The Codpiece returns!

The new decimator armor set would be the first gen2 armor set to have a codpiece I believe, as well as having a more complete armor set similar to armor under bungie, hopefully we see more gen2 sets like this

(Decimator, sage on the right) http://m.imgur.com/0rqZGe4

I think 343 has finally learned to hire an artist that isn’t Kanye West to design the armor
(Even if it is seemingly based on bungies’ MKV (b))

I wonder if I can separately color my codpiece. Make it really stand out.
“A three-coat waxing is just my way of saying I care!”

> 2533274937693641;1:
> The new decimator armor set would be the first gen2 armor set to have a codpiece I believe, as well as having a more complete armor set similar to armor under bungie, hopefully we see more gen2 sets like this
>
> (Decimator, sage on the right) http://m.imgur.com/0rqZGe4
>
> I think 343 has finally learned to hire an artist that isn’t Kanye West to design the armor
> (Even if it is seemingly based on bungies’ MKV (b))

I think 343 realized that 1/3 of the armors looked bad, fired the old designer and hired a new one. All the DLC armors look pretty good.
Hopefully in Halo 6 we’ll have only good sets, but at least Halo 5 is a huge improvement to Halo 4, in which almos every armor looks bad.

> 2533274941727894;3:
> > 2533274937693641;1:
> > The new decimator armor set would be the first gen2 armor set to have a codpiece I believe, as well as having a more complete armor set similar to armor under bungie, hopefully we see more gen2 sets like this
> >
> > (Decimator, sage on the right) http://m.imgur.com/0rqZGe4
> >
> > I think 343 has finally learned to hire an artist that isn’t Kanye West to design the armor
> > (Even if it is seemingly based on bungies’ MKV (b))
>
>
> I think 343 realized that 1/3 of the armors looked bad, fired the old designer and hired a new one. All the DLC armors look pretty good.
> Hopefully in Halo 6 we’ll have only good sets, but at least Halo 5 is a huge improvement to Halo 4, in which almos every armor looks bad.

Amazes me some of them managed to even get past initial concepts haha, yeah completely agree, and I think they have realised a disproportionate amount of people would rather armors that retain the old halo style such as Mk6, 4, 5, noble and odst

> 2533274937693641;1:
> http://m.imgur.com/0rqZGe4

I got you.

Codpieces FTW! Now we need more armor that has them!

And yes, the crotch armor ALL the way around the waist is excellent. It’s why I mainly stick to the Mjolnir Gen 1 armors, having no lower torso armor looks like an injury waiting to happen,

Fun Fact: Decimator was originally revealed in a Canon Fodder, in which it was claimed to be visually identical to the Mark VII. The fact that it also bears similarity to the Mark V (B) is a double win.

> 2533274881560701;7:
> And yes, the crotch armor ALL the way around the waist is excellent. It’s why I mainly stick to the Mjolnir Gen 1 armors, having no lower torso armor looks like an injury waiting to happen,

Cheers haha,

yeah same here, somehow armor that protects everywhere but the squishy bits seems counterproductive

The only reason it has a codpiece is because it’s a remake of older armor. (The recruit armor from Halo Reach; MarkV B) The same happened for Mark IV, Mark V, and mark VI. And Noble.
Remaking old armor is hardly a progressive thing to do. While I appreciate and love the armor, I’m hoping not ALL of it will be remakes.

> 2533274937693641;9:
> > 2533274881560701;7:
> > And yes, the crotch armor ALL the way around the waist is excellent. It’s why I mainly stick to the Mjolnir Gen 1 armors, having no lower torso armor looks like an injury waiting to happen,
>
>
> Cheers haha,
>
> yeah same here, somehow armor th at protects everywhere but the squishy bits seems counterproductive

I don’t about you, but I’d feel much better about having armor over my jewels than without. I’d rather a stray plasma shot not melt off the goods.

Now all we need is an option for solid black under suits.

> 2533274974033696;10:
> The only reason it has a codpiece is because it’s a remake of older armor. (The recruit armor from Halo Reach; MarkV B) The same happened for Mark IV, Mark V, and mark VI. And Noble.
> Remaking old armor is hardly a progressive thing to do. While I appreciate and love the armor, I’m hoping not ALL of it will be remakes.

Yeah, I noticed that it is just the Mark V B, but hey, it looks great. If only there was an option to put a 360 degree waist codpiece on any armor.

I love everything about the Decimation armor, save for the “space diaper”. I mean its sleek, functional, and continues the Mk VI visuals with less bulk. But then there’s the diaper. Ugh! I’ll probably just rock the Decimator helmet, Hunter armor, Legendary visor, and an olive drab paint with blue accents.

My spartan will finally have a cockpiece again.

> 2533274815543309;13:
> I love everything about the Decimation armor, save for the “space diaper”. I mean its sleek, functional, and continues the Mk VI visuals with less bulk. But then there’s the diaper. Ugh! I’ll probably just rock the Decimator helmet, Hunter armor, Legendary visor, and an olive drab paint with blue accents.

“Space diaper”

Don’t you know how they go to the bathroom in Mjolnir?

The answer is obvious.

I was kinda ambivalent about the missing codpieces. These Gen 2 Mjolnirs were supposed to be technical upgrades, with better protection from the undersuit, so who’s to say that the Gen 2 testers (in the Halo universe) thought that, with the new emphasis on spartan mobility capabilities, the codpiece got in the way of fully utilizing the motions? It’s like the football players who don’t wear protective cups (read: 99% of them). Is that dangerous for their dangly bits? Yes. But it allows them to move around more freely.

I’m fine with the new armor in the update having one, I just didn’t think we were losing out on too much.

Hated these things. Diapers - what I called them.
But still - it looks a lot like Mark V.

I didn’t care too much about the lack of “diaper” in H4 because it seemed there was at least an armor plate there. Now there pretty much isn’t. But with these new armors, we might see a resurgence in the groin-protecting diaper of the future.

Our crotches are now protected once more!

> 2533274881560701;7:
> And yes, the crotch armor ALL the way around the waist is excellent. It’s why I mainly stick to the Mjolnir Gen 1 armors, having no lower torso armor looks like an injury waiting to happen,

Yeah it’s like a sign reading: “Insert bullet here for maximum pain and death”

Glad our lower torso is protected once more, safety first Spartans.