Hey everyone. Im a , or i was a diamond 5 in domination, and a diamond 4 in Standard (im not calling it deathmatch, you’ll know why if you played halo wars 1. ) What was your playlist rank? Tell me in the comments below(: along with your strategy you use tp achieve.
My strategy is the Chopper Rush / Boom strategy I came up with the 2nd day of the beta. I didnt want to speak on this during the beta because then we’d have the 2% of players sweating already, but with an unbeatable strat, and the other 98% will either be chopper spam or quit playing after 20 matches of lossing or refusing to use choppers, sincd theirs alot more useful units now that cant be ultilized since choppers can win games in under 10 minutes, and almost everyone wanted long, epic battles of varied units, which is why everyone hated the average game time of domination.
I also say this idea as mine, because everyone was clueless on this game, including me , but i always made choppers after the first day of the beta after seeing how effective they are, being able to take on 2 starting unit groups alone in domination. Everyone at this period spammed at the least, infantry out of their base. Unless your like me who found a great strat in a new game everyones learning so you have the advantage over everyone else, please tell me so i wont make a false claim i made this strategy (which i probaby am, someone could of done this the first day but never made it known.
After the first day of the beta, I learned how overpowering Atriox is if your building choppers early. I realized your able to wipe out both enemy player’s starting units, and control the pacing of the game and the map. You’ll deny expansion bases and capture point attempts, and be significantly ahead of your opponent. A army for them would be built 5 minutes after yours.
Now, in Standard , the chopper has been even more powerful, since theirs way less units to deal with at the start, since all players start with 2 marines / grunts. As we all know, warthogs / choppers > Infantry. The only thing the unsc can do until tech 2 is make infantry. Atriox > Cutter at tech 1. Early game happens to also dictate more often who will win the match due to the significance of map control. Choppers excel in this, and can deny base expansions, halt map control from the enemy, and they collect resources, and are very cheap. By 8 minutes you can have 15+, and the unsc or atriox player (assuming he isnt going choppers) realistically wont have a army or size up the matter to rival that.
My strat usually revolves on this build order :
Warhouse, warhouse, chopper , chopper, 3x warhouse, spam choppers. Have 1 grunt squad collecting resources from the start, have your first chopper on your side of the map with the power nodes drive off enemies off the points, hunt down snipers, etc. Have him collecting supplies otherwise. The 2nd one will gather supplies or help your first chopper in early skirmishes.
Buy a 2nd base, build nothing but power extractors (3). Double pump choppers mindful of your economy with your extra base.
Once you have 8 + choppers, buy a base on their side, and attack one of the enemies. Attack the covenant first of thiers any. The unsc cant do anything. If you attack him first, the covenant can potentially build up choppers or turrets as he watches his teammate die. The covie is your main threat. If the enemy has turrets, go to the other player. If they both have turrets, go the the base your building on their side, and protect it.
Build unit production building on it, upgrade the base once. Build turrets and a shield if your at tech 2 (you’ll have great economy, when you tecn up is up to you.) If you dont manage to kill a enemy player, this is whats next . The chopper spam, actually has a plan B, it has a mid - late game setup you do early game to grant you the advantage on enemies.
You have the economy of a supply base and a power base. Now you have a descent army for early to mid tech 2 phase, and your army is being built faster than everyone, let alone the fact the enemy slowed down by making turrets, or their dead because you killed one of them. Your eco skyrockets and your army will be out before their at even a quarter of their population out on the field. Your ally will also be ahead of the enemy.
Thats my Chopper Boom / Base Rush Strategy
Whats your tactic for success? Share your ideas.