The color black

I’m not sure about anyone else, but i would love to have the actual Color black be an option for armor color(s) it’s something that bugs me alot about Halo , it would complete Infinite for me.

Yeah I agree… Blacked out Spartan would be soooo sick. My current Armors have to be Steel which are okish but would prefer an actual black as well. Especially with that new camo pattern you can get would love to do a Black/Grey urban pattern.

The black Spartans were missing for balancing reasons I believe (dark areas of the maps), but with the red outlines this is now not a concern so I don’t see why they can’t make a return.

> 2607664605677189;3:
> The black Spartans were missing for balancing reasons I believe (dark areas of the maps), but with the red outlines this is now not a concern so I don’t see why they can’t make a return.

I suppose… It doesn’t have to be like jet black… but on many maps when playing teams there is a def advantage being either blue or red as you can blend in better on certain maps depending… So if that’s the reason and they didn’t want a bunch of black clad Spartans running around everywhere then I guess that’s a ‘reason’ kind of a weak one IMO… but oh well. Hopefully…

This picture from the press kit definitely looks like a decent blackish color… I guess more of a dark gun metal but I’m digging it. If there isn’t a black will probably go with this and hope the camo layer will let you add to different colors so I can get an ‘urban’ black/grey camo.

I want all base colors as amour coatings. Gonna be kinda mad If I can’t be fully yellow.

> 2533274846214173;2:
> Yeah I agree… Blacked out Spartan would be soooo sick. My current Armors have to be Steel which are okish but would prefer an actual black as well. Especially with that new camo pattern you can get would love to do a Black/Grey urban pattern.

I came to comment exactly what you said about the black/grey urban pattern lol. if that’s in the game it’d probably be one of the ones I used the most.

> 2533274924310758;6:
> > 2533274846214173;2:
> > Yeah I agree… Blacked out Spartan would be soooo sick. My current Armors have to be Steel which are okish but would prefer an actual black as well. Especially with that new camo pattern you can get would love to do a Black/Grey urban pattern.
>
> I came to comment exactly what you said about the black/grey urban pattern lol. if that’s in the game it’d probably be one of the ones I used the most.

It would look great, I’d probably rock it as well.

If 343 see some demand for it I’m sure they’ll add it to the in-game store for a very reasonable $20

> 2607664605677189;7:
> > 2533274924310758;6:
> > > 2533274846214173;2:
> > > Yeah I agree… Blacked out Spartan would be soooo sick. My current Armors have to be Steel which are okish but would prefer an actual black as well. Especially with that new camo pattern you can get would love to do a Black/Grey urban pattern.
> >
> > I came to comment exactly what you said about the black/grey urban pattern lol. if that’s in the game it’d probably be one of the ones I used the most.
>
> It would look great, I’d probably rock it as well.
>
> If 343 see some demand for it I’m sure they’ll add it to the in-game store for a very reasonable $20

In a more realistic tone I could see armor coatings going anywhere from 2 bucks to 10 bucks for the cooler ones. sorta like a rarity system, with solid colors or simple 2 color combinations being the cheaper ones, and more comlpicated ones, maybe a complex pattern, being the more expensive ones. I could see the ones sam mentioned going for around the middle of that price range.

I agree.

Alright it’s awesome to see I’m not the only one

I would also like to paint stuff black. Full tacticool, operator AF.

An absolute black shade of armor coating like Batman would be super cool! The black in Halo 5 is more like a dark grey which makes sense because they don’t want people to hide in dark corners. What doesn’t really make sense is that Halo maps in general don’t seem to have many dark corners to hide in to begin with lol. Even most of the Halo 5 maps, which I found to be more muted and darker than most Halo maps from previous games, didn’t really have dark corners that you could hide in like maps in Call of Duty do. With the outlines being a thing I would think hiding in corners would be even less of a viable strategy now so hopefully they will be able to give us a true black color. Speaking of armor coatings I hope they eventually make some that are animated. Maybe that would look a little too corny or out of place but they have animated visors in MCC so it isn’t too far out of the realm of possibility at least technically speaking.

I don’t know bros, I’m kinda worried remember what the Didact did to Black armored Spartans.

I know I’m bringing this back up but I am truly hopeful of 343 allowing the color black to be an option. Opinions?

I remember being so mad when halo2 dropped and all they had was steel. lol, and every game after never had true black as a color which also bugged me alot too lol

sooo…heres hoping we can finally have an all black spartan like we did in halo :CE :,)

Black doesn’t really make sense to me as an armor color, though I get why people would want it nothing is better then tacticool. That said I would rather have a Navy blue “stealth” coat. Something based of real life ninja clothing, dark blue designed to fool the eye at night and break up the silhouette.

I hope they a custom color wheel. That would SO MANY new color scheme options.

> 2607664605677189;7:
> > 2533274924310758;6:
> > > 2533274846214173;2:
> > > Yeah I agree… Blacked out Spartan would be soooo sick. My current Armors have to be Steel which are okish but would prefer an actual black as well. Especially with that new camo pattern you can get would love to do a Black/Grey urban pattern.
> >
> > I came to comment exactly what you said about the black/grey urban pattern lol. if that’s in the game it’d probably be one of the ones I used the most.
>
> It would look great, I’d probably rock it as well.
>
> If 343 see some demand for it I’m sure they’ll add it to the in-game store for a very reasonable $20

I’m pretty sure that’s not how that works

> 2533274882898126;18:
> > 2607664605677189;7:
> > > 2533274924310758;6:
> > > I came to comment exactly what you said about the black/grey urban pattern lol. if that’s in the game it’d probably be one of the ones I used the most.
> >
> > It would look great, I’d probably rock it as well.
> >
> > If 343 see some demand for it I’m sure they’ll add it to the in-game store for a very reasonable $20
>
> I’m pretty sure that’s not how that works

The comment was sarcasm really but it wouldn’t surprise me

> 2533274802846296;17:
> I hope they a custom color wheel. That would SO MANY new color scheme options.

Were it so easy.

There won’t be a colour wheel. Our colour system has been replaced with pre set coatings. If players want black they have to hope 343i make black coatings available. Or… Have a black armour available to buy in the store.