The Challenges are Pathetic

Save a screenshot ?

Create a map in forge ?

IN WHAT ********** way are those challenging except for casual players and children ?

343i are sellouts to longtime fans who want achievements of significance that are at least somewhat challenging.

Achievements should be creative.

and challenging.

Halo 4’s are not. That is all.

Then don’t do them?

No one is forcing you to.

At first I was a bit disappointed with these achievements, but then I realised that this is a great way to introduce these features players new to the franchise.

> Then don’t do them?
>
> No one is forcing you to.

I don’t think you get my obviously simple point.

I was hoping for really cool challenges and am let down with expectation of crappy ones instead.

It’s pretty sad that that is all a multifaceted multimillion $$$ studio can come up with.

> At first I was a bit disappointed with these achievements, but then I realised that this is a great way to introduce these features players new to the franchise.

You are completely incorrect.

Having achievements for doing a simple task is not helping a person
how to learn to do those tasks in the first place. It just rewards them
for doing them after they do them.

And if you were correct then that would still be bad, as it would be another example of 343i catering the game to newer players instead of making an awesome game and expecting those newer players to learn it and get with it if they want to be good.

You sure don’t see them making Metal Gear Solid or Ninja Gaiden for “newer players.”

> Then don’t do them?
>
> No one is forcing you to.

Seriously… It’s just a bonus to the experience of the game. The OP should relax and take this from a seven down to a one. I’m sure there are some that meet or exceed his/her standards. :=/

I would have liked Achievements similar to those in CEA. They were challenging and fun and campaign only (I hate ridiculous online Achievements like "get a killionaire with the plasma repeater after you died etc.).

> > At first I was a bit disappointed with these achievements, but then I realised that this is a great way to introduce these features players new to the franchise.
>
> You are completely incorrect.
>
> Having achievements for <mark>doing a simple task is not helping a person</mark>
> <mark>how to learn to do those tasks in the first place</mark>. It just rewards them
> for doing them after they do them.
>
> And if you were correct then that would still be bad, as it would be another example of 343i <mark>catering the game to newer players instead of making an awesome game and expecting those newer players to learn it</mark> and get with it if they want to be good.
>
> You sure don’t see them making Metal Gear Solid or Ninja Gaiden for “newer players.”

1. Yes it does. A lot of players play games just for achievements. Little Jimmy sees he has one achievement left - The Director - and is now curious as to how this works. He then performs the task, gets the gamerscore and has now learned how to use Theatre mode properly.
    Showcasing these features will hopefully give players more of a reason to keep playing the game, giving it a decent population.

2. They’ve stated numerous times that they are building H4 not only to satisfy veterans of the franchise, but to try and draw in new players as well.
    At the end of the day, they’re only a few achievements, so why do you care that much?

So you want achievements that are pretty much based on luck

OP - Be apart of the solution. Why don’t you provide examples of challenges that you would like to see instead of just trashing the challenges. That makes for a more meaningful conversation that people can take seriously. Other than that, you just look like a complainer for the sake of complaining.

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!

Let’s have a repeat of those challenging Halo 3 achievements which caused people to boost and do that old matchmaking exploit to join Lone Wolves with friends!

I enjoy hunting achievements, although the Halo 4 ones do look pretty simple and straight forward it has not put me off at all.

I would love to see some more Vidmaster type achievements, worth 0g but are there to unlock armour and skins.

Yup, a small team of people in 343i make a few easy achievements which must mean that THE ENTIRE COMPANY ARE IN IT FOR THE MONEY!

Logic… A power bestowed on a precious few people on this planet.

I am disappointed about the achievements, so I’ll try to make up some of my own or try currently existing ones (no shooting in campaign mode, you get the idea) but I wish I could be rewarded for doing them. There will probably be more achievements with DLC/SO though.

All seems quite standard I’m happy about it and what I was really intrigued about was that 343 actually made a achievement for Red vs blue the people at Rooster teeth must feel so happy about it. Also I hope the Daily and weekly challenges won’t be stale.

…Lets go back to Halo 3 for a second.

Drop a tank on someone in forge. Achievement unlocked.

Remember that one, that was fairly easy as well. Not every achievement will be hard. Those achievements look very fitting for a Halo game. The campaign ones are exactly what I would have expected as well as the Spartan Ops ones. Im not suprised by the achievements, they are exactly what a Halo game would have.

Are you serious?
They’re tutorial achievements and they’re worth 5g each, is it really a big deal at all?

I’d wager no.

You’re supposed to complete achievements as you play the game more. That was the idea of achievements in the first place, you unlock them as you progress and complete the game.

well at least they have the complete the game on legendary solo achievement. I got that month after reach was released. this achievement is going to be fun.

> Save a screenshot ?
>
> Create a map in forge ?
>
> IN WHAT ********** way are those challenging except for casual players and children ?
>
> 343i are sellouts to longtime fans who want achievements of significance that are at least somewhat challenging.
>
> Achievements should be creative.
>
> and challenging.
>
> Halo 4’s are not. That is all.

welcome to the forums. Every halo has had easy achievements. how is being a halo fan= achievement -Yoink!-? From the list i read many puns were made thats creative. and most of them require effort. calm down.

They can’t make every achievement hard that don’t all the time in the world to come up with new original challenging achievements. Plus its good for casuals who don’t like doing hard stuff. And remember that they have to limit the GS for every acievement, do you really want a hard achievement that is worth 5 or 10 GS because I sure as hell don’t. Its not like these are the only ones in the game I seen a few that might be challenging (the one to make a hunter walk off a cliff seems like it might be).