The Carbine doesn't need a buff.

I’ve switched from the BR to the Carbine. It doesn’t need a buff, it’s fire rate makes for average kill times. The aiming reticle shapes a Spartan’s head in an almost perfect size, which makes headshots easier for me. I’ve gotten pretty good with it, and my K/D ratio(sorry to bring it up, just evidence) is beginning to improve. Or, I’m just maturing as a Halo player. Does it need a buff or not? If it does why so?

I have one career Halo 4 kill with that gun. I can’t say fairly if it should be buffed or not. Although, playing against it, I would say it shoots almost like an automatic and I am sometimes outclassed by other players while I am using a BR. If I had to answer, I would say no.

All I can say is go into Throwdown against a good team, pick the carbine up off the map, and try to kill someone with it.

Then you will understand why it’s underpowered.

The gun doesn’t need a buff even though it is the worst weapon to use when not host under terrible connection issues.

The servers need improvement, and if that happens then people will realize that the thing is actually perfectly fine.

With a team shot it is devastating.

> All I can say is go into Throwdown against a good team, pick the carbine up off the map, and try to kill someone with it.
>
> Then you will understand why it’s underpowered.

I stand corrected.
Still, it works fine in other gametypes. One gametype is hardly a problem for the Carbine. If more problems arise that the Carbine is being outclassed, then it needs a buff.

My point is the gametypes aren’t the issue, it’s the ability of the average player himself.

A carbine user has to work literally almost twice as hard as a BR user. While the BR user can outstrafe most of the carbine’s shots, the carbine user can’t effectively outstrafe all of the BR’s shots.

The only redeeming thing is the fact the carbine has the most magnetism.

At the same time though I don’t necessarily want it straight buffed. I want it to be tweaked to be in a more unique niche.

It really needs a buff.

The Carbine beats a BR when ALL of the shots hit. The CC is fine. The DMR is the one that needs to be adjusted / removed.

I can still do okay with it, but the fact is that it has the slowest kill time of all the precision weapons, and more shots to kill, making it a lot less forgiving than the other weapons.

It doesn’t need a buff, and anybody who thinks it does just isn’t adept at using it.

That’s not meant to be an insult either, I’m pretty subpar with the Light Rifle, but I’ll freely admit that’s the case instead of calling for it to be buffed.

Increase just a little bit and its on a par with the LR and BR. Thats all it needs.

7sk with slower rof. Needs to have less shots some way some how, because the Carbine really requires to land those shots. Only a few times have I successfully taken out a br or dmr strafer with the Carbine. It looses slack over range, where as the br is still pretty accurate.

Your not going to land all your shots and you have a higher chance of missing more than someone with a 5sk single shot dmr or br.

> Increase just a little bit and its on a par with the LR and BR. Thats all it needs.

Increase what?

If anything the LR needs to be fixed slightly so people can’t abuse the 4 shot kill with 1 scoped shot followed by 3 bursts.

It takes a little practice to get used to but once your used to it, the weapon does become a little less fair to go toe to toe with in close range.

> My point is the gametypes aren’t the issue, it’s the ability of the average player himself.
>
> A carbine user has to work literally almost twice as hard as a BR user. While the BR user can outstrafe most of the carbine’s shots, the carbine user can’t effectively outstrafe all of the BR’s shots.
>
> The only redeeming thing is the fact the carbine has the most magnetism.
>
> At the same time though I don’t necessarily want it straight buffed. I want it to be tweaked to be in a more unique niche.

Im in accordance with you.

I think this weapon improves in the average player: aiming, strafe, headshoting and patience.

But i think too that this weapon needs a little baby bit buff, the reason? this weapons is underrated, if more people use this weapon is going to bring more fun to Halo gametypes.

I think it definitely needs a buff. If you miss even a single shot, chances are you’re going to die before you can kill anyone. I used the Carbine for a while, and I mostly got assists with it. I"m not the best player, but you shouldn’t have to be amazing to use it.

The Carbine is better than the BR. But they are both still poopoo compared to the DMR and LR.

It needs a buff but I don’t understand what you guys are saying. I do much better with a Carbine than any other precision weapon. Maybe it’s just me, who knows, eh? :stuck_out_tongue:

The Carbine is deadly depending on the players expertise.

If you are a monster headshoter and land all shots, you are A-Okay deadly!

If you have no idea, then no chance.

> The Carbine is deadly depending on the players expertise.
>
> If you are a monster headshoter and land all shots, you are A-Okay deadly!
>
> If you have no idea, then no chance.

But I can make that same argument with the Lightrifle.

If you can quickscope effectively, the Lightrifle beats everything short of the DMR.