And colour is fine, same with armour/armor.

But we can have camo skins?

> > the reason why it was removed in the first place was because in Halo 1 and 2 you could almost literally be invisible in the shadows. But now that shading, lighting and graphics have improved since the first 2 games I really think Black should be reintroduced.
> >
> > we can have any colour we want, as long as it’s black.
>
> Wrong, black was ONLY available in Halo CE. Halo 2 did not have black, I often lamented over that. They had the dark grey instead, but nowhere near black.
>
> Unfortunately, it’s true. <mark>Better to not include black, simply because it IS a huge tactical advantage no matter what anyone says, in video games, black is the best camo due o lighting tech not being as good as it can be.</mark>
>
> So basically in any FFA gametypes you would be at a disadvantage not using black (even though it’s not totally huge) but it would kind of suck knowing that if you’re not using black you’re at some disadvantage. This would kind of put a downer on the whole express your identity via different colors etc aspect of customization.
>
> Personally I don’t care that much, colors are the last thing I’m worried about in Halo atm.
>
> And colour is fine, same with armour/armor.

Ah huh? That’s why all armies use the colour black to camouflage their soldiers! I’m afraid not.

Dark green employs the highest tactical advantage because we do not typically notice things that look like trees and bushes in the distance or even close and our subconcious partially ignores it. I can guarentee that if you used the colour black on Sandtrap, Last Resort or even Power house you would be noticed in a second. And considering we can now create our own custom camo’s man I’m going to be using professional army camouflage. A fact is that grey was the most effective colour to use in matchmaking in Reach because 70% of the maps we play are from forge world and all of the objects are simply grey. You cannot deny that black would be easier to see in forge world then grey. And considering the fact that Halo 4’s lighting is very bright why not add it? There’s just no good reason as to why not they didn’t in Reach or even Halo 3. Honestly unless we’re playing the campaign mission nightfall 24/7 it does not give an advantage at all.